Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Going preferred from sub

lironBD
02.22.2014 , 05:31 PM | #1
Hi there fellow swtor fans...

Few questions,
First of all I still got sub for about 40 days or so and I'm not playing too much in swtor but still having fun here and there so I wnated to try going preferred after this sub time over.

My plan:
1. healer - sorcerer \ my main
2. Tank - Jugg
3. DPS - PT

Currently I got 16 alts on same server and I used something like 8 server character slot to open them - in theory once I go preferred I can open all 3 slots for the toons I want to play?

Next is the issue of crafting, will I be able to keep having 3 crew skills on each of this characters? and then will I be able to use 5 companions on each one of them for same time?

Regarding cargo bay and storage, on each character I've opened the full inventory and for all of them I purchased a second cargo bay with 1 account cargo unlock, my sorc also got a third cargo storage which i got for him paying 20k creds. They will be able to use those?

About some unlocks I subd this time using buddy invite so all of my toons got a package with unlocks like unify color, display legacy\title name and such... what other unlocks you recommend to get?

Regarding the security key vendor... if I use it now with the android app, will I be able to keep using it while in preferred?

Regarding money, I understand that the max amount of money I can have in any one time as preferred is limited. There are any unlocks to address this issue?

FP\PVP\OPS and such require unlocks right? should I hoard some before my preferred begins?

Regarding the artifact authorization I understand i need that one in order to use purple stuff on my toons and then I need the account one to unlock all my toons at once? correct?

After I'm preferred can I mail stuff and money between my alts?

Should I get some GTN slots unlock first as well? I understand it's limited.

Regarding fleet travel \ qt and such... any limitation I should get unlocks for in advance?

And last thing any run down list of unlocks I should get in advance and other general tips will help :P
Europe -> The Red Ecplipse
Oracans-> Sith Pureblood Inquisitor Sorcerer

Tatile
02.22.2014 , 05:32 PM | #2
Um. I think that the Escrow Transfers are what you're looking for, in regards to credit cap. (Other than that I have no idea.)

XiamaraSimi
02.22.2014 , 06:18 PM | #3
Responding within the quote because responding to this on a reader with no usable copy paste function, answers will be following a *********

Quote: Originally Posted by lironBD View Post

Next is the issue of crafting, will I be able to keep having 3 crew skills on each of this characters? and then will I be able to use 5 companions on each one of them for same time?

******* Only if you unlock them via cartel market, you will go down to only having them be able to craft 1 thing from 5 and you will also lose a crew skill slot. Stars at 3 usable comps froom 5

Regarding cargo bay and storage, on each character I've opened the full inventory and for all of them I purchased a second cargo bay with 1 account cargo unlock, my sorc also got a third cargo storage which i got for him paying 20k creds. They will be able to use tho

******* I still had mine when due to a expired card mine went preferred for a couple days

Regarding the security key vendor... if I use it now with the android app, will I be able to keep using it while in preferred?

********* Yes

Regarding money, I understand that the max amount of money I can have in any one time as preferred is limited. There are any unlocks to address this issue?

********* Escrow tokens from the market, cap in non sub is 350k

FP\PVP\OPS and such require unlocks right? should I hoard some before my preferred begins?

********** I don't do pvp or ops, but I do space, and it limits you to 3 a week on those

Regarding the artifact authorization I understand i need that one in order to use purple stuff on my toons and then I need the account one to unlock all my toons at once? correct?

******* Yes

After I'm preferred can I mail stuff and money between my alts?

******** Only one item at a time rather then 8, no credits

Should I get some GTN slots unlock first as well? I understand it's limited.

********* Yes you only get 5

Regarding fleet travel \ qt and such... any limitation I should get unlocks for in advance?

********* That I don't know, I coouldnt stand the F2P restrictions, so I ended up just sitting on my ships doing the limited space missions til I got my new card.

And last thing any run down list of unlocks I should get in advance and other general tips will help :P
All in all, you are a crafter, sub, life will be painful otherwise.
The Xiamara Legacy Jung Ma Nightmare Squadron
Simi, Anyamara, Anyankha, Apollimi, Xiamara, Betanya, S'imi, Kitsune'tsuki, Shi'ara, Tayanna, Asuka
BIOWARE PLEASE FIX THE BROKEN IMPERIAL SOR INTROS, ITS BEEN 8+ MONTHS!

lironBD
02.22.2014 , 07:12 PM | #4
hmm that is bad...

I already got on each of them 3 skills at 450 rank having one deleted is pita... and all of those limitations are plain annoying I'll just won't renew my sub I think until new content patch will be added.

Jeweledleah
02.22.2014 , 07:25 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by lironBD View Post
hmm that is bad...

I already got on each of them 3 skills at 450 rank having one deleted is pita... and all of those limitations are plain annoying I'll just won't renew my sub I think until new content patch will be added.
it won't be deleted. you'll just need to get a crewskill unlock to make it usable again. without it - you'll have to pick 2 skills to activate while third one is inactive.

IMO - these are the unlocks you will need to keep your experience as close to subscription level as humanly possible.
character slots - you have that covered (as prefered you get 6 plus whatever you unlocked up to maximum of 16), character titles, legacy titles, unify colors, hide head slot, companion customization, artifact and event equipment, action bar X 2, unlock 10 more GTN slots - buy however many you think you'll use. I rarely list more than 20 items at a time so i only bought 2, crew skill unlock (that will give you access to all 3 profession slots), section x authorization, guild bank acess.

stock up on passes for whatever activity you enjoy more than weekly limit. me i have a bunch of ops passes sitting in my cargo hold. I rarely do more than 3 space missions a week, ( or flashpoints) since i tend to spread them across multiple characters. (they are sometimes sold on GTN - price may vary)

you will miss higher credit limit, ability to queue up your crafting tasks, mailing in bulk (and credits) but otherwise, its very doable. pure f2p sucks, but preferred with unlocks is not too terrible. with exception of being able to open quest reward boxes /side eyes bioware (that is such a crappy restriction.. I mean... there are quests that don't even give you a choice between box or something else, all they give you is a box >_> )

Eillack
02.22.2014 , 08:20 PM | #6
To be honest the harsh restrictions on Preferred is supposed to make someone become a subscriber again.

But yes, choose the 3 you need most.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.
Referral Code
The Benefits of Referrals

lironBD
02.23.2014 , 03:04 AM | #7
Well I thought the limitations were to maximize their income from the cartel market or something so I'll be able to stay bit active while there are no new update... Tell you the truth I'm bit bored as oricon getting old and GSF is not for me...

It's ending up abusing bolster for pvp or abusing credits with crew skills... :X

AlrikFassbauer
02.23.2014 , 04:59 AM | #8
The security token vendor is - as far as I know - totally independent from your subscription or non-subscription.

Your biggest problem might perhaps be that as an Preferred One, you won't be able to use purple "artifact status" things anymore - you might want to buy that expensive account-wide unlock on the Cartel Market for that.

As far as I know, you even won't be able to use self-crafted "artifact value" things anymore !

Purple "artifact value" things that you used already can still be used, I think, but I'm not sure on that, because the last tiome I was Preferred Status my Bounty Hunter and his Companion Mako couldn't wear armor anymorethat was of that value grade.
<S-key to victory> Because quad wheel is always better than dual wheel.

lironBD
02.23.2014 , 06:51 AM | #9
hmm yup not good enough if they would have given the option to unlock those stuff via cartel market at least but nop.

DarthMaulUK
02.23.2014 , 07:05 AM | #10
Search the forum, there was a good thread outlining what you need when you move from sub to preferred

Tips, Guides, Streams,Live Events