Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Do we know when the next item reset is?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Do we know when the next item reset is?

Kortio
02.25.2014 , 02:31 PM | #1
As a new Player playing a tank, I really have no chance getting into any sort of Operations. Even for 8 Man Storymode I am undergeared according to other people, while the game tells me I can play them (156 with some 162) just fine.

So I basically have to wait for an item reset, when everyone is back to par. Do we know when that will be?
I still have plenty of other content (Seeker Missions, HK51, Reputatio etc), so I can wait a bit.

DarthTHC
02.25.2014 , 02:34 PM | #2
No, you don't have to wait for a reset.

Do Oricon dailies. Do your weekly Group Finder quests. Do Hard Mode flash points. Get into some Toborro's Courtyard runs. Do whatever you can to collect Elite and Ultimate Commendations. You'll gear up quickly enough.

The next reset will come with the next increase in level cap which might be toward the end of this year but might be longer.

Kortio
02.25.2014 , 02:38 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
No, you don't have to wait for a reset.

Do Oricon dailies. Do your weekly Group Finder quests. Do Hard Mode flash points. Get into some Toborro's Courtyard runs. Do whatever you can to collect Elite and Ultimate Commendations. You'll gear up quickly enough.

The next reset will come with the next increase in level cap which might be toward the end of this year but might be longer.
Pugs are asking for 168 Gear and higher ONLY for any Kind of Ops. So I am looking at like 4-6 weeks of daily flashpoints, if I can even be bothered to do that many. I think I rather wait for the reset. My Guild had all their lockouts already when I came on 7 PM GMT this evening. Basically 3 hours after the servers came back.

I am not really very confident to see any sort of endgame content atm.

ikinai
02.25.2014 , 02:41 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Kortio View Post
Pugs are asking for 168 Gear and higher ONLY for any Kind of Ops. So I am looking at like 4-6 weeks of daily flashpoints, if I can even be bothered to do that many. I think I rather wait for the reset. My Guild had all their lockouts already when I came on 7 PM GMT this evening. Basically 3 hours after the servers came back.

If they are asking for ridiculously high gear numbers you most likely don't want to run with them anyways. They're more likely to be the DPS pullers and non-healing DPSing healers.
I'll tell you what, then. Why don't you call me some time when you have no class?
--Rodney Dangerfield Back to School
Is this referral mic on? It's free stuff and stuff, in game.

DarthTHC
02.25.2014 , 02:43 PM | #5

Get into a guild. Don't go with those PUGs. That's the old WoW disease of, "You have to have what this operation drops to run the operation". It's moronic.

You can run any Story Mode operation in the game with the gear you'll get from Elite commendations and level 55 hard mode flash points. If you run just one Hard Mode each day, you'll get about 17 Elite commendations a day plus 20 per week plus I think 12 Ultimates per week. Plus you'll get drops that will gear you for Story Mode flash points so you don't have to use only commendations to do it.

As a tank, you should easily be able to gear yourself up for story-mode operations in a couple weeks, three tops. I've done it. It was surprisingly simple. In fact, it was so simple I didn't even realize I was gearing up for operations. I just sort of all of a sudden had the gear.

Heck, if you've done Oricon once and kept the gear rewards, you're off to a great start.

Or you can wait 6, 9, or more months until the level cap increases, if it even does that then.

branmakmuffin
02.25.2014 , 02:43 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by ikinai View Post
If they are asking for ridiculously high gear numbers you most likely don't want to run with them anyways. They're more likely to be the DPS pullers and non-healing DPSing healers.
Yeah, if they want to be overgeared like that, they're probably just doing comm runs.

Khevar
02.25.2014 , 02:43 PM | #7

I would recommend finding a guild that better suits your schedule. Running all possible ops immediately after the lockout resets is only one way of handle endgame.

Other guilds schedule ops throughout the week.

TUXs
02.25.2014 , 02:47 PM | #8
What server are you on? I'd run a few Ops with you. (Pot5)
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

MillionsKNives
02.25.2014 , 02:52 PM | #9

I forget which rating translates to which gear, but as long as you're in 66 gear (main pieces are given for oricon questline) you're good to go. Anyone that tells you different is lying and looking for people way overgeared for the content. People were beating these out of the gate at 2.0 launch, in 61s and 63s. Even ignoring flashpoints and the like, dailies will net you 69 gear, which is the same as the gear that drops in the SM ops (rating wise at least).

I can certainly understand how frustrating it can be trying to get into PUGs with clueless people. Just this past weekend I was trying to get my newly 55 DPS into a PUG run and someone commented on my guildie and my gear just because we were around 25k health. Nevermind that we had all 66+ gear and the run went off without issues. People are so used to others being in gear 3 tiers above what's dropped in the instance, and augmented (which alone adds around 5 or 6k health, IIRC) that they just expect every new player to have top end gear already.

The real solution is to get into a guild which does runs and doesn't mind helping out new members. I find it hard to believe that 3 hours after servers opening that they've cleared all lockouts. And even if they have then either find a way to get in on their runs or find a better group.

Kurin
02.25.2014 , 03:02 PM | #10
The next time you'll find it easy to get on par with the next item level will probably be whenever they decide to raise the level cap to 60. That could happen this year, but it also might not.

You probably have the Oricon quest reward gear, so you are well on your way. If you get your 2 implants ans ear piece (HM Czerka or GTN) and then 2 relics from pvp, you'll be more than geared enough to run any SM ops. Outside Comms, there's little other reason to ever do random HM FP's

Sure, it would be nice to have a crafted mainhand, but you are looking at 1M credits or so. Not impossible, by grinding out every planets dailies, you could probably do this in a Saturday. Having such would help you a fair bit with regard to aggro, once you do get into Ops, considering nearly everyone is overgeared.

Another gearing up option is to get alts through the end of Chapter 3 and maxed out companions in all 5 specs. Finally, do you have all of your datacrons? It's amazing how few datacrons most people have found, yet they add so much (in total) to your stats.
<insert lots of characters here>- The Harbinger - Invictus guild.