Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is it just me or did they make Makeb a lot harder for the Empire?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Is it just me or did they make Makeb a lot harder for the Empire?

bannsider
02.25.2014 , 03:36 AM | #1
I have 3 level 55 Rep characters who have all done Makeb with very few problems. Last night I got my first Imperial (a sorcerer) to 55 and I thought whilst not overly difficult the Makeb missions (especially the last 3) seemed significantly more difficult than the corresponding Republic missions.

Anyone else agree?

thewitchdoctor
02.25.2014 , 04:24 AM | #2
I did it reverse of you. I have leveled a number of Imperial toons since launch and only recently started on Pub side.

After taking my first Pub toon through Makeb, I thought to myself, "bloody easy mode."

Personally, I found in a number of ways, often in, for lack of a better term, "level design," the Republic has it easier.
Good. Bad. I'm the twi'lek with the saber.
DPS: Carnage Marauder - Combat Sentinel
Tanks: Powertech - Vanguard
Healer: Operative - Scoundrel

tanerb
02.25.2014 , 04:32 AM | #3
Yes, empire side is harder than pub side for Makeb.

Blowwtorch
02.25.2014 , 04:34 AM | #4
Wait till you get to the last boss.

bannsider
02.25.2014 , 07:53 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Blowwtorch View Post
Wait till you get to the last boss.
Yea I finished it, much harder fight than the republic lat fight.

The Armageddon thread... I thought it was never going to end! Though I did do all of the bonus missions.

hadoken
02.25.2014 , 08:00 AM | #6
Yea it's more "difficult" (in terms of more trash to fight through).

lironBD
02.25.2014 , 08:50 AM | #7
Only difference is last boss for the empire which is lot more difficult mechanics wise.... if you miss one step u get 1-shot-killed.

on pub side you can just destroy that git with tank\spank tactics.

regarding other parts of makeb both sides get to the same places so no difference there.
Europe -> The Red Ecplipse
Oracans-> Sith Pureblood Inquisitor Sorcerer

http://www.swtor.com/r/NP7bNn \ Buddy invite

hadoken
02.25.2014 , 09:05 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by lironBD View Post
regarding other parts of makeb both sides get to the same places so no difference there.
No they're really not. The same general zones sure but the mob density and layout/paths you take are completely different. You almost never run into the other faction.

Fazaani
02.25.2014 , 09:11 AM | #9
Makeb... hard... hmmm...
The Firkraag legacy
Firkraag, also known as Lord Jierdan Firkraag, was a red dragon living in the Windspear Hills in Amn and masquerading as a human noble.
Around since 2008

Irongut
02.25.2014 , 09:49 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by hadoken View Post
No they're really not. The same general zones sure but the mob density and layout/paths you take are completely different. You almost never run into the other faction.
I must be playing a different Makeb then because I regularly run into players from the other faction. Usually in the later regions but I have seen Republic characters in Solida Hesk's estate and the Westwater Settlements which are very early regions for the Empire.

I agree the final boss fight is harder for the Empire but they get a better storyline as a reward. The Emperor's Wrath, my Dark 5 juggernaut, saving the planet was hilarious and much more exciting than my Smuggler rescuing a bunch of people I've never met on an Ark.
◄[|||||||█[☼]█[███████████████████████████████████)