Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why are vehicle mounting sounds so god-awful?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why are vehicle mounting sounds so god-awful?

Cor_Vandar
02.22.2014 , 09:17 PM | #1
Ok, so I only have experience with four types of vehicles but out of those, two of them have been so wince-inducingly horrible that I've abandoned using them despite really liking the look of them.

The first was the Meirm Hyacinth. It is utterly perfect for my scoundrel. Suits him to a T. But... that sound... Toot! Toot!

Nope.

And the Ikas Falchion is so wonderfully fantastic for my jedi guardian but hearing it start up I keep thinking there's a petrol-powered whipper-snipper at work.

Honestly, does anyone think these are good sounds? Did these go through any sort of approval process or were they just thrown at an intern who was having a bad day?

-Slaughterhouse-
02.22.2014 , 09:37 PM | #2
agree....terrible sound on meir....i stopped using it also, due to sound of stupid horn
" Seek Your Destiny "
Blastfield - Guildmaster of Dark Ops
The Harbinger Server - Sith - PVE
Join Us at: http://darkops.enjin.com

XiamaraSimi
02.22.2014 , 10:53 PM | #3
Weapon sounds are just as bad... Rangehunter Blaster Pistol looks so nice... then you use it... and you sound like your shooting the gun that shoots the ping pong balls at the carnival...

Poink! Poink! Poink!

OddballEasyEight
02.23.2014 , 12:02 AM | #4
What I particularly dislike about the speeder sounds (except that toot-toot horn sound one model makes) is that there is no real correlation between the startup sound and the actual movement sound.
Get a FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription, plus a bunch of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link.
Click here for my videos previewing blaster sounds.

reclipsed
02.23.2014 , 12:28 AM | #5
Agree with above posters. I do like the speeder that sounds like a old dirt bike trying to be started.
I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.
― Friedrich Nietzsche

Cor_Vandar
02.23.2014 , 12:49 AM | #6
Wouldn't these sounds be client-side? Is there an override folder? Could we change the sounds?

Prototypemind
02.23.2014 , 02:02 AM | #7
The mounts with good sounds are indeed few and far between, same as the weaponry.

Ferrety
02.23.2014 , 02:03 AM | #8
The 'toot toot' on the Meirm mount's is fantastic!

I've never really paid enough attention to the mounting sounds for it to be an issue for me, I think they sound fine.

jedip_enguin
02.23.2014 , 03:20 AM | #9
You can take my life but you'll never take my Toot Toot!!!
Click my link please, I'm almost out of Cartel coins - http://www.swtor.com/r/Sh6HPh

unK_
02.23.2014 , 04:03 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Cor_Vandar View Post
The first was the Meirm Hyacinth. It is utterly perfect for my scoundrel. Suits him to a T. But... that sound... Toot! Toot!
Actually, once I realized what is the source of the "toot toot" sound, I promptly went to GTN and bought this mount, it's great