Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Datacron Codex Entries for Makeb.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Datacron Codex Entries for Makeb.

Urantia's Avatar


Urantia
02.25.2014 , 09:17 AM | #1
First off let me say I was happy to see this entry in the patch notes. Having been almost a year since 2.0 launched, I was beginning to think these were never going to be added. I got that they were not a high priority {a year for something so seemingly trivial made this case}.

Anyhow...I log on today and the first thing I did was went to my codex screen. To my dismay it still reads as 67/69...still. So were they added or not? I know for a fact I have every datacron in the game...even earned the "Datacron Master" title back on 04/09/2013 when early access for 2.0 started.

Were the codex entires retroactively granted? If so, what were they called. I have gotten every cron in the game on all 16 of my characters...but because there was never a codex entry granted I have no idea what it is called. I really cannot be bothered to see if they are there by a process of eliminating all the pre-Makeb crons. I would also be lying if I said I ever committed any of the entries to memory lol...I grabbed them for stats nothing more nothing less.

I see also that Makeb, to this day, has still not been added to the codex screen with the other planets {humorously Oricon was added the day it was patced in lol}. Would this be the reason the screen will still say 67/69 for any player that truly has them all?.

I remember after 2.0 for a short time you added 2 placeholder crons to Alderaan...making the planet screen say 5/7 {since Aldy only ever had 5 crons this made sense why it would keep saying 67/69}. So I would appreciate some clarification on this please. I know my toons have the stats from them {which is all I cared about}....but I have been very curious this past year as to why something that, on its face, seems so trivial. Will we ever see Makeb on that planet screen lol?
│║▌█║▌║
SQUADRON238

Vegabond's Avatar


Vegabond
02.25.2014 , 09:35 AM | #2
Redo them on your alts, its what I just did and got the 2 entries.

Zohkar's Avatar


Zohkar
02.25.2014 , 10:51 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Vegabond View Post
Redo them on your alts, its what I just did and got the 2 entries.
Unfortunately, while that helps the alts finally get the entry some of the completionist would like the entrys on their mains vs. always putting stuff on alts because it's not retroactive. I as well checked the second I logged in and thought about running to see if I can re-aquire the two datacrons again, but I remember how hard it was to get the presence one (45 attempts) vs. the endurance (1st attempt).
60 Zohkar (Guardian) 60 Sa'brina (Immortal)
60 Zankar (Shadow) 60 Selura (Corruption)
60 Zandakar (Sharpshooter) 60 Sil'mara (Operative)
60 Zanlamar (Gunnery) 60 Sondrea (Shieldtech)

LtGeneralGezlin's Avatar


LtGeneralGezlin
02.25.2014 , 10:53 AM | #4
I have the Presence Datacron on my Main Smuggler (I haven't checked my other 55 yet) But, I don't have the Codex for that Datacron. And when I went back to see if I could get it, the datacron gave me that "You can not use this datacron Blah blah"

It's a bit annoying that these aren't fixed retroactively, but all the other codex fixes have been. -_-

Quote: Originally Posted by Urantia View Post
I see also that Makeb, to this day, has still not been added to the codex screen with the other planets {humorously Oricon was added the day it was patced in lol}. Would this be the reason the screen will still say 67/69 for any player that truly has them all?
Uh, they did add Makeb to the planet codex section. It's been there for quite a few patches...
CE Owner - The Gallifreyan Legacy - Squad 238 Tester
65 Gunslinger, 65 Commando, 60 Sentinel, 65 Shadow.
53 Operative, 54 Mercenary, 65 Marauder, 63 Juggernaut, 54 Sorcerer.

Darth_Wicked's Avatar


Darth_Wicked
02.25.2014 , 12:29 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Zohkar View Post
Unfortunately, while that helps the alts finally get the entry some of the completionist would like the entrys on their mains vs. always putting stuff on alts because it's not retroactive. I as well checked the second I logged in and thought about running to see if I can re-aquire the two datacrons again, but I remember how hard it was to get the presence one (45 attempts) vs. the endurance (1st attempt).
If you got the endurance datacron on your first attempt, you're my hero. If you needed 45 attempts to get the presence one though, I suggest you check your eyesight. Sure you're not mixing them up?

Either way, real shame the codex entries are not retroactively given. Shall pass for now I guess.

Quote:
Uh, they did add Makeb to the planet codex section. It's been there for quite a few patches...
Maybe he's not aware that Republic players at least need to interact with the Makeb sign, on the Republic orbital station. I only recently unlocked it that way for my main Sentinel.

DarthDymond's Avatar


DarthDymond
02.25.2014 , 12:34 PM | #6
Since it looks like they're not automatically being granted retroactively, does anyone know whether a ticket can be submitted to get them unlocked on a character who accessed the datacrons prior to the update?

Anyone know if that has worked with prior codex update issues, similar to this one?
One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars. ~Kain

Refer A Friend Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/2gNj3d to get the free stuff detailed here

Darth_Wicked's Avatar


Darth_Wicked
02.25.2014 , 12:38 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthDymond View Post
Since it looks like they're not automatically being granted retroactively, does anyone know whether a ticket can be submitted to get them unlocked on a character who accessed the datacrons prior to the update?

Anyone know if that has worked with prior codex update issues, similar to this one?
I was granted a couple of codex entries way back, after submitting a ticket. If I remember right though, those are still unobtainable, which is actually not the case here anymore.

Zohkar's Avatar


Zohkar
02.25.2014 , 12:56 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Wicked View Post
If you got the endurance datacron on your first attempt, you're my hero. If you needed 45 attempts to get the presence one though, I suggest you check your eyesight. Sure you're not mixing them up?
Nope, sadly the Endruance one I got on one attempt, nothing for me to clip as I jumped. Everytime I try to jump on that tube for Presence, I clip the wall or land on the smaller pipe. My body 3 is a hinderance when it comes to jumping at times and for a while it was hard squeezing thru the door on Alderaan till they fixed it.
60 Zohkar (Guardian) 60 Sa'brina (Immortal)
60 Zankar (Shadow) 60 Selura (Corruption)
60 Zandakar (Sharpshooter) 60 Sil'mara (Operative)
60 Zanlamar (Gunnery) 60 Sondrea (Shieldtech)

DarthVitrial's Avatar


DarthVitrial
02.25.2014 , 01:25 PM | #9
I'd say the best option is to send a ticket...that's what I'm doing, at least.

And that's how I got the codex entry for Imperial Scholar back when the Black Hole was brand-new.
Pythirr Falton of the Harbinger.
Shadow of Revan Beta Tester
Become my Referral via this link
to get a Preferred Friends Bundle and 7 days added to your subscription (I will get Cartel Coins).
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
I support blindly your salmon.

Eyesmindassassin's Avatar


Eyesmindassassin
02.25.2014 , 01:27 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Zohkar View Post
Nope, sadly the Endruance one I got on one attempt, nothing for me to clip as I jumped. Everytime I try to jump on that tube for Presence, I clip the wall or land on the smaller pipe. My body 3 is a hinderance when it comes to jumping at times and for a while it was hard squeezing thru the door on Alderaan till they fixed it.
There's a lot to clip for the Endurance one. First time I did it, only took 1-2 attempts as well and didn't notice. Second time, I clipped on a few jumps somehow (just the ground can clip you so it's not even obvious). Depends where you jump from I suppose. Presence one was easy for me, too, the first time. Second time I kept clipping that tube as well. Overall I dislike the Datacrons only because there is so many clipping issues and bugs in them and the jumping mechanics of this game. So many of them have places where you can get stuck and their solution to 'fixing' the problem is to unstuck you and place you at the start of the jumps instead of to just fix the gap where you can get stuck in. Lazy design.