Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Patch 2.7

TheCourier-
02.21.2014 , 03:57 PM | #1
Well, patch 2.7 looks like the worst patch in the history of SWTOR. Snipers will be invincible (literally invincible), and smash is getting gutted. So WZs will be full of snipers sitting back with merc healers clustered within 5 meters of each other, with no AOE to kill them, and both are ridiculously tanky.

Seriously, put SWTOR's spec buffs and nerfs at patch 2.4, and LEAVE IT. Every class had at least 1 viable spec, no spec was ridiculous, and every class had at least 2 PVE specs.

SOULCASTER
02.21.2014 , 04:03 PM | #2
Personally, I like all of the changes they have posted temporarily for 2.7. While I don't play it, I think they went a little to hard nerfing smash. But I'm not against it.

For the first time ever, I like the direction that the devs are going with their updates.

Only the actual final patch and extensive play time will tell if it is bad or good. But since I play 13x level 55s in PvP I like almost all of their changes and agree with almost all of them. Solid work so far Dev Team. Very excited to have the dev's actually giving attention to the classes and PvP.
Prophecy of the Five
www.WeaponsOfWarGuild.enjin.com
(5x) Season 1 All-Star Season 2 All-Star Season 3 Furious All-Star

JaingSkiratapwns
02.21.2014 , 04:05 PM | #3
With operative getting its knockdown removed, I don't see the point of sniper's evasion buff. And the smash nerf was a tad overkill, especially since that makes marauder practically useless (aside from carnage, which is pretty easy to shut out imo).

WrykilX
02.21.2014 , 04:07 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by TheCourier- View Post
Well, patch 2.7 looks like the worst patch in the history of SWTOR. Snipers will be invincible (literally invincible), and smash is getting gutted. So WZs will be full of snipers sitting back with merc healers clustered within 5 meters of each other, with no AOE to kill them, and both are ridiculously tanky.

Seriously, put SWTOR's spec buffs and nerfs at patch 2.4, and LEAVE IT. Every class had at least 1 viable spec, no spec was ridiculous, and every class had at least 2 PVE specs.
LOL "smash will be gutted" ...

No, they will be a single target spec and will still be viable that way. Put on your big boy pants. It'll be okay.

I like the changes aswell minus the tech immunity on evasion for snipers and the entrench duration no longer fading when we leave cover. If they lowered the duration on Entrench, it would be more balanced.

JaingSkiratapwns
02.21.2014 , 04:10 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by WrykilX View Post
LOL "smash will be gutted" ...

No, they will be a single target spec and will still be viable that way. Put on your big boy pants. It'll be okay.

I like the changes aswell minus the tech immunity on evasion for snipers and the entrench duration no longer fading when we leave cover. If they lowered the duration on Entrench, it would be more balanced.
Why would you play smash over any other single target spec though? Its got a big hit, then fluff until smash is back.

AngusFTW
02.21.2014 , 04:11 PM | #6
Meh its no 1.4... I like most of the changes except sniper ones tbh I think a well played one will be 2strong
Tomb of Freedon Nadd
55s.
Bleezar, Bleezár. Bleezlórd. Bleezard. Bleezford, Bleeznaut, Bleezfatt,
Lowbies
Bleezbian, Bleezguard, Bleezdian

vid
twitch

WrykilX
02.21.2014 , 04:17 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by JaingSkiratapwns View Post
Why would you play smash over any other single target spec though? Its got a big hit, then fluff until smash is back.
Your heavy hitter will be still be on a similar cooldown like all other single target dps classes ...

Of all the rebalancing, the smasher whines are just priceless.

You guys seriously didn't think an ability that autocrits, has a crit damage bonus increase, is undefendable, can be stacked via power due to autocrit, is one of the hardest hitting yellow abilities in the game ... and on top of all that ... IT'S AE ... would somehow not get tweaked?

Really?

Really?

JaingSkiratapwns
02.21.2014 , 04:30 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by WrykilX View Post
Your heavy hitter will be still be on a similar cooldown like all other single target dps classes ...

Of all the rebalancing, the smasher whines are just priceless.

You guys seriously didn't think an ability that autocrits, has a crit damage bonus increase, is undefendable, can be stacked via power due to autocrit, is one of the hardest hitting yellow abilities in the game ... and on top of all that ... IT'S AE ... would somehow not get tweaked?

Really?

Really?
I don't play smash, and I've never had a problem dealing with them.

General_Aldo
02.21.2014 , 04:31 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by TheCourier- View Post

With merc healers? Really?

I personally hate seeing commando/merc healers on my team in warzones. Since 90% don't have a clue on what to do and can't even break 1k hps. It's funny how people are claiming merc/commando healer is strong now, yet the "buff" did little and was a slap in the face. op/scoundrel is still best healer in pvp. Not commando/merc
Bornsteller - Combat Medic
Lęvi - Carnage Marauder
King of Pugs Legacy

JaingSkiratapwns
02.21.2014 , 04:33 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by General_Aldo View Post
With merc healers? Really?

I personally hate seeing commando/merc healers on my team in warzones. Since 90% don't have a clue on what to do and can't even break 1k hps. It's funny how people are claiming merc/commando healer is strong now, yet the "buff" did little and was a slap in the face. op/scoundrel is still best healer in pvp. Not commando/merc
I've had merc/mando healers pull over 2k HPS. The good ones are good. Its just like every class in this game, the bads are terrible. And operative has been king of healing since 2.0.