Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Prepare to be farmed: Cap ships in TDM no longer fire at enemies

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Prepare to be farmed: Cap ships in TDM no longer fire at enemies

Ravenschild
02.26.2014 , 04:58 AM | #61
One thing that was starting to be seen (and its been posted in the GSF forums previously) was in a close fight one team would get ahead and camp their spawn running out the clock and using the cover of the cap ship so the other team could not catch up. This is the biggest reason the cannons were removed. Personally I felt that they should handle it aircraft carrier style and if you lead fighters out of the engagement area towards your carrier you should be shot down. Rethinking that however changed my mind and honestly I hope the fix for all GSF matches is an exhaustion zone with a 20 sec buff when you launch to get out of said zone near the cap ship.
If you get hurt,hurt them back.If you get killed,walk it off
Ravnn (Sniper) | Culainn (Commando) | Cintas (Mercenary)| Sodomos (Assassin)| No-Name (Gunslinger)| Fios (Sorcerer)| Hemr'roids (Juggernaut)
Begeren Colony

HuaRya
02.26.2014 , 02:41 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Whifi View Post
A potentially better change would have been removing the capital ships and having 4-6 spawn points spread on the map. Without capital ships present it can be hard to guage your bearings and push towards spawn points, and with more spawn points, it reduces the potential to spawn camp.

Maybe even switching spawn locations periodically between Republic and Empire so that suddenly your enemy can spawn behind you could help alleviate spawn camping and add a new angle to TDM
I agree 1000 percent
Group Ranked - check, Solo Ranked - check
Group Unranked - check, Solo Unranked -
Sign the Petition for an Unranked Solo Queue Option
http://bit.ly/1MGtehH

ptwonline
02.26.2014 , 02:51 PM | #63
After playing some matches without the guns, I can tell you the problem with the ideas of different spawn locations: it makes the outmatched side virtually impossible to coordinate and act together.

When you respawn now you have no idea who else will respawn, when, or where. So what do you do? You look for the nearest allies. Problem: those allies are probably outnumbered already (since your geting killed) and so you end up going one by one to get outmatched.

What used to happen was that people would respawn at the same point, knowing that others would too and that you would have some cover from the guns to organize and go forth together. Even if you were outmatched it gave you a CHANCE to fight back a bit. You can't do that now. You're on the defensive and outmatched at all times if you're the lesser side, and I can tell it's a MASSIVE psychological difference, and it's downright depressing.

Even when I'm on the dominant side it's depressing because you're fighting these guys who have no chance.

This needs to be changed soon. I'm not 100% sure whaty the best solution is, but I do know that the current solution is far worse than the problem it was supposed to solve. I'm not sure I could go anothre single day playing things as they are right now. The games are too lopsided. Unles you happen to queue on the same side as premades, this game is essentially dead for the solo queuers.

TUXs
02.26.2014 , 02:59 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
When you respawn now you have no idea who else will respawn, when, or where. So what do you do? You look for the nearest allies. Problem: those allies are probably outnumbered already (since your geting killed) and so you end up going one by one to get outmatched.
Try waiting if it's such an issue.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 free transfer 7-day free sub Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

ptwonline
02.26.2014 , 03:03 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Try waiting if it's such an issue.
For what? For some other ships to spawn while other respawners also spawn elsewhere? Giving time for the enemy gunships to encircle the respawners?

It's ridiculous right now. Attackers stay clumped into central groups that can outnumber their opponents and quickly shift to reinforce each other while the outmatched group comes in small groups from different directions and get creamed. They have no chance. If they try to group up they are an easy target for the large, organized enemy force. I've seen it from both sides the past 2 days, and it's bad enough that I'm seriously thinking of quitting.

TUXs
02.26.2014 , 03:07 PM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
For what? For some other ships to spawn while other respawners also spawn elsewhere? Giving time for the enemy gunships to encircle the respawners?

It's ridiculous right now. Attackers stay clumped into central groups that can outnumber their opponents and quickly shift to reinforce each other while the outmatched group comes in small groups from different directions and get creamed. They have no chance. If they try to group up they are an easy target for the large, organized enemy force. I've seen it from both sides the past 2 days, and it's bad enough that I'm seriously thinking of quitting.
I don't want to say anything that makes you feel like quitting. I hope you figure out a way to change it up and get out of those situations without the frustrations.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 free transfer 7-day free sub Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

ptwonline
02.26.2014 , 03:15 PM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
I don't want to say anything that makes you feel like quitting. I hope you figure out a way to change it up and get out of those situations without the frustrations.
The only solution I see atm is for lesser pilots to quit en masse so that it will only be teams of experienced vs experienced. THat won't actually fix the issue since the problem is systemic, but they'd have SOME chance to fight back.

A decent matchmaking system would work too, but I'm not sure I will play this game long enough to see THAT day.