Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Do we know when the next item reset is?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Do we know when the next item reset is?

Aharx
02.25.2014 , 03:04 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Kortio View Post
Pugs are asking for 168 Gear and higher ONLY for any Kind of Ops. So I am looking at like 4-6 weeks of daily flashpoints, if I can even be bothered to do that many. I think I rather wait for the reset. My Guild had all their lockouts already when I came on 7 PM GMT this evening. Basically 3 hours after the servers came back.

I am not really very confident to see any sort of endgame content atm.
If you don't have the proper gear then do as the previous poster said... FP's, HM FP's, Oricon Quest series and dailies, anything really that will grant you Elite/Basic Commendations. You can gear yourself very easily this way to get you started. You cannot expect to jump into the best content in the game with mediocre gear.
Aharx Pasari
Smuggler- Scoundrel: Sawbones
<<<--- GFF --->>>
"She may not look like much kid, but she's got it where it counts."

Kortio
02.25.2014 , 03:07 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Aharx View Post
If you don't have the proper gear then do as the previous poster said... FP's, HM FP's, Oricon Quest series and dailies, anything really that will grant you Elite/Basic Commendations. You can gear yourself very easily this way to get you started. You cannot expect to jump into the best content in the game with mediocre gear.
When did I say I expect that? I have more than enough gear to do the story mode ops.
As I said, I have everything 66 or 69er mods/armoring/hilts and 2 PvP Relics for my spec.
People see my 32k HP which is "too low" and kick me instantly.

Oneirophrenia
02.25.2014 , 03:09 PM | #13
Pugs are asking for 168 Gear and higher ONLY for any Kind of Ops. So I am looking at like 4-6 weeks of daily flashpoints, if I can even be bothered to do that many. I think I rather wait for the reset. My Guild had all their lockouts already when I came on 7 PM GMT this evening. Basically 3 hours after the servers came back.

I am not really very confident to see any sort of endgame content atm.
My suggestion, join another guild that run ops regularly at a time that makes more sense to your hours. Then it is just a simple matter of asking them to let you off-tank some of the SM ops like SnV, TFB, TC, etc.

Frankly speaking, pug ops are already full of variables so it is only natural for pug leaders to be more picky when it comes to key roles such as tanking. After all, good and bad tanks can literally make or break the run so that is not the place for a new-ish tank to expect people to be.... forgiving.

DarthTHC
02.25.2014 , 03:11 PM | #14
When did I say I expect that? I have more than enough gear to do the story mode ops.
As I said, I have everything 66 or 69er mods/armoring/hilts and 2 PvP Relics for my spec.
What class of tank are you that you only have 32k health in 66 and 69 gear? Are you sure you're properly itemized? Not that health is a good measure, but that seems low.

ninjonxb
02.25.2014 , 03:14 PM | #15
First. Like others have said... find a guild to run with. Either a consistant raid group or just a guild that does a lot of randoms.

Most pugs (unfortunately) are not looking to help gear and are just looking to do the raid/weeklies.

Regarding the reset. If I remember correctly, the "reset" that this game had with RoTC came out, was not like the resets WoW had. In WoW even the highest level tier gear was rendered obsolete by green drops in the new leveling area.

In SWTOR this was not the case. I believe that the top 2 levels of level 55 gear were perfectly viable for SM content at level 55.

Kortio
02.25.2014 , 03:56 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
What class of tank are you that you only have 32k health in 66 and 69 gear? Are you sure you're properly itemized? Not that health is a good measure, but that seems low.
Look here:
http://i.imgur.com/f3DikW8.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/gfTo0ld.png

Aharx
02.25.2014 , 04:20 PM | #17
Yeah... even in 69's there should be more overall health then that. Weird. We'd have to see each piece to know what mods you're using. Is your gear augmented? That can provide a massive boost which people often forget about. Datacrons as well will add a nice chunk of stats to your character.
Aharx Pasari
<<<--- GFF --->>>

Aharx
02.25.2014 , 04:22 PM | #18
Oh I didn't mean you specifically. I meant 'you' in a general population sense. Sorry that you took it out of context... that was not my intention.
Aharx Pasari
<<<--- GFF --->>>

Kortio
02.25.2014 , 04:28 PM | #19
Yeah... even in 69's there should be more overall health then that. Weird. We'd have to see each piece to know what mods you're using. Is your gear augmented? That can provide a massive boost which people often forget about. Datacrons as well will add a nice chunk of stats to your character.
I have 66's and some 69er. And no, my HP is just fine. Later Gear has much more Endurance than entry level gear. But that does not mean I can't fulfill my role properly.

edit: Working on the data chrons, but I can't do everything at once . Time is a limited resource.

altaboy
02.25.2014 , 04:31 PM | #20
I hope you are talking a boost to damage mitigating stats and not endurance/health... tank augments should be damage mitigating which do not provide endurance.

~32k health sound about right to me for a mix of 66/69 if the mods are correct for tanking. Which the mods should be focused on damage mitigating stats and not on endurance.