Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Best Tanking Implants and Relics for Shadow Tank.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Best Tanking Implants and Relics for Shadow Tank.

drpfsu's Avatar


drpfsu
02.21.2014 , 07:29 PM | #1
I was wondering what everyone's thoughts were for on what the best implant and earpiece would be for a shadow tank with underworld level gear.

Deluxe_'s Avatar


Deluxe_
02.21.2014 , 08:58 PM | #2
You can't go wrong with crafted Veracity implants and ear:

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/gear/500...stance-implant
http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/gear/500...istance-module

Mitigation stats-wise, only DF implants/ear are better than these (and just barely).

Eatdamuffin's Avatar


Eatdamuffin
02.22.2014 , 12:45 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by drpfsu View Post
I was wondering what everyone's thoughts were for on what the best implant and earpiece would be for a shadow tank with underworld level gear.
You want to get the PVP relics, including eventually, ranked warzone comms relics as they are BiS until DF/DP HM relics.

Buy the normal warzone comms relics specifically these two...

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/gear/489...tunate-redoubt
http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/gear/524...active-warding

Then you need to get to Valor Rank 40, and get 2600 ranked warzone comms to get them. The two will be the upgraded versions of the one's I just linked.

fire-breath's Avatar


fire-breath
02.24.2014 , 01:01 AM | #4
This is the case for any class

Implants
If you dont have aggro issues go for veracity. Else try to get the uw enhancements since those are only slightly worse than veracity but offer a ******** more mainstat and endurence.

Relics
Atm the general consensus is to use the bugged arkanian relic (the one wich gives you an absorbshield each 40 seconds) and the defense proccie. Sry, keep forgetting names.

If want to be less often spiky you could replace the ark relic with thr absorb proc or shield+absorb clicky. With those relics you will less often spike high on fights like tyrans and raptus.
Progression raiding toons on the big RED
Zal'ssesse - Engi Sniper Macewindy - Sab Slinger

PugsloveHP - the 60k HP commando DPS/healer

tofukiller_'s Avatar


tofukiller_
02.24.2014 , 01:27 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by fire-breath View Post
This is the case for any class

Implants
If you dont have aggro issues go for veracity. Else try to get the uw enhancements since those are only slightly worse than veracity but offer a ******** more mainstat and endurence.

Relics
Atm the general consensus is to use the bugged arkanian relic (the one wich gives you an absorbshield each 40 seconds) and the defense proccie. Sry, keep forgetting names.

If want to be less often spiky you could replace the ark relic with thr absorb proc or shield+absorb clicky. With those relics you will less often spike high on fights like tyrans and raptus.
I really recommend the veracity pieces as implants and earpiece, the amount of mitigation stats on them is outstanding.

As for the relics, "fortunate redoubt" is the defense proc, "reactive warding" the flat damage shield. I got the pvp variants on both of my tanks before I went to clear dread fortress and dread palace to get the pve ones.

slafko's Avatar


slafko
02.24.2014 , 01:47 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by drpfsu View Post
I was wondering what everyone's thoughts were for on what the best implant and earpiece would be for a shadow tank with underworld level gear.
You're perfectly fine using UW relics. There is absolutely no need to grind that boring pvp in order to get marginally better relics. Go for DP and keep your fingers crossed your rolls are good enough to win the DF relics.
I see their R2 droid and I grab it. No, you can't have it back, silly rabbit!

Kadjunga's Avatar


Kadjunga
02.26.2014 , 07:14 AM | #7
Veracity implants / earpiece have equal amount of mitigation as do the dread forged implants / earpiece. Those are by far the best in slot until you can get the drops.

Downgrading to underworld or even oriconian is a bad idea.

Going from veracity -> underworld will reduce your total pool by 100 points
Going from veracity -> oriconian will reduce your total pool by 60-70.

the only expection is the oriconian mk2 implants / earpiece you get from raid drops. Those have just slightly less mitigation than the dread forged.

Now consider this...

A min-maxed tank in underworld gear has only 100 more points than a min-maxed tank in arkanian gear. So a difference of 100 is more or less a difference of a FULL gearing upgrade.

So the question is... do you want to have more health for epeen, or do you want to survive better?


As for relics.

Underworld or arkanian relics are fine, but the pvp obroan ones are almost equal to dread forged relics + easy to get. If you don't like pvp, stick with uw / arkanian.

Bilirubin's Avatar


Bilirubin
04.09.2014 , 04:29 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Kadjunga View Post
Veracity implants / earpiece have equal amount of mitigation as do the dread forged implants / earpiece. Those are by far the best in slot until you can get the drops.

Downgrading to underworld or even oriconian is a bad idea.

Going from veracity -> underworld will reduce your total pool by 100 points
Going from veracity -> oriconian will reduce your total pool by 60-70.

the only expection is the oriconian mk2 implants / earpiece you get from raid drops. Those have just slightly less mitigation than the dread forged.

Now consider this...

A min-maxed tank in underworld gear has only 100 more points than a min-maxed tank in arkanian gear. So a difference of 100 is more or less a difference of a FULL gearing upgrade.

So the question is... do you want to have more health for epeen, or do you want to survive better?


As for relics.

Underworld or arkanian relics are fine, but the pvp obroan ones are almost equal to dread forged relics + easy to get. If you don't like pvp, stick with uw / arkanian.
Since I have been asked to do harder ops I have been looking into the mitigation stats more. I hadn't heard of these crafted pieces (was away from the game for a while) and I am blown away by what I will be gaining. I am currently equipped with a verpine dualist (+63 abs) and underworld survivor's (+79 shield, +88 abs). By stepping "down" to veracity I will be upgrading to +105 shield and +98 def. That is a whole lot more mitigation.

OTOH I am tempted to stick with the Underworld for the End boost, but will discuss it with my raid group/healers to see what they would prefer

EDIT: using the calculation I got from elsewhere (which cites KBN as its source) 1 pt mitigation = 25 End. So the extra mitigation I get from the Veracity over the UW would equate to 900 end whereas I think I would only lose less than 100. Wow.
Cyannin Level 55 Shadow | Rubinin Level 50 Gunslinger | Mikuri Level 55 Sentinel | Vertatin Level 47 Commando | PURgE
Scartina Level 17 Marauder
The Bastion

KeyboardNinja's Avatar


KeyboardNinja
04.09.2014 , 05:15 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Bilirubin View Post
EDIT: using the calculation I got from elsewhere (which cites KBN as its source) 1 pt mitigation = 25 End. So the extra mitigation I get from the Veracity over the UW would equate to 900 end whereas I think I would only lose less than 100. Wow.
I think the actual source there is dipstik.
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Streaming Dilettante on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (retired sentinel) Nimri (ruffian scoundrel)
Averith (marksman sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (vengeance jugg) Effek (pyro pt)

Bilirubin's Avatar


Bilirubin
04.09.2014 , 07:06 PM | #10
Apologies to dipstik.

I assume this is still an accurate measure though? Because I'm about to go broke another time rebalancing

Edit: well, that is an interesting difference, even just soloing. I was already clearing HM content but this will help considerably, thanks all! What other bits of common knowledge am I missing I now wonder?
Cyannin Level 55 Shadow | Rubinin Level 50 Gunslinger | Mikuri Level 55 Sentinel | Vertatin Level 47 Commando | PURgE
Scartina Level 17 Marauder
The Bastion