Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Damage profile question

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Damage profile question

CIhe
02.26.2014 , 06:28 PM | #1
After the long wait on the suicide list and finally getting my relics and implants I am finally able to grab a few extra pieces to try and min max my gear per boss with out worrying that I'm going to miss out on an implant because I grabbed the boots.

With this is mind which damage profile ratio(or by boss if you have that info) would you math wizards recommend the defense heavy allocation vs the absorb heavy allocation (DF vs DP numbers). Or am I totally over thinking this and should I just stick with the DF and DP numbers for their perspective instances?

Any and all help is appreciated

vVvCheese
02.26.2014 , 07:03 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by CIhe View Post
After the long wait on the suicide list and finally getting my relics and implants I am finally able to grab a few extra pieces to try and min max my gear per boss with out worrying that I'm going to miss out on an implant because I grabbed the boots.

With this is mind which damage profile ratio(or by boss if you have that info) would you math wizards recommend the defense heavy allocation vs the absorb heavy allocation (DF vs DP numbers). Or am I totally over thinking this and should I just stick with the DF and DP numbers for their perspective instances?

Any and all help is appreciated
I highly recommend running something akin to the "average" profile KBN supplied in his post. If you have the means to carry a second set of gear, per KBN's recommendation, I'd carry a defense stacked set for Nefra and Calphayus. The rest of the bosses just...don't hit that hard.
Tenebras/Simulara
I've cleared all the content, probably before you.
Now I just PvP, and probably farm you.

Eksenia
02.28.2014 , 04:20 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by vVvCheese View Post
I highly recommend running something akin to the "average" profile KBN supplied in his post. If you have the means to carry a second set of gear, per KBN's recommendation, I'd carry a defense stacked set for Nefra and Calphayus. The rest of the bosses just...don't hit that hard.
I don't really see a need for def gear for Nefra and certainly not Cal. Maybe come NiM, but not now.
We do on a weekly basis Nefra set for 16hm with our standard 8 man setup for double implants. With healers that aren't nabcakes it's not particularily hard, tbh.

Though, as said, for NiM I assume it could be very useful.

Kadjunga
02.28.2014 , 01:22 PM | #4
Actually... it's a better idea to leave the implants / earpiece as last, since the veracity versions provide the same mitigation as do the dread forged ones. The only downside is a lot less mainstat for threat. But if you are not hurting for threat, veracity is good enough already.

The mods / enh and armorings help you a LOT more than the extra mainstat to stay alive.

As for the question about gear...

as cheese said, if you can't be bothered to carry around a spare
belt
bracer
offhand

then just go for the "average" build posted by kbn or dipstik. However, carrying just 3 spare items where you can even drop the imbalanced mods around is not so bad and helps out quite a bit.

The DF / DP numbers originally posted were just based on initial numbers, not taking into account how big of a percentile is unavoidable F/T or which of the attacks caused the biggest spike damage.

Absorb bosses:
Grob thok (add tank = defense)
Corruptor Zero
Brontes
Tyrans
Raptus

Defense bosses:
Nefra
Draxus (add tank = absorb)
Bestia
Calphayus
Council

If you are already clearing the bosses with ease, it wont really matter which set your using, while still progressing, switching out gear helps a lot. Your choice if you want to bother switching out gear, or just going with a "average" budget.

Kadjunga
02.28.2014 , 01:26 PM | #5
Also, if you can't remember which boss is which armor set, then just look at parsec damage taken sheet from the last pull.

If it has 0% defense / resist but has shielded attacks -> only shield works -> nano infused adrenal
If it has 0% defense / resist and 0% shielded attacks -> unavoidable F/T damage -> use DR cooldowns
If it has some defensive stats and shielded attacks -> defensive gear works -> defense chance CD

If you are playing a sin / shadow, then using force shroud / resilience can sometimes show up even on F/T attacks as "defended/resisted" but easy enough to spot that it is a resist, and not dodge based on the %

CIhe
02.28.2014 , 05:56 PM | #6
Thanks for the input guys. I have been running the average numbers for my jugg and we are clearing all but last boss in each instance pretty much one shot. Having issues keeping everyone alive in the 6 finger phase near the end of Brontes (think is a dps issue honestly) and haven't made many attempts at Dread council since we only raid one night a week and try to knock out both instances in 3 hours.

Thanks for the which is which type of boss list Kadjunga (have it on a post it note on my monitor now)