Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Representative Kickoff and Schedule!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Class Representative Kickoff and Schedule!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
02.20.2014 , 10:05 AM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

It is time to fully kickoff the Class Representative Initiative again. In case you weren't around last time we ran it, here is how it works... The elected representative for the specified set of AC mirrors will work in their class forum to establish a set of top 3 issues, in the form of questions. Once submitted, (which happens based on the schedule below) I will work with the combat team to get you answers to your top 3 issues within a week or so. That is the basic rundown of how it works.

One change that we are making this time is the submission schedule. We will be doing one Advanced Class, every other week. I realize this will mean some classes will not get to submit their top 3 for quite some time, but we want to ensure that the Combat team can concentrate on each set of top 3 as they come in, along with their normal workflow. Please note that it will be our goal to increase our regular communication around classes in general.

Here is the schedule (I will be in touch with the Class Reps on the specifics or work to fill the role if there isn't one currently):
  • Marauder / Sentinel - February 28th
  • Powertech / Vanguard - March 14th
  • Mercenary / Commando - March 28th
  • Juggernaut / Guardian April 11th
  • Assassin / Shadow - April 25th
  • Sorcerer / Sage - May 9th
  • Operative / Scoundrel - May 23rd
  • Sniper / Gunslinger - June 6th

Thanks everyone!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Rasen
02.20.2014 , 10:26 AM | #2
Thanks for the info. Let's hope the questions are good this time.

And cue the QQ!

ialyxxiieee
02.20.2014 , 10:34 AM | #3
Great, Another 4 months of waiting.
Prosperity Makes Monsters,Adversity Makes Men
Vesanne 55 Kinetic Combat55 Balance
"That was close, I almost surrendered completely to peace and pacifism, How repundant" - HK47

dinwitt
02.20.2014 , 10:39 AM | #4
That's certainly one way to go about avoiding orbital/flyby questions. Maybe you'll have a decent answer by June.

AMightyKnight
02.20.2014 , 11:06 AM | #5
How about doing something about those things you promised to take a look at the last time around?
Like a Merc ammo display for Mandos maybe? It has been an issue since launch!! Or anything about Gunnery/Arsenal PvP viability or ammo issues? Nothing has changed since you screwed up ammo management with 2.0 and there arent any changes planned for 2.7 by the looks of it.
This sucks. We dont need another cycle of questions since you didnt bother to address the issues raised in the first round.
Benaiah Abihail Ahdino
Gladio vivere, fusil perire!
Equilibrium ~ T3M4 ~ Referral Link ~

venomlash
02.20.2014 , 12:23 PM | #6
Nerf operatives!

Technohic
02.20.2014 , 12:24 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by venomlash View Post
Nerf operatives!
The let them ask questions 2 months later.
Technohic - Sniper | Techno-Hic - Gunslinger | Cihonhcet - Scoundrel
Karnrage - Assassin | Egarnrak - Sage
Techen - Merc | Nehcet - Vanguard | Carnrage - Marauder | Egarnrac - Guardian
POT5

Andrew_Past
02.20.2014 , 12:31 PM | #8
So, I have a question. Before, mirror ACs were split up between two different dates. As you have it presented for this round of questions, it looks like either the two class reps between mirrors have to collaborate to submit questions, or the mirror reps are submitting 3 questions each at the same time. Could you please clarify?
And'rew - Guardian || And'ria - Sentinel || Praeteria - Juggernaut
The Past Legacy || POT5, Fatman Native
First Guardian Representative
AndrewPast - Twitch

Uber_the_Goober
02.21.2014 , 12:10 PM | #9
Hey that's great. By the time you get to the classes I care about, I'll be playing a different game.

Seriously...you can't do this with a 5 month time frame. You just can't. It's not worth anything at that point. Too much of the game will be changing with balance updates - the questions will change by the time they get asked...

Just scrap it if there aren't enough resources.
POT5 COMMANDO - CAPTAIN OBV'IOUS
SENTINEL - PICKLE'JAR

AMONG OTHERS...
See you in the warzones, muppets.

Kain_Turinbar
02.21.2014 , 03:00 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
Hey that's great. By the time you get to the classes I care about, I'll be playing a different game.

Seriously...you can't do this with a 5 month time frame. You just can't. It's not worth anything at that point. Too much of the game will be changing with balance updates - the questions will change by the time they get asked...

Just scrap it if there aren't enough resources.
As an outside observer this makes it appear to me that they likely have an extremely limited staff at this point. If not then I can't imagine a decent excuse for this.