Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Announcing End Season 1 Rewards

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Announcing End Season 1 Rewards
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jadescythe's Avatar


Jadescythe
02.24.2014 , 11:19 AM | #311
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
Counting posts in the forums means nothing. But let's say for the sake of argument you are correct. From my understanding, you can't just get the ranking required by going into a few WZs and dying.
Correct, you can't attain the required rating without working at it. One of the most discussed reasons for ranked failing was a lack of incentive. Having end of season rewards that players wanted, would encourage them to get involved for rewards in future seasons if nothing else. It was a huge step in the right direction to increase participation. And then a huge step back.
I have opinions and stuff

You could get free stuff with my referral link here

branmakmuffin's Avatar


branmakmuffin
02.24.2014 , 11:24 AM | #312
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
Correct, you can't attain the required rating without working at it. One of the most discussed reasons for ranked failing was a lack of incentive. Having end of season rewards that players wanted, would encourage them to get involved for rewards in future seasons if nothing else. It was a huge step in the right direction to increase participation. And then a huge step back.
If there was actually an increase in PvP because of the rancor, it would have died anyway once people realized "Hey, I can't get the rancor buy just showing up and dying." And really, if you're a "pro" PvPer, do you really want "show up just to die 'scrubs'" showing up, just to die?

Joesixxpack's Avatar


Joesixxpack
02.24.2014 , 11:45 AM | #313
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
If there was actually an increase in PvP because of the rancor, it would have died anyway once people realized "Hey, I can't get the rancor buy just showing up and dying." And really, if you're a "pro" PvPer, do you really want "show up just to die 'scrubs'" showing up, just to die?
Obvious assumption.

*by

" "

branmakmuffin's Avatar


branmakmuffin
02.24.2014 , 11:47 AM | #314
Quote: Originally Posted by Joesixxpack View Post
Obvious assumption.

*by

" "
If your "argument" is in any way based on typo pedantry, take a seat before you hurt yourself.

Joesixxpack's Avatar


Joesixxpack
02.24.2014 , 11:55 AM | #315
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
If your "argument" is in any way based on typo pedantry, take a seat before you hurt yourself.
Lol, you rip on assumptions and observations all day. Why so sore that one of your assumptions was questioned hmm?

branmakmuffin's Avatar


branmakmuffin
02.24.2014 , 11:56 AM | #316
Quote: Originally Posted by Joesixxpack View Post
Lol, you rip on assumptions and observations all day. Why so sore that one of your assumptions was questioned hmm?
Sore? You either give yourself way too much credit or you love jumping to conclusions.

Or both.

LOL

Beltane's Avatar


Beltane
02.24.2014 , 12:30 PM | #317
Quote: Originally Posted by Xelereth View Post
Getting 1500 rating only requires like 2 days to get anyways..
Nope.

I started grinding for ranked days ago and keep falling down to 1200.

I got up to 1400 three times, only to plummet back down the ranks with loss after loss.

The thing is, solo queue at least is based 100% off of randomness. You either get good team mates who can actually focus targets instead of slapping all of them at once uselessly and ignoring the healer, or you don't.

As it stands right now I have approximately 50/50 wins/losses out of 60 games, and am hovering at 1237. There's nothing fast or easy about this. It's frustrating and actually rather infuriating when you win a game and get +10 and then lose a game and lose -15, therefore undoing your progress by 150%.

It's a terrible system that doesn't prove who the best PVPers are. And I say this as someone who actually thinks the arenas are great fun and adores PVP. The rating system is archaic and the opposite of fun.

I'm going to keep working towards 1500 but as it stands right now I'm about 100% positive I'll never hit it.


And THAT is what makes the PVPers throwing a temper tantrum about this ridiculous. I would actually agree with you if it was based upon something that you had to put a ton of work into, like, say, 10,000 ranked comms. Something you could actually reliably earn. Something based purely on randomness that only 5% of the entire game has managed to achieve? NOPE.

Jadescythe's Avatar


Jadescythe
02.24.2014 , 12:32 PM | #318
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
If there was actually an increase in PvP because of the rancor, it would have died anyway once people realized "Hey, I can't get the rancor buy just showing up and dying." And really, if you're a "pro" PvPer, do you really want "show up just to die 'scrubs'" showing up, just to die?
I'd love people to show up just to die. Theoretically, it will increase the overall population in ranked and allow for the elo system to take effect. So those who show up just to die are matched with similarly skilled players. This will be a far more enjoyable experience for them and they may find that they actually enjoy arenas when the match is even. This would lead to them continuing to play and getting better.

And it all started because there was an awesome reward that they HAD to PvP to get.
I have opinions and stuff

You could get free stuff with my referral link here

JediMasterSLC's Avatar


JediMasterSLC
02.24.2014 , 08:50 PM | #319
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
I'd love people to show up just to die. Theoretically, it will increase the overall population in ranked and allow for the elo system to take effect. So those who show up just to die are matched with similarly skilled players. This will be a far more enjoyable experience for them and they may find that they actually enjoy arenas when the match is even. This would lead to them continuing to play and getting better.

And it all started because there was an awesome reward that they HAD to PvP to get.
You gotta admit, he's got a point.

JediMasterSLC's Avatar


JediMasterSLC
02.24.2014 , 08:52 PM | #320
Quote: Originally Posted by Beltane View Post
Nope.

I started grinding for ranked days ago and keep falling down to 1200.

I got up to 1400 three times, only to plummet back down the ranks with loss after loss.

The thing is, solo queue at least is based 100% off of randomness. You either get good team mates who can actually focus targets instead of slapping all of them at once uselessly and ignoring the healer, or you don't.

As it stands right now I have approximately 50/50 wins/losses out of 60 games, and am hovering at 1237. There's nothing fast or easy about this. It's frustrating and actually rather infuriating when you win a game and get +10 and then lose a game and lose -15, therefore undoing your progress by 150%.

It's a terrible system that doesn't prove who the best PVPers are. And I say this as someone who actually thinks the arenas are great fun and adores PVP. The rating system is archaic and the opposite of fun.

I'm going to keep working towards 1500 but as it stands right now I'm about 100% positive I'll never hit it.


And THAT is what makes the PVPers throwing a temper tantrum about this ridiculous. I would actually agree with you if it was based upon something that you had to put a ton of work into, like, say, 10,000 ranked comms. Something you could actually reliably earn. Something based purely on randomness that only 5% of the entire game has managed to achieve? NOPE.
You misinterpreted him. The implication was that it only takes 2 days to get 1500 if you're good.