Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is Noxxic really that bad ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Is Noxxic really that bad ?

AlrikFassbauer
02.23.2014 , 08:23 AM | #11
I never knew about Noxxic until someone told me about it.

I still prefer to think everything through on my own.
My slight Dyscalculia hinders me a bit, though, since everything is very math-heavy.
Quote: Originally Posted by Surbatu View Post
When everybody plays one class = perfect balance. Right? Problem solved.

g_land
02.24.2014 , 11:21 AM | #12
Noxxic makes me cry, the number of PVE talent trees that take PVP skills and vice versa. Their stat reccomendations have remained the same 25% crit and 70% surge since 2.0 came out. They are only reasonable now because at dread forged level gear, those numbers are actually attainable without loosing out on your power, accuracy, and alacrity(if you play a class that benefits from this). Though on a quick glance it looks like they fixed some of the specs that I remember being egregiously in error. Still, read the guides on the forums; they are the best as they have been tested and theorycrafted, you can see why someone chose one option over another rather than just being given a cookie cutter with no backup information.

Exiles of the Jedi

AlrikFassbauer
02.25.2014 , 04:09 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by g_land View Post
Noxxic makes me cry, the number of PVE talent trees that take PVP skills and vice versa.
No Newbie is able to tell what of the trees is for PvE and what for PvP - and there is - as far as I know - no guide telling Newbies that information, either.

Did you know it when you were fresh into the game ? As an level 1 or level 2, maybe ?
Quote: Originally Posted by Surbatu View Post
When everybody plays one class = perfect balance. Right? Problem solved.

g_land
02.25.2014 , 03:57 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
No Newbie is able to tell what of the trees is for PvE and what for PvP - and there is - as far as I know - no guide telling Newbies that information, either.

Did you know it when you were fresh into the game ? As an level 1 or level 2, maybe ?
Noxxic portrays itself as an endgame beginners guide provider, not as a leveling guide. The best leveling specs emphasize more aoe damage to deal with groups of mobs quickly which none of their guides do. I would hope that after having leveled their characters to 55, players would learn what helps in both aspects of the game. By the way, noxxic doesn't actually differentiate between these; just has a set talent tree for "PVE" and one for "PVP." At best it holds onto skills that you might pick up while leveling and leaves them in the talent builds rather than doing anything else, but everything else on the site holds to endgame advice. So... long story short, your objection to my statement reads more into the site than it actually provides.

Exiles of the Jedi