Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Where is this going ?


CosmicKat's Avatar


CosmicKat
02.26.2014 , 12:16 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by AGSThomas View Post
No one is saying change the whole game from Themepark to Sandbox. People are merely suggesting that some elements of Sandbox get put into the game. Ya know, to take a break from the themepark grind.
Absolutely.

"Sandbox" and "themepark" are not mutually exclusive. Adding elements of one has no affect on the other. In much the same way that if your favorite pizza joint added an octopus pizza, it would not mean you could no longer get a pepperoni one.
"I still think nothing that has been suggested in the last

10 minutes beats 'smashy smashy egg men'."

Nydus's Avatar


Nydus
02.26.2014 , 12:17 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by OrionSol View Post
Ever watched politicians do the hot seat dance and say things like “we’re not sure yet”, “I don’t have any information on that”, or “we can’t do that for ______ reasons” ?
Well, politicians don't always know what is going on and need to conduct their own investigations. This happens when you have hundreds of thousands of government workers spending billions of dollars. One person doesn't know every single little detail, as much as citizens might demand that they demonstrate opposite.

With respect to the people sent out on a tour. They know more than they probably let on, but they are there to manage the community and are given information and insight they are allowed to disperse (i.e. they don't have the authority to release any plans further out than a specific point).

That point currently being 2.7. I suspect they are still monitoring the finances of the game like a hawk. They don't want to announce anything definite after 2.7 because their priorities might change if there is a sudden decrease of subscribers or use of the Cartel Market.

That is the status of the game at the moment. Better than it was a year ago mind you, but still with an uncertain future. You can either be understanding of this or keep complaining and add your own little dagger into the heart of the game.

- Arcada
The Arcada Legacy (Ebon Hawk)
Ord'os (Lvl.55 Sorcerer), Naresa (Lvl.53 Operative), Jagrafess (Lvl.19 Marauder)
Nydus (Lvl.54 Shadow), Toclafane (Lvl.27 Guardian)

Preston_Violent's Avatar


Preston_Violent
02.26.2014 , 12:24 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by TravelersWay View Post
. Like player housing, Implementing sandbox elements is a waste of time and resources better spent creating actual playable content.
Oh yeah? Where? Where, where and where is this playable content? Dev's either have nothing to say or say that something will be too difficult to code. We got Makeb which was a year ago and which playtime was artificially extended by adding amounts of mobs beyond any reason or measure. After that we got 1 freaking short story line on Oricon, a very tiny piece of playable content and that was it. But ofc, we get packs to buy on a very regular basis.
They want us to continue supporting them and what do they give in return?
The so-called main team, not the team that does this cartel stuff. What are they doing? What have they been up to? What? No one can tell, no one knows and they don't say a freaking word, not a single freaking hint. Because they simply have nothing to say.

Prototypemind's Avatar


Prototypemind
02.26.2014 , 12:39 PM | #24
I'd be fine with it not even producing sandbox elements, but a more lively theme park world. ESO is built on the same engine, then tweaked with customizations, and has features like a day/night cycle with NPCs who change their actions according to time of day, and zones that can handle large numbers of players on screen at once. There are little things like that which should be present and would add greatly to the feel of the game.

I also have to agree with posters in other thread that there should be something to do in the Cantinas and on the whole of Nar Shaddaa. Nothing too crazy, but an entire planet known for its vices sans random glitter stim salesman trying to beckon you in and nothing to do in the casino just seem like a waste.

Fun distractions for those who mostly focus on standard PvP and PvE elements, and nice additions for those more taken with that sort of thing anyway. I doubt it will ever happen considering where the staff is now, but it would be nice.

DarthTHC's Avatar


DarthTHC
02.26.2014 , 12:41 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Preston_Violent View Post
Oh yeah? Where? Where, where and where is this playable content? Dev's either have nothing to say or say that something will be too difficult to code. We got Makeb which was a year ago and which playtime was artificially extended by adding amounts of mobs beyond any reason or measure. After that we got 1 freaking short story line on Oricon, a very tiny piece of playable content and that was it. But ofc, we get packs to buy on a very regular basis.
They want us to continue supporting them and what do they give in return?
The so-called main team, not the team that does this cartel stuff. What are they doing? What have they been up to? What? No one can tell, no one knows and they don't say a freaking word, not a single freaking hint. Because they simply have nothing to say.
Hey! Look! I found another person who thinks that graphic artists & animators can produce quests and operations and war zones!

Also, suggest you read the DevTracker and find the roadmap. Just because you haven't read it doesn't mean they haven't said it.
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
02.26.2014 , 12:42 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by OrionSol View Post
I recently went to the community cantina event in Phoenix a month ago or so. What I realized from attending that event is that there does not seem to be any real plans, at least ones they are willing to discuss, about improving the game the way the community has been asking for.
Well.. duh.

Quote: Originally Posted by OrionSol View Post
What is lacking for me is a sense of connection to my environment, a way for me to have a real impact on the game world around me. With no sandbox, player housing, guild capitol ships et cetera…
OIC.... this is a cleverly disguised demand statement, more so then a genuine discussion.

Quote: Originally Posted by OrionSol View Post
So… I ask. Where is this game going?
If they did not answer to your satisfaction at the Cantina Event..... surely you can deduce that repeating the question here is largely pointless...right?
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

Preston_Violent's Avatar


Preston_Violent
02.26.2014 , 12:46 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post

Also, suggest you read the DevTracker and find the roadmap. Just because you haven't read it doesn't mean they haven't said it.
I did read it and there is nothing there indicating they're even trying. NIM's? Space pvp? 1 new map for huttball? By any mmo standards that's almost nothing.

Nickious's Avatar


Nickious
02.26.2014 , 12:52 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Preston_Violent View Post
I did read it and there is nothing there indicating they're even trying. NIM's? Space pvp? 1 new map for huttball? By any mmo standards that's almost nothing.
Yeah, guess you missed the part about two new flashpoints, biggest content patch ever , and epic conclusion that will leave the galaxy shaking. check reddit page for the data miner with more details.

Vandicus's Avatar


Vandicus
02.26.2014 , 12:54 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Nickious View Post
Yeah, guess you missed the part about two new flashpoints, biggest content patch ever , and epic conclusion that will leave the galaxy shaking. check reddit page for the data miner with more details.
And two expansions this year, one like RoTHC and one like GS.
Darasuum kote ner vode!
Darasuum kote Mando'ade!

CosmicKat's Avatar


CosmicKat
02.26.2014 , 12:56 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Nickious View Post
Yeah, guess you missed the part about two new flashpoints, biggest content patch ever , and epic conclusion that will leave the galaxy shaking. check reddit page for the data miner with more details.
Is that anything like last year's "Summer of TOR!"? Well there was a summer, and there was a TOR, so yeah... technically correct, I guess.
"I still think nothing that has been suggested in the last

10 minutes beats 'smashy smashy egg men'."