Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Announcing End Season 1 Rewards

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Announcing End Season 1 Rewards
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TheSeventhJedi
02.19.2014 , 09:06 PM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by sithlorddrakorak View Post
whoever wrote this ur stupid tier 5 4 3 4 5 weres one and 2 lol
You might want to think really carefully before calling someone else stupid there, mate. Not to point fingers or anything, but, well - look what you just wrote.
Click for free things, please:

http://www.swtor.com/r/GlscnB

(It's a referral link - whether you're a new or returning member,
you'll get all sorts of goodies!)

Drezdonat
02.19.2014 , 09:12 PM | #122
For my opinion tier 2 should start from 1600+ rating, tier 1 from 2000+, which kind a make sence because the color of your rating changing at this numbers.

diadox
02.19.2014 , 09:29 PM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks!

First off, I am glad to see the excitement around the Rancor. I know I have been eager to show everyone what they could expect from our Season 1 rewards!

One of the things I have seen mentioned a few times on the forums since we announced the rewards is that 1500 is too low of a rating for Tier 1. I wanted to let you know that our rewards tiers are based 100% on data, according to the highest earned ratings of our Ranked players. Currently less than 5% of our entire Ranked playerbase is 1500 or above. So although the number may seem low, very few players across all servers have actually attained it!

All the more reason to hop on and work on getting that rank yourself

-eric
Just one ranked game is required for a player to find himself in the massive pool of people that is the reason 1500+ is less than 5%. When arenas first launched, thousands of people queued up a handful of times to try them out. Then they stopped queuing, never to try again.

Sorting the solo queue leaderboards by number of wins, almost half of the 505 pages contain people that won 0-1 games. 330 out of the 505 pages contain people that didn't even win 5 times. Games won are obviously not equal to games played, but it is the best method the leaderboard lets us use to determine games played.

The pool of characters used to determine where to place the 5% barrier is far too big, and not accurate in showing who is actually actively participating. Hell, if people had known beforehand how the tiers would be decided they could have queued once on all their alts and had their friends (pvp-interested or not) queue up with all theirs, and the tier one rewards would be at 1300+ rating. These unplayed characters would be as involved as most of those on the leaderboard anyway.

As it is now, three tiers are more or less participation prices, when only one should be.

If you want the bad*** stuff that everybody want (rancor) more reachable, fine. But what's the harm in adding more tiers, even if all they add are titles or such? The titles wouldn't be flashy like the rancor, but they would be more prestigious.

Sidenote: solo and team are different beasts. They should have different rewards.

TL;DR: The 5% target that is seemingly the aim for tier one shouldn't be based off of everyone on the leaderboard, as that pool of players is not an accurate representation of those who are actually actively involved with ranked pvp.
Rhuarc -- Rhu
The Red Eclipse

Chrisweaver
02.19.2014 , 09:44 PM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by shotokan_Ulic View Post
wow kinda freaked out when I saw Tier 1 was 1500, I don't understand why they even have Blue-Bronze-Silver-Gold rating, isn't that the way the tier rewards should be working?

all it takes is 10 wins to get 1500 and there's your Rancor.. GG..

Disappointing really.
Don't freak out its a mini game in a bigger game.
Bibidi -Sorcerer 60 Vgeta-Maurader 57
Chreal-Sniper 60 Gorrilla-Powertech 55
Bobidi-Assassin 60 Majin-B-Mercenary 60
Chrst "the risen"-Juggernaut 60 The Bastion Living Legend Manhunter

AshlaBoga
02.19.2014 , 11:43 PM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by diadox View Post
Just one ranked game is required for a player to find himself in the massive pool of people.
It's been a while since I was unranked on any of my 55s, but I thought it was it took 8 or 10 matches for you to get rating (might have to hop on a lowbie to check I guess).
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

AdrianDmitruk
02.20.2014 , 12:07 AM | #126
So after Season 1 started I queued up on my sorc Andreus but only ever got 7 ranked pops before the queue completely died on my server, forever for all I know. Officially I haven't been able to play enough games to calculate an ingame rating (due to the 10 game requirement), but the leaderboards force-calculate a rating where my 6-1 record puts me at 1367, solidly within Tier 2.

Will I still be able to claim the season rewards, or must I revisit the Eternal Queue and hope to get three more games in to "officially" get a rating calculated now that the rewards are announced?
Adrian-Defense Guardian | Kerrik-Vigilance Guardian | Matari-Scoundrel Healer | Treston-Pyromaniac Vanguard | Eamen-Sage Healer
Kendrew-Op Healer | Andreus-Sorc Healer | Matarion-Juggernaut Smasher | Darrien-Veng Juggernaut
The Makaryk Legacy of Healing to Full - Begeren Colony
Referral Link - Click for 7 days' sub time and other free stuff

idnewton
02.20.2014 , 12:11 AM | #127
Hey folks!

First off, I am glad to see the excitement around the Rancor. I know I have been eager to show everyone what they could expect from our Season 1 rewards!

One of the things I have seen mentioned a few times on the forums since we announced the rewards is that 1500 is too low of a rating for Tier 1. I wanted to let you know that our rewards tiers are based 100% on data, according to the highest earned ratings of our Ranked players. Currently less than 5% of our entire Ranked playerbase is 1500 or above. So although the number may seem low, very few players across all servers have actually attained it!

-eric
Look who finally grew a spine...

If only 5% of the playerbase is at or above 1500, then I agree that it makes sense to have the top tier as that. As long as you've got a good reason for the decision you're making, stick by it.
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL +55s: 23
ETERNAL WARRIOR CHEEVO POINTS: +29,000

🗽 'MERICA -- **** YEA! 🗽

Luckeyduckey
02.20.2014 , 12:36 AM | #128
Make it at least 1700.

discbox
02.20.2014 , 01:13 AM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by LiL-RieX View Post
Why are the pvpers getting stuff and the pvers aren't getting anything. I'm not a pvper or a pver, but still why aren't they getting stuff. It's been way to long and thats it
What's all the stuff you get on Oricon, KDY, ... ?

JediMasterSLC
02.20.2014 , 01:25 AM | #130
Hey folks!

-eric
Is that 5% of players, or 5% of characters? Cause I've done ranked on 8 characters; does that count me as 8 people? Also, are players who have played less than 10 games and have not received an official rating counted towards the total number of ranked players?

5% is also too low of a threshold for the highest tier of rewards.