Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The $100.00 Rancor Mount

RowanThursday
02.24.2014 , 05:18 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Heal-To-Full View Post
I have to pay about 500 times that for a cool IRL mount.
Oh *so* many possible comments...
"Next time you come to a rough choice in the dark, and think to yourself 'No one's gonna know'... imagine you've got yourself a mirror and hold it up, think like you're lookin' in the glass. That's who's gonna know."
-- Captain Melody January of the Freighter Hestia's Dawn.

Transcendent
02.24.2014 , 05:34 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Heal-To-Full View Post
I have to pay about 500 times that for a cool IRL mount.
30000 isn't going to get me a cool IRL mount. Not even close.

Suzina
02.24.2014 , 05:45 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Klarick View Post
Those that do well in PvE, get special mounts.
Those that do well in PvP, get a Rancor mount.

There needs to be something for those of us that do well in the most important game of all:

The Game of Life.

I propose the $100.00 Rancor as a trophy-mount for those that succeed where it truly counts.

I WANT MY CM RANCOR!
And yet, if you pay 100$ for an in-game you have failed at life. What a dilemma.
Member of Bane Fleet

CosmicKat
02.24.2014 , 05:51 PM | #24
I wonder how many people are going to be screaming "lawsuit" when the game inevitably shuts down (whenever that may be), and all these people who spend $100's or $1000's on the CM suddenly realize that they have a whole lot of zero, bupkis, squat, nada, and zilch to show for it?
"I still think nothing that has been suggested in the last

10 minutes beats 'smashy smashy egg men'."

kirorx
02.24.2014 , 06:59 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Jandi View Post
Sorry bro, but if your life truly is so meaningless that you're willing to spend 100$ on a mount in an MMO to feel special, you've failed at life harder than you realize.
Thats not really true.

For alot of people 100 bucks is not alot of money and more so for a 1 time purchase

I wouldn't spend it on a rancor but if I really wanted one it wouldn't be a big deal.

I went downtown with some friends this weekend bar hopping and easily spent over 150 bucks, IMO buying a rancor may have been a better buy and less of a headache the next day
Watch the Clowder of Cather in this video http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j7uTcYvoEbU

Khevar
02.24.2014 , 07:47 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
I wonder how many people are going to be screaming "lawsuit" when the game inevitably shuts down (whenever that may be), and all these people who spend $100's or $1000's on the CM suddenly realize that they have a whole lot of zero, bupkis, squat, nada, and zilch to show for it?
Interesting question. Have there been other MMOs with a cash shop that shut down?

illgot
02.24.2014 , 08:18 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Klarick View Post
Those that do well in PvE, get special mounts.
Those that do well in PvP, get a Rancor mount.

There needs to be something for those of us that do well in the most important game of all:

The Game of Life.

I propose the $100.00 Rancor as a trophy-mount for those that succeed where it truly counts.

I WANT MY CM RANCOR!
I agree.

Neon Glowing Rainbow Rancor!!

OddballEasyEight
02.25.2014 , 12:06 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
Interesting question. Have there been other MMOs with a cash shop that shut down?
Not a cash shop, but when APB shut down without warning alot of people had long-running subscriptions left.
Personally I had 6 months worth of subscription paid and there was alot of talk on how to re-pay that.
In the end the game was renewed with another publisher and developer and everyone who had subscriptions got some free stuff, but I don't remember what it was.
Click here for free stuff.
Complaining about a problem without proposing a solution is called whining.
Click here to view my class storyline videos and preview blaster sounds

illgot
02.25.2014 , 01:00 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
Not a cash shop, but when APB shut down without warning alot of people had long-running subscriptions left.
Personally I had 6 months worth of subscription paid and there was alot of talk on how to re-pay that.
In the end the game was renewed with another publisher and developer and everyone who had subscriptions got some free stuff, but I don't remember what it was.
previous owners were able to transfer their old characters over. Their old characters retained clothing and designs but no weapons, vehicles or cash.

That was it. People that had months left on their subscription received nothing in return.

Lugosi
02.25.2014 , 10:40 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
I think Warhammer had one. I wasn't there for the shutdown and quit playing before the EA/Mythic Store though. I don't know details.
Bargain not with the darkness, in time it will take us all.
Arms of the Abyss
Ilith - Akhroma - Molybdenum