Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Strike on the capital ships: Double edged sword?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Strike on the capital ships: Double edged sword?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Delta_V
02.24.2014 , 07:01 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Zharik View Post
Personally I think spawning in an exhaustion zone with 10-15 seconds (or so) of exhaustion zone immunity would do it.

But I appreciate the attempt at reducing the amount of chickens who are getting the NPCs to fight FOR them.
This. I don't remember where I first heard it, but I've been supporting this idea as well.

It would prevent spawn camping while also preventing people from hiding behind their capship.

Armonddd
02.24.2014 , 07:05 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Zharik View Post
Personally I think spawning in an exhaustion zone with 10-15 seconds (or so) of exhaustion zone immunity would do it.

But I appreciate the attempt at reducing the amount of chickens who are getting the NPCs to fight FOR them.
Not gonna claim I was the first to say it, but I've been endorsing something of this sort for... a while now.
Space Ace of <Death Squadron>, <Black Squadron>, <Eclipse Squadron>, and <solo da>

Applejacxs
02.24.2014 , 09:45 PM | #13
Can someone explain to me why they cant have desertion detection in gsf? Did the mention it is not possible for them to do it?

CaliJoe
02.25.2014 , 12:36 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by ChrisSchmidt View Post
I just wanted to add that a third spawn point has also been added for each team in Team Deathmatch mode.
Ah! Good! Now the campers can't ...camp...easily.
Wild speculation on forums? When does that happen? The Harbinger - Fumanshu Legacy
Repub: Jafaean(Arms), Zelgen(Artifice), Espellah(Cyber), Jabender(Synthweave)
Imp: Vindrock(Armor), Antshell(BioChem), Li'Larish, Kenevil

Helig
02.25.2014 , 01:03 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by CaliJoe View Post
Ah! Good! Now the campers can't ...camp...easily.
Yes, a team can't camp in the safety of their capship turrets, while shooting any enemy that comes close with 5 railgun salvos.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

Verain
02.25.2014 , 01:45 AM | #16
A poor fix to the problem.

Helig
02.25.2014 , 01:53 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Verain View Post
A poor fix to the problem.
You still can run back to mommy as soon as somebody looks at you wrong on your precious Gunship in Domination.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

Deimos_Olympian
02.25.2014 , 02:12 AM | #18
I will exit every battle that is the only way to avoid being spawncamped with these changes iets already possible as a bomber to drop a hyperspace beacon on the enemy capital ships. This change only favours premade teams to farm pugplayers. Who will lose intrest in playing and will stop playing starfighter. Meaning longer q's for us all

Jandi
02.25.2014 , 02:27 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Deimos_Olympian View Post
I will exit every battle that is the only way to avoid being spawncamped with these changes iets already possible as a bomber to drop a hyperspace beacon on the enemy capital ships. This change only favours premade teams to farm pugplayers. Who will lose intrest in playing and will stop playing starfighter. Meaning longer q's for us all
Good. Maybe if people like you exit he battle, it will be backfilled by actual pilots and not capital ship huggers.

Deimos_Olympian
02.25.2014 , 03:19 AM | #20
Very mature response starting personal attacks to people who raise a issue with a not well thought out change that will be gamebreacking.
Seeing that ik mostly in the top three of every match that i play no matter what ship i fly think i know what i am talking about.
With the minelayer i can drop a hyperspace beacon behind the enemy capital ship let a dronecarrier and a gunship spawn you be able to spawncamp a match and win without reality effort.so no piloting skills needed. This is already possible without the change. Because only the front turrets work on the republic capital ships work and you can behind the. Ships where the front turrets cant shoot at you.

Please i would like you to discuss this subject with facts and not personal attacks like so many of the forumtrolls.