Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Strike on the capital ships: Double edged sword?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Strike on the capital ships: Double edged sword?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Sidenti
03.03.2014 , 08:01 AM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by Armonddd View Post
There have been more threads and more discussion on this topic than any other save, I think, the aces thread, and still no response from BioWare.

Really?
Really. Lemme know when y'all are ready to jump ship - added five more levels and a bank full of crap to give away on NWO. XD

TheObiOne
03.06.2014 , 04:17 AM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
Well, short term that is the thing to do. it's not perfect but much better than what there is now.

Any new solution will likely have to be kept simple if we want to see a fix any time soon, so some of these elaborate suggestions probably won't be considered seriously.
I think they should implement a no cannon zone around the cap ships. Turn the guns back on, and also that same no cannon zone should restock missiles and *possibly* heal your ship. The same game mechanics that MOST games with a spawn zone have, like LoL or Heroes of Newarth or DOTA. It's similarly laid out, so the same things should be implemented.

On a side note, they could make another map where you need ~100-150 points, and play kills count as 1, while they add drones coming from the capital ships going across the map that count as 2 points. Eventually the drones would end up at the other's capital ship, getting destroyed. This would also prevent spawn camping. Killing other players would still be encouraged, as it would prevent those same players from killing drones. But obviously the team that takes over more of the map would benefit most. It'd be a very different game mode than what they have so far. I think it'd be fun.