Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

edit: nvm

TUXs
02.25.2014 , 10:13 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Fractalsponge View Post
2.7 mined changes I think. There will be less rambo-mode in gunships I guess.
Ah!!! I see that now. Hmmm...not fond of the change tbh...30 seconds from 15 where all the others bump to 20 from 15? Seems a little wrong.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

Fractalsponge
02.25.2014 , 10:17 AM | #12
Barrel roll is still hands down going to be the go-to for gunships. I'd love some real build variety, but there isn't any other option that won't get you roflstomped in short order. Interdiction drive would be cool in theory, but it's killed by the uber-long cooldown and lack of missile break or evasion.

That said, I'd have preferred a 20s cooldown and a larger energy cost, but I think 30s won't be that huge a deal. Just, like I said, less Rambo-ing

Zoom_VI
02.25.2014 , 12:21 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Ah!!! I see that now. Hmmm...not fond of the change tbh...30 seconds from 15 where all the others bump to 20 from 15? Seems a little wrong.
30?
EDIT: oh wait 30 seconds minus 10 seconds from talent. so 20 second cooldown. Probably so that gunships can't outrun scouts anymore. (which was dumb)
Crinn
Trooper Hunter

Vanguard | Commando | Powertech | Mercenary
Quote: Originally Posted by Aves
Everything is fine, calm your Crinns

Mallorik
02.25.2014 , 12:28 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoom_VI View Post
30?
EDIT: oh wait 30 seconds minus 10 seconds from talent. so 20 second cooldown. Probably so that gunships can't outrun scouts anymore. (which was dumb)
Gunships being able to run away is not what makes them dumb.

Zoom_VI
02.25.2014 , 12:35 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Mallorik View Post
Gunships being able to run away is not what makes them dumb.
No what makes them dumb is that they can outrun everything else that doesn't have BR.
A scout should be able to eventually be able to run a gunship to ground, right now that can't happen unless the scout also has BR.

Now gunships being able to run for a bit is fine and necessary, but gunships shouldn't be the best drag racers in GSF.
Crinn
Trooper Hunter

TUXs
02.25.2014 , 12:38 PM | #16
30?
Not positive...every other defensive move appears to be going to a 20 sec cooldown (pre-reduced cooldown), only this is 30.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

SammyGStatus
02.25.2014 , 12:45 PM | #17
No what makes them dumb is that they can outrun everything else that doesn't have BR.
A scout should be able to eventually be able to run a gunship to ground, right now that can't happen unless the scout also has BR.

Now gunships being able to run for a bit is fine and necessary, but gunships shouldn't be the best drag racers in GSF.
I'd be willing to conceede some speed in a GS for losing firepower on a scout. They're way too powerful to have that much evasion, speed, and power (I also still think Ion Railgun is too OP, but if they take speed away from Gunships they'll have to level that with reducing firepower on a scout)

EDIT: I really don't care about the way they (scouts) are now, but if you reduce the barrel roll, as a GS, I'm gonna start dying more than 1-2 times every few games. A good scout pilot (there's a couple on Jung'Ma that I recognize) can keep up with a gunship as is. I could see the bombers being reduced a little tho, and having the other GS (not the mangler) be more of a tank-like build to cap / hold objectives
Aimbot / Renegade-One / Ashketar (IMP) - TEH's DAMAGE OVERCHARGE GSF GM
Leggogurl - Bane of Jung'Ma's Pub Pilots
Renegade-One (Harbinger) - <Irrelevant Squadron>

Kain_Turinbar
02.25.2014 , 12:55 PM | #18
Where are you guys seeing these mined changes?

I still won't take Koigan turn or any of those other terrible engine abilities. I guess I won't be as invincible in my strike fighter now though as I will be easy to hit with missiles, another plus for scouts.

Zoom_VI
02.25.2014 , 02:37 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by SammyGStatus View Post
EDIT: I really don't care about the way they (scouts) are now, but if you reduce the barrel roll, as a GS, I'm gonna start dying more than 1-2 times every few games. A good scout pilot (there's a couple on Jung'Ma that I recognize) can keep up with a gunship as is. I could see the bombers being reduced a little tho, and having the other GS (not the mangler) be more of a tank-like build to cap / hold objectives
So? Every scout on the server dies more than 1-2 times a match. (barring the herpderp faceroll ones) I have no frigging idea why gunships seem to think they need to exempt from dying. Jaxin, Rumina, Me, Saykon, Ayden we all die frequently enough, yet I go and look at Tsuk and Alex and they all have K/D averages on their gunships in the 16-17 range.

You wanna know how to lockdown a scout? You kill it. Or lockdown a strike? You kill it. Or lockdown a bomber? You kill it. Lockdown a gunship? You chase it endlessly.
Crinn
Trooper Hunter

TUXs
02.25.2014 , 03:10 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by SammyGStatus View Post
Wow...you would actually die more than 1 or 2 times every few games? The horror...