Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Announcing End Season 1 Rewards

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Announcing End Season 1 Rewards
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lanzend
02.25.2014 , 12:38 AM | #321
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
I'd love people to show up just to die. Theoretically, it will increase the overall population in ranked and allow for the elo system to take effect. So those who show up just to die are matched with similarly skilled players. This will be a far more enjoyable experience for them and they may find that they actually enjoy arenas when the match is even. This would lead to them continuing to play and getting better.

And it all started because there was an awesome reward that they HAD to PvP to get.
^if you really look at it... This guy hit the nail right on the head.

Beltane
02.25.2014 , 01:20 AM | #322
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterSLC View Post
You misinterpreted him. The implication was that it only takes 2 days to get 1500 if you're good.
Lol, it's solo queue and I'm a tank. All the protection, taunting, guard swapping, and interrupting in the world isn't going to compensate for my teammates being utterly unable to focus down a target. Nice try though.

One good player is not going to make the team win... so no, being good is not going to guarantee you wins, i.e. 1500.
--=[ Wrath of Korriban
Ebon Hawk | Heavy Sith RP
IG: Beltane

MidichIorian
02.25.2014 , 03:23 AM | #323
Quote: Originally Posted by Beltane View Post
One good player is not going to make the team win... so no, being good is not going to guarantee you wins, i.e. 1500.
This. Yolo queue is more a matter of not having the weakest link and it's always lottery, which makes the gametype terribly boring.

I've played the hardcore playlist in numerous games and Arena in Swtor is by far the one playlist where carrying a team is the hardest. And that's without taking into account class balance, which makes it even more of a nightmare. If you for instance get three crappy sages and the other team is getting three maras it won't matter if those maras are the worst players in the world, they're still going to leap and do a good deal of damage on the sages (which at this point probably are stacked too). 5 seconds later and you're stuck in a 2 vs 4 situation. It's not a FPS, where one good player can kill the entire enemy team.

Then there's the statistical aspect of it. Let's say that you're a really good player, this will statistically decrease the chances of there being other good players on your team. Now, if you're a really good player on ranged you're probably going to get shut down fast. Not because the enemies know you are good but because you are playing sage or sniper. Now you'¨re in a scenario where the good player on your team, you, is taken out of action, while your incompetent team mates won't help you and probably not do any damage to the other team either. As a good player it's significally easier to survive the first encounter on for instance PT because the enemies will most likely go for someone els on your team. So while they do that you have a fair chance of burning someone down and even the odds.

Shaide
02.27.2014 , 04:29 PM | #324
Hey Eric,

I made a post in the pvp forums and might as well post in here. If a player achieve's Tier 1 1500+ rating would he also be rewarded with the other Tiers rewards as well? Mainly the title's and pet if they are different per tier

Sincerely,
Shaide

Henrik-Lindholdt
02.28.2014 , 06:15 AM | #325
One other ´thing - is the rewards to account or character?

cycao
02.28.2014 , 07:22 AM | #326
Quote: Originally Posted by Henrik-Lindholdt View Post
One other ´thing - is the rewards to account or character?
Character.

pollyfuse
02.28.2014 , 11:36 AM | #327
awsome! arena is so unbalanced with classes, bolster bug messing up the game and stunned to death by crafted grenades. glad the classes that are actually viable in arenas will get rewarded for all the crap programming but hey who needs an actually working game to play when they can just pump out cartel pack after cartel pack and never fix the game.

Jadescythe
02.28.2014 , 12:38 PM | #328
Quote: Originally Posted by pollyfuse View Post
awsome! arena is so unbalanced with classes, bolster bug messing up the game and stunned to death by crafted grenades. glad the classes that are actually viable in arenas will get rewarded for all the crap programming but hey who needs an actually working game to play when they can just pump out cartel pack after cartel pack and never fix the game.
Just a note, there isn't a single class that won't be represented at 1500 rating. Just because you haven't gotten there, doesn't mean it's not possible.
I have opinions and stuff

orryko
02.28.2014 , 01:15 PM | #329
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
Just a note, there isn't a single class that won't be represented at 1500 rating. Just because you haven't gotten there, doesn't mean it's not possible.
don't argue with the randos!! all the classes in solo and 4s that are over 1500 are a myth! a lie! bioware tomfoolery!

i can't get the rating, therefore, buff plz

JattaGin
03.04.2014 , 02:12 PM | #330
Well, I tried.

Since this thread started, I managed to get into one ranked solo game and zero team games (RP-PvE-server).

On Saturday during prime time, there were 5 players of my guild in the queue for solo ranked. After 2 hours waiting in vain, I gave up for good.

Nice idea and nice rewards for sure. Would have even been a challenge for me to get to 1.500. A pity that it's not happening on my server. Well, now I'm back to PvE.

I'm curious if there will be any rancor on my server at all. If so, then the player(s) definitely has something very rare in his/her possession.