Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

There is a Maker. Korriban is Saved!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
There is a Maker. Korriban is Saved!

Beniboybling
02.22.2014 , 12:29 PM | #1
OK since that new episodes have in fact started airing in Germany I thought I'd check up on the whole Moriband issue. And lo and behold to my utter delight I discover this on Wookieepedia:
Spoiler
I put in in spoiler tags just in case, but if you've been following the Moriband fiasco its nothing we don't already know and far from major plot spoilers. But anyway, it refers to the planet as Korriban, not Moriband.

Until the episode airs we cannot be sure but I'd say Wikipedia at this point is the most legitimate source so far. And it seems more likely to me that Moriband was a placeholder to avoid spoilers or someting. I'm hoping this is legitimate.

The full list of episodes according to Wikipedia can be found here.

Wolfninjajedi
02.22.2014 , 12:41 PM | #2
Figured as much...and you were worried!
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Selenial
02.22.2014 , 01:05 PM | #3
Who called it? Sel Called it
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
Posted the prologue of fanfic Echoes.

Aurbere
02.22.2014 , 01:54 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Who called it? Sel Called it
I think you mean this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ6kOvO1SUE
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Beniboybling
02.22.2014 , 06:37 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Figured as much...and you were worried!
I was, Korriban is my favourite planet. The possibility of it being undermined or even replaced was horrific.

This is how I feel right now.

Beniboybling
02.22.2014 , 06:38 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Every time, I laugh every time.

Girdeux
02.23.2014 , 05:53 AM | #7
For starters the episode hasnt even aired yet. So im not even sure why you used something from wookiepedia to try and explain it. If the episode had aired then they still wouldnt be speculating on the Moriband name on the big star wars forums such as theforce.net. The latest piece of information is that the >english text given by lucasfilm< to the germans is that the planet IS named Moriband. There is no translation issue.

The Moriband/Korriban fiasco has not been resolved, March 7/8 is the date for german episode release depending on where you live in the world.. Please do some more research next time.

AlrikFassbauer
02.23.2014 , 08:11 AM | #8
Here in Germany no-one is sure when this Episode will come. Next Saturday ? The one after that ? We don't know yet.

Yesterday was an Senate Intrigue Episode, and before that it was that ... Episode starring Fives.

The web site hasnb't even updated since the first Episode (all 4 parts of it were glued together into 1 long Episode ... a similar thing happened yesterday to that Senate Intrigue Episode ...) http://clonewars.superrtl.de/
<S-key to victory> Because flying with s-foils is more fun.

We are the result of our experiences.

Beniboybling
02.23.2014 , 10:23 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Girdeux View Post
For starters the episode hasnt even aired yet. So im not even sure why you used something from wookiepedia to try and explain it. If the episode had aired then they still wouldnt be speculating on the Moriband name on the big star wars forums such as theforce.net. The latest piece of information is that the >english text given by lucasfilm< to the germans is that the planet IS named Moriband. There is no translation issue.

The Moriband/Korriban fiasco has not been resolved, March 7/8 is the date for german episode release depending on where you live in the world.. Please do some more research next time.
Before I do my research, I would request that you read the OP more thoroughly.

If you had you'll notice that the source is Wikipedia, not Wookieepedia and that I said this:

Until the episode airs we cannot be sure but I'd say Wikipedia at this point is the most legitimate source so far. And it seems more likely to me that Moriband was a placeholder to avoid spoilers or someting. I'm hoping this is legitimate.

I realise that you were probably quite excited to post this, but a hasty read leads to silly mistakes.

You might also be interested in this. It seems that word is spreading, not that that is important.

On top of that, recent press releases have only disclosed the summaries of episodes 109 - 116 and episodes 120 & 121. Yet Wikipedia has information on 117, 118, 119 as well. I highly doubt this information is fabricated, I've never had reason to doubt Wikipedia before. It seems more likely that new information has been revealed, which is not surprising considering full summaries of all the episodes are usually released at the beginning of each season.

On top of that "Sacrifice" previously read as Moriband, now Wikipedia is reading it as Korriban. So if this is false, they would have had to deliberately fabricated and falsify that part as well, as the information is readily available.

I realise that this is not 100% proof, but at the same time we have little reason to doubt its validity.

Beniboybling
02.23.2014 , 10:42 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
Here in Germany no-one is sure when this Episode will come. Next Saturday ? The one after that ? We don't know yet.

Yesterday was an Senate Intrigue Episode, and before that it was that ... Episode starring Fives.

The web site hasnb't even updated since the first Episode (all 4 parts of it were glued together into 1 long Episode ... a similar thing happened yesterday to that Senate Intrigue Episode ...) http://clonewars.superrtl.de/
Wait so they are airing the episodes in 4 part chunks? That could be cool...

And apparently your getting them March 1st. It also says the last two episodes are airing March 7th before Germany... but I'm not sure if that means we'll just get the entire series all at once. I expect we will.

P.S. On a scale of 1-10 how good are they so far!?