Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Concealment DPS PvE Guide

Transmet
04.03.2014 , 05:11 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Etrain View Post
Tyrans - you endanger the raid by not leaving the hitbox to drop Infernal. I can comfortably say that rolling out, using EP, and rolling back is much more beneficial for everyone.

Corruptor Zero - not a great fight for me because my computer doesn't handle it well but it seem obvious that if you roll out you'll have about a second before you can roll back in.

Calphayus - lol, wut? What boss are you playing. Distorted perception targets a random player(besides tanks?). It hits ranged more often because of ranged dps + healers. If you get it then you need to run out. If you've never gotten it then you're lucky I guess.

All of these scenarios allow the use of an EP/Cloak/HS/AB if you use AP around 45 instead of 30ish. I'm not sure why you're being so dismissive of my advice. I took great advice from you're opener, I'm sure you can learn a thing or to from me.
Aurum Gaming has been clearing this content since last October or whenever the day after 2.4 hit was. No one is being endangered by any of the strats used. If you can't drop an Inferno in a safe place and maintain your dps within the hitbox, I don't know what to tell you and be able to remain kind about it. This content has been such a joke for 6 months now that we've been trying to kill each other during encounters for most of that time to have fun.

EP is a detriment to damage in each scenario, except quite possibly, the Raptus one. Consult your local Torparse logs on each boss. The only other time i could see it really being good is on Brontes' fingers for that distant hit between phases when energy doesn't matter.

I'm being dismissive because your math doesn't work in cost efficiency, nor are your descriptions of each situation accurate ie. Tyrans. It isn't about not learning something from other people. If Ep was a dps gain for its cost, you'd be correct, but it isn't and you can see the evidence of that in the boss logs and in the abilities themselves. 25 energy for an ability that hits for less than a free one or one that is half its cost does not make for good dps. By all means use it, but you will consistently be scoring approx 2-300 less dps on each encounter that you do because of the sacrifice of solid AP use and energy cost efficiency.

It is primarily a PvP ability imo. You MIGHT use it twice per raid night in DF/DP as it stands. In NiM that might change. Like using it on Subteroths from distance.
NOIRE - Concealment Operative

SUOMY - Madness Assassin

Etrain
04.05.2014 , 10:31 AM | #22
Once again, you're not reading my point. I've never said, not once, to use EP in lieu of shiv, backstab, lacerate, or cd. Instead, I'm advising that, when all of these are on cooldown, it's advantageous to use EP granted AP is available.

This has never, ever, been a discussion of EP being more energy efficient compared to damage. Using all those abilities because of equal or greater damage for less energy is obvious. This has been, a one way mind you, lecture on what to use in that window when all abilities above are on cooldown.

Also, I do check logs since I picked the game back up about 3 months ago. If you would check the local boss logs on torparse you would see that I'm actually better at some of these fights than you. Additionally, most servers have at least 3 or 4 guilds that have been clearing 8/16 DF and DP for since Thanksgiving as well.

If you refuse to comprehend what I'm saying and continue your pretentious tirade touting my incompetence of energy/damage values while avoiding any constructive discussion regarding possible rotations alterations on a fight by fight basis than I have nothing to discuss and will no longer respond.
Relisse - Descension - The Bastion

Transmet
04.06.2014 , 12:54 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Etrain View Post
Once again, you're not reading my point. I've never said, not once, to use EP in lieu of shiv, backstab, lacerate, or cd. Instead, I'm advising that, when all of these are on cooldown, it's advantageous to use EP granted AP is available.

This has never, ever, been a discussion of EP being more energy efficient compared to damage. Using all those abilities because of equal or greater damage for less energy is obvious. This has been, a one way mind you, lecture on what to use in that window when all abilities above are on cooldown.

Also, I do check logs since I picked the game back up about 3 months ago. If you would check the local boss logs on torparse you would see that I'm actually better at some of these fights than you. Additionally, most servers have at least 3 or 4 guilds that have been clearing 8/16 DF and DP for since Thanksgiving as well.

If you refuse to comprehend what I'm saying and continue your pretentious tirade touting my incompetence of energy/damage values while avoiding any constructive discussion regarding possible rotations alterations on a fight by fight basis than I have nothing to discuss and will no longer respond.

whoa whoa whoa there, big shooter. no one is touting, tirading, or any other verb combo with the letter T. the point is really simply made:

#1 - using AP, which is a relatively long CD for EP, which is subpar damage even if it crits will never be worth it over HS with a non-crit/AB combo. you need the AP to recover form the 3rd HS or you will be starved out in a matter of ten seconds or so. that's it. it will always be less damage. there is no exception to this.

#2 - are you sure you want to get personal on torparse? because you don't 'beat' me in a single fight on it. nor is that the point. i wasn't talking about personal logs. i was talking about the logs in HM in our given class. i don't always upload because no one gives a **** about HM. from what i see, you have a higher number than me on tyrans, but do you actually think, considering the rest of my numbers in this tier, that i haven't broken 3500? especially on this fight where i actually stay in on infernos because i can place them and still dps whereas you don't as you've stated. really? O_O ** i highly recommend staying in for infernos and finding a sweet spot to continue dps....i believe in you

SUOMY - Madness Assassin

GEWill
04.08.2014 , 05:59 PM | #24
I have to agree with Noire on this one. Personally I find the time it takes (be it miniscule) to crouch and then apply EP to be wasteful when you could be attacking and regaining energy with RS. The only time I use EP is.....come to think of it the only time I can recall using EP is during Gate Commander Draxus on the adds when I am about to close on them. Otherwise EP really isn't worth the energy spent and time DPS loss to apply.

Transmet
04.10.2014 , 04:47 PM | #25
My time with this game is ending. I've appreciated the fun.

For future reference of PvE for this excellent class, I would refer you to great players like Kesmet (#1 Dragonslayer lol), Philosoraptor, Raulos, et al.

Enjoy

SUOMY - Madness Assassin

Saenth
04.19.2014 , 01:58 PM | #26
As an addendum, I'd like to refer people to a sample dummy parse I recorded (Link). Since I clicked it, it includes everything you need to know to do a good concealment parse minus proper hidden strike timing which is nicely explained in Noire's guide.

My video follows the majority of the principles outlined in the guide. The only thing missing is that if I were a faster clicker or uesd keybinds, energy management would be tighter.
The Tazim Legacy
Ametha | RaulÝs | Erue
Zorz - The Harbinger (US) | ]The Ex-Dalborran Elitists - The Harbinger (APAC)

Larsenex
04.23.2014 , 03:26 PM | #27
In this guide I am not quite understanding what is ment here....

"As you can see Shiv needs to be used every 3 GCDS. Backstab needs to be used every 6 GCDS."

I understand he is talking 'global cool downs' so will someone please explain a bit of the verbage here?

I notice they talk about apm or actions per minute. I currently think of myself as a 'meh' dpser but I can get my hot streaks. I would like to graduate to a 'good' dps'er. Any advice is welcome. I am still gearing up and will move from lethality to conceal for Ops/hard modes.
Corbindallas Agent of the Empire
VERMIN (spreading filth and disease in the Galaxy for ages!)

"Go for the Eyes Boo!"

Prototypemind
04.30.2014 , 01:13 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Larsenex View Post
In this guide I am not quite understanding what is ment here....

"As you can see Shiv needs to be used every 3 GCDS. Backstab needs to be used every 6 GCDS."

I understand he is talking 'global cool downs' so will someone please explain a bit of the verbage here?

I notice they talk about apm or actions per minute. I currently think of myself as a 'meh' dpser but I can get my hot streaks. I would like to graduate to a 'good' dps'er. Any advice is welcome. I am still gearing up and will move from lethality to conceal for Ops/hard modes.
Read the section above the notes you quote, that's exactly what's happening. Shiv is used every three GCDs, backstab every six. Follow the rotation listed. One thing that may help is to turn on the attack timer in your preferences so that you can see to the hundredth of a second when abilities are coming off of cooldown. You can also change how long you can precast an attack, so that in case latency gets in your way, that attack is still queued up and ready to go off.