Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ranked Season 1 PvP Rewards

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Ranked Season 1 PvP Rewards

Kain_Turinbar
02.19.2014 , 02:07 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Essence_of_Light View Post
True it'll be different, but most likely, not by much. They'll probably change the color and add on (or remove) a few small things to make it look good.
My guess would be just plain ol' run of the mill rancors in maybe a few colors. One with armor plates and all would still clearly stand out from the pack.

HuntsmanBaener
02.19.2014 , 02:09 PM | #22
The funny thing is, no matter how much they try to say "win traders will be caught", it will be RAMPANT. it will be like speeding 10 mph over is on highways, illegal but since everyone does it there is no enforcement unless you flaunt it right in their face. Every single PvE and casual is going to want that Rancor mount, and since it's highest earned once you get 1500 you can turn around and help your buddy. BW will not ban the ENTIRE active community, which is just about the scope this Rancor mount grind (which it has now become) will reach.

And no I am not saying this is a good thing or advocating doing it, I earned my rank the hard way. I hope they do mass rating resets to punish the masses like they said they would, but I know they won't. I can bet 110% though, this is what it will become. 1500 is just way too low, that is what, 20 games from base rating? It's just way too easy to get to and people will see that. If it was higher you would see win traders smashing into each other late at night or whenever they try to game it and it would be a good thing. This is a very foolish move and there is practically no foresight at all on where it will go.

I can see the arguments though. Some servers ranked is dead. A rank earned on one server means nothing on another server, different conditions, etc. I hope they can get cross server working because right now this thing is a just a sham.

Luckyluzi
02.19.2014 , 02:38 PM | #23
i played solo ranked 2 times at the release of leaderboards and thats enough for rank1 rewards...
- Galactics @ ToFN -
Tourian/Schatten Naid/Frontkämpfer
Corm/Hüter Raito/Revolverheld
- Caldera Vermächtnis -

Zoom_VI
02.19.2014 , 02:53 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by HuntsmanBaener View Post
...punish the masses .....
Is the worst business strategy I have ever heard. Your whole post reeks of entitlement and elitism. You sound like your angry that getting top rank didn't get you exclusive stuffs.
Crinn
Trooper Hunter

Vanguard | Commando | Powertech | Mercenary
Quote: Originally Posted by Wittyavenger View Post
You sure you didn't tab target satan by accident, leaped straight to hell?

MidichIorian
02.19.2014 , 02:57 PM | #25
I collect pets and mounts but hate Arena. The 1500 rating is low enough for me to suffer through a couple of games though.

Are they legacy or character bound? I'm collecting on sage but would rather play Arena on basically any other class.

Gamesux
02.19.2014 , 03:09 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by MidichIorian View Post
I collect pets and mounts but hate Arena. The 1500 rating is low enough for me to suffer through a couple of games though.

Are they legacy or character bound? I'm collecting on sage but would rather play Arena on basically any other class.
Most likely they're going to be character bound. I collect some pets but mostly toys and emotes and some mounts. A shame it's Arena specific. I barely do them since I don't like Arena whatsoever either.

Sangrar
02.19.2014 , 03:16 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by HuntsmanBaener View Post
The funny thing is, no matter how much they try to say "win traders will be caught", it will be RAMPANT. it will be like speeding 10 mph over is on highways, illegal but since everyone does it there is no enforcement unless you flaunt it right in their face. Every single PvE and casual is going to want that Rancor mount, and since it's highest earned once you get 1500 you can turn around and help your buddy. BW will not ban the ENTIRE active community, which is just about the scope this Rancor mount grind (which it has now become) will reach.

And no I am not saying this is a good thing or advocating doing it, I earned my rank the hard way. I hope they do mass rating resets to punish the masses like they said they would, but I know they won't. I can bet 110% though, this is what it will become. 1500 is just way too low, that is what, 20 games from base rating? It's just way too easy to get to and people will see that. If it was higher you would see win traders smashing into each other late at night or whenever they try to game it and it would be a good thing. This is a very foolish move and there is practically no foresight at all on where it will go.

I can see the arguments though. Some servers ranked is dead. A rank earned on one server means nothing on another server, different conditions, etc. I hope they can get cross server working because right now this thing is a just a sham.
dude, wow just wow. So everyone does win trading? I did not even hear about it til a thread last week and still don't know what it is. Also, based on the leaderboards, clearly not everyone has even done ranked and many of those who have done it do not have 1500 or over, so yeah, this win trading is not as common and you want it to appear and the whole everyone doing it argument falls horribly apart. Also, punish the masses? you think a gaming company will punish EVERYONE for what YOU think is common? I don't know if this is a troll honestly, I am not even sure what win trading is, but saying everyone does it and implying it at several points without a shred of evidence and saying we should all be punished for it is the worst idea anyone can ever come up with and would help no one.
[Bastion]Guildmaster<Galactic Saviors>-War Hero Spaceboomer-55 Commando/Captain Starforce-55 Scoundrel/Darth Caddar-55 Juggernaut/Lord Brakaras-32 Assassin/Master Teckan-38 Sage/Firefighter-27 Powertech/Nightprowler-13 Sniper
refferal link for returning players and free character transfer and free inventory slot

cycao
02.19.2014 , 03:25 PM | #28
All I know is that it's funny seeing people flip out over this rancor mount.

Sangrar
02.19.2014 , 03:26 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
All I know is that it's funny seeing people flip out over this rancor mount.
that's because it is the most awesome thing to happen to this game ever in the history of star wars games.
[Bastion]Guildmaster<Galactic Saviors>-War Hero Spaceboomer-55 Commando/Captain Starforce-55 Scoundrel/Darth Caddar-55 Juggernaut/Lord Brakaras-32 Assassin/Master Teckan-38 Sage/Firefighter-27 Powertech/Nightprowler-13 Sniper
refferal link for returning players and free character transfer and free inventory slot

Lithy
02.19.2014 , 03:26 PM | #30
It's not liked ranked Q ever pop... so...yeah.
Lithium
Imperial Sniper

The Hartshotte Legacy
Tallianna, Gunslinger