Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Preview items from the new packs... ALREADY ??

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Preview items from the new packs... ALREADY ??

Infernixx's Avatar


Infernixx
02.28.2014 , 12:50 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Gamesux View Post
I'm sure the 1.2 million plus unsubscribers do the same thing when they read posts from the defenders
If people unsubscribe because they don't like the game anymore, why would they bother even reading these forums?

I don't go over to ESO forums or EQN forums or Wildstar forums and bother reading their stuff because I'm not interested.

Me thinks you project your own perspective onto lots of people that aren't you.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
02.28.2014 , 12:51 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by Tygranir View Post
Your sarcasm is palpable.
It's frustration at how others are allowed to treat people.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Slicka's Avatar


Slicka
02.28.2014 , 12:52 PM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by Tygranir View Post
They gave you a road map of what is coming.
A vague one at that.
Server: Prophecy of the Five
16 Characters, when will it end? All advanced classes, ftw!

Youtube Playthrough Videos / Guides

Infernixx's Avatar


Infernixx
02.28.2014 , 12:54 PM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by Slicka View Post
A vague one at that.
Considering how people in this forum are tearing into things based on what they know now, why should the Developers put forth more information?

Honestly, this whole thread is just silly.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

Tygranir's Avatar


Tygranir
02.28.2014 , 12:56 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Your point? That has NOTHING to do with how we persevere the infinitesimal amount of content we're getting vs. what the CM gets.
New armor, pet, and vehicle skins (which only require minimal adjustments to pre-existing programming) is very trivial, especially when compared to developing new content and new coding. One or two people can easily create a dozen CM items in a week. These items help fund much larger developments. I hope this clarifies the situation.
I am eating your canon, and pooping your immersion.

Infernixx's Avatar


Infernixx
02.28.2014 , 12:58 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by Tygranir View Post
New armor, pet, and vehicle skins (which only require minimal adjustments to pre-existing programming) is very trivial, especially when compared to developing new content and new coding. One or two people can easily create a dozen CM items in a week. These items help fund much larger developments. I hope this clarifies the situation.
They're not looking for clarification. They're looking for support for their idea that BW is all about short-term gain and don't care about anything else in the game. In spite of all evidence to the contrary.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

Joesixxpack's Avatar


Joesixxpack
02.28.2014 , 01:00 PM | #107
Hello droids.

/ninja smoke screen

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
02.28.2014 , 01:01 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by Infernixx View Post
...why should the Developers put forth more information?
Because, as others have pointed out many times, it's a business. They don't have a monopoly on online gaming and it would suit them well to get players excited and hyped up about what THIS game will soon offer. If they aren't proud enough to be exited and talk about their own game, why would their customers be?
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Gamesux's Avatar


Gamesux
02.28.2014 , 01:02 PM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by Tygranir View Post
New armor, pet, and vehicle skins (which only require minimal adjustments to pre-existing programming) is very trivial, especially when compared to developing new content and new coding. One or two people can easily create a dozen CM items in a week. These items help fund much larger developments. I hope this clarifies the situation.
no they don't it goes straight into the pockets of the upper echelon and back into the CM department

/next

Quote: Originally Posted by Infernixx View Post
They're not looking for clarification. They're looking for support for their idea that BW is all about short-term gain and don't care about anything else in the game. In spite of all evidence to the contrary.
You mean anecdotal evidence ??

/next

DarthTHC's Avatar


DarthTHC
02.28.2014 , 01:02 PM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
He already told you...you even quoted him. He thinks that whoever is prioritizing things seems to be wrong.

And I would fully agree. There seems to be zero sense of urgency from these guys, never has been...they seem content delivering the minimums. 1 Op a year (sure, DF and DP are technically 2, but even combined they're smaller than any other Op), 1 FP a year, 1 WZ a year, 1 Daily area a year, 2 maps with GSF (4 now)...the limited content being put out is trivial. The Cartel Market is thriving, while the game itself, the entire vessel of the Cartel Market, is seemingly left to stagnate.

I think those of us who are seemingly frustrated, are frustrated at the lack of commitment there appears to be to the actual GAME vs. the cash shop.
And I've told him, as others have, that he's not looking at it correctly.

All the resources on the team are not, in fact, interchangeable. The people working on the CM stuff cannot create more flash points. They can't create more war zones. They can't fix bugs in quests. They have the wrong skill set.

They also cost a lot less than the people who can do those things - the war zones, flash points, quests, etc. Maybe you can fire 2 from the Cartel Market to get 1 who can do the other stuff. Maybe.

Stagnate? Hyperbole? From you? Really? Adding stuff to the game is not stagnation. It might not be at the pace you would like. No game developer, even Blizzard with their billion a year revenue stream, can produce content at a pace that outstrips its players' ability to consume it.

I guess people can complain all they want that BioWare isn't producing what they want, when they want it, as fast as they want it. But unless those complainers are willing to live within the realm of reality, what value are they really providing?