Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

First time tanking.

Gobgrot
03.26.2014 , 11:19 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Master_Hitsugaya View Post
Tank and healer tend to get blamed when ever there is a problem while dps almost never get blamed( dps just along for the ride)
And this is why there is a shortage of tanks. Dumb *** dps that have no clue they are doing, cause problems for the group (specifically the tank) and then blame/harass the tanks/healers for the wipe.

Gobgrot
03.26.2014 , 11:28 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by jaytdasme View Post
3. Make sure the healer isn't getting hit. U should be the only one getting hit if done properly, but holding aggro can be tough at time so in the very least make sure you don't have pressure on the healer.
While I agree with everything else you said, this game is a bit different. Since a lot of pulls have ranged mobs spread out it can be very difficult for some tank classes to grab and hold all the mobs at once. This game if the tank can grab and hold the big mobs he is doing a good job. What a lot of dps dont seem to realize is their job is also a bit different in this game compared to other mmos. The dps need to kill all the low hit point mobs first, there by keeping them off the healer. Almost every group Ive been with at least 1 of the dps dont do this. They either target whatever mob they feel like or attack the ones being tanked. If a mob is on the tank and theres other mobs that arent, always dps the low level ones not on the tank first. If your tank isnt grabbing the big mobs tell him/her.

Dak_fireraker
03.27.2014 , 09:15 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
Thank you, this is what I wanted to know.

Besides, I'm used to a much different forums culture, where no "thread necroing" exists.
People just add there questions fitting to what has been discussed in a thread to that thread, that's all.
You're welcome, Glad I was able help.

Also, Although some get annoyed with old articles getting recycled. There is honestly nothing wrong with it. As long as the Questions, Comments & Tips that are being added to said article are constructive & relevant. Adding to an old article allows the forums to be more useful by being less cluttered so information is easier to find.

Which after all is the primary purpose of a forum.
Darkside Star Wars Battlefront Jung Ma server
Solstar LVL 55 Assassin; Robotripper ; Marauder-Smurf - Mara; Mjr'Mindcrime - Operative; Solstie - Sorc
Solqitta LVL 55 Commando; Solahmar ; Kularima - Knight; Lanarima - Smuggler

Jedi_riches
03.28.2014 , 03:39 AM | #44
This is why I won't group with some of my characters, as a whole I play DPS trees, as it's so much simplier and less rules to follow (i.e kill order, pick up adds and don't jump in too fast to let the tank get early aggro). As a DPS I will play all heroics (if possible) and all flashpoints.

On some of my chracters, mainly the Jedi Guardian and sith equivalent I have chosen the tanking tree just for the pure reason of wanting to run with certain DPS companions (vette and Kira) to make life easier for myself. but I have not grouped for anything with these as I don't feel comfertable being a tank for real people, particularly as I dont study all of the 'mechanics' of bosses.

It's the same as I don't run healing classes as I think both Tanking and Healing are thankless tasks and are the first to take the blame when somethng goes wrong.