Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Representative Kickoff and Schedule!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Class Representative Kickoff and Schedule!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
02.21.2014 , 03:08 PM | #11 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Andrew_Past View Post
So, I have a question. Before, mirror ACs were split up between two different dates. As you have it presented for this round of questions, it looks like either the two class reps between mirrors have to collaborate to submit questions, or the mirror reps are submitting 3 questions each at the same time. Could you please clarify?
Good question! If you recall in the old schedule I had the full list of classes across both mirrors. We actually stopped the Class Rep system halfway through. What this list is, is the remaining folks who had not actually yet posed questions.

Example, Sentinels had submitted questions in the last round. This time around it will be the Marauder leader submitting questions. To simplify it (although maybe I made it more complex) I listed both sides of the mirror.

Hope that clears it up!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

cycao
02.21.2014 , 03:14 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Good question! If you recall in the old schedule I had the full list of classes across both mirrors. We actually stopped the Class Rep system halfway through. What this list is, is the remaining folks who had not actually yet posed questions.

Example, Sentinels had submitted questions in the last round. This time around it will be the Marauder leader submitting questions. To simplify it (although maybe I made it more complex) I listed both sides of the mirror.

Hope that clears it up!

-eric
Didn't you also say that when you stopped the questions after the first wave of 8 classes submitted their questions that the next round would be based off of which classes received changes after 2.4? How did you decide which classes would get the first shot at submitting new questions?

AdrianDmitruk
02.26.2014 , 06:35 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

Hope that clears it up!

-eric
Unfortunately this kind of Convoluted Dev Logic created a situation like this:

Bioware: We're introducing Class Rep Q&A! Be sure to vote for your Class Reps!

Nibbon: Hey look I'm a top raider! Vote me for all your PVE questions! *Nibbon wins*
Psirebal: Hey look I'm one of the top PVP sorcs! Vote me for all your PVP questions! *Psirebal wins*

Bioware: Awesome, sorcs go first!

Psirebal: So we go squish as our escapability erodes with buffs to other classes, are constantly interrupted to the point we can never get a cast off, and have to kill ourselves to get resource back, what's up with that?

Bioware: You must learn to play defensively, LOS, H2F, and make them pay for trying to kill you; the skill cap of the sorcerer class may be higher than what some players are comfortable with

Community: LOL H2F

Bioware: Umm...maybe we should postpone the whole class rep thing until H2F dies down...

*Season 1 drops with none of the feedback from sorcs regarding balance actually acted upon. Presumably BW metrics show that maybe the sorcs had a point, because eventually we get yellow requests for feedback and an attempted buff here and there. For example, hey let's buff madness by nerfing corruption at the same time seeing as corruption is the only cleanse for madness anyway. To make it even worse let's make the uncleansable dot indistinguishable from another sorc's cleansable dot unless you have the time to hover over and read the debuff tooltip in PVP, which never happens. A few madness sorcs manage to do well, but no one even tries to corruption heal in ranked arenas anymore, and apparently ranked sorc heal metrics start giving you guys division by zero errors or something because points 22-35 in corruption tree are STILL nigh useless for PVP even after 2.7 changes.*

Bioware: Hey look we're finally going to finish out our Class Rep program!

Sorcs: Um does this mean we get to mulligan our class rep questions and get a non-H2F response? Maybe try to get some of corruption's PVP issues addressed as it's the spec that will be least affected by 2.7 while buffs to mercs leave us unquestionably the bottom of the heap? Oh wait, Nibbon was the PVE guy...nevermind.

*The few remaining sorc healers in arenas respec DPS as the last remaining reason to even bother with corruption, Fadeout, is made accessible to all (which DPS needed...but corruption did not get its issues properly addressed).*
Adrian-Defense Guardian | Kerrik-Vigilance Guardian | Matari-Scoundrel Healer | Treston-Pyromaniac Vanguard | Eamen-Sage Healer
Kendrew-Op Healer | Andreus-Sorc Healer | Matarion-Juggernaut Smasher
The Makaryk Legacy of Healing to Full - Begeren Colony
The Heal to Full and Make Them Pay Show

MidichIorian
02.26.2014 , 03:46 PM | #14
I like how the two classes people currently are complaining the most about, sorcs and operatives (dps specifically), have to wait the longest. Wouldnt it be better to start with those so you have more time to actually fix them?

odonoghuet
03.23.2014 , 04:36 PM | #15
Smells like this is not about fixing for balance updates but guidance on what to add for 56-60.
Laugh and the universe laughs with you, cry and you're on the path to the dark side.