Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Announcing End Season 1 Rewards

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Announcing End Season 1 Rewards
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Raansu
02.19.2014 , 06:11 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Konta_Takuto View Post
How is this fair for players on the very LOW populated PvP server prophecy of the five? where queue times for ranked are soo long that players get discouraged?

Or what about players who make alternate characters to selflessly feed the high demand for tanks and healers spending time leveling on them instead of PvPing on their main?

This truly isn't fair in my case being on the lowly populated server where ranked queues take an hour, Bioware needs to come up with a long term solution for queue times by combining servers for PvP and PvE queues.
Very low? POT5 is like one of the only servers left that have ranked going on...at least on imp side. I average 5 minutes between pops. You think pot5 is slow, move to a pve server where there is zero pops. Either way, games dead for ranked, especially without cross server.

Rasen
02.19.2014 , 06:11 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
Maybe because only like 3 servers have any real ranked going on and that its practically dead on all the other servers? Maybe you should get on that cross server...or just end the misery and make a mega server...oh but wait, that would cut into the profit of server transfers *rolls eyes*
Play the game man and get off the forums. On JC(PvE) ranked is popping every few minutes. Cross server isn't needed to get these rewards. It'd be nice, but that has nothing to do with ranked post rewards announcement.

Konta_Takuto
02.19.2014 , 06:12 PM | #103
Maybe because only like 3 servers have any real ranked going on and that its practically dead on all the other servers? Maybe you should get on that cross server...or just end the misery and make a mega server...oh but wait, that would cut into the profit of server transfers *rolls eyes*
^Agreed

As I sated earlier it is not fair for someone like me on a low populated server where queue times are OUTRAGEOUS
Pissed off CE owner who survived patch 1.1

Raansu
02.19.2014 , 06:12 PM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by Rasen View Post
Play the game man and get off the forums. On JC(PvE) ranked is popping every few minutes. Cross server isn't needed to get these rewards. It'd be nice, but that has nothing to do with ranked post rewards announcement.
Erm lol I doubt that considering I am originally from JC where ranked pop is completely dead. I moved to pot5 and never looked back. But if we had cross server I never would of transferred.

Konta_Takuto
02.19.2014 , 06:13 PM | #105
JC is one of the more populated servers

I am on Prophecy of the five the second lowest populated server! What is ironic is that the two lowest populated servers are PvP servers

http://www.torstatus.net/shards/us/stats

Konta_Takuto
02.19.2014 , 06:15 PM | #106
Very low? POT5 is like one of the only servers left that have ranked going on...at least on imp side. I average 5 minutes between pops. You think pot5 is slow, move to a pve server where there is zero pops. Either way, games dead for ranked, especially without cross server.
Here is the link again real data http://www.torstatus.net/shards/us/stats

Regardless of what you think or if you got lucky that isn't the point.....THE POINT is queue times are ridiculous no matter what and bioware needed to fix this a long time ago before they posted rewards

JediMasterSLC
02.19.2014 , 06:16 PM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
So you want tier 1 rewards to be roughly half a percent of PvPers. Seems legit.
Yes actually, tier 1 should be reserved for the elite. Someone who is only in the top 5% of this game is bad.

Konta_Takuto
02.19.2014 , 06:22 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterSLC View Post
Yes actually, tier 1 should be reserved for the elite. Someone who is only in the top 5% of this game is bad.
There isn't enough true DATA to determine who is top dog in swtor the reason being is queue times are sooo outrageous that players like me eventually drop out of queue and move on to something else....my time is worth something apparently to bioware its worth nothing.

There are SEVERAL great PvPers that are not even able to get into many ranked games, therefore this entire season is a sham, not only that but because its not cross server no one knows who is top dog, cross server queue if you want real data

Rasen
02.19.2014 , 06:23 PM | #109
Erm lol I doubt that considering I am originally from JC where ranked pop is completely dead. I moved to pot5 and never looked back. But if we had cross server I never would of transferred.
Doubt it all you want, but I have had 6 pops in the last hour or so which is damn near impressive considering prior to that it was dead. Of course earlier in the day I galvanized general into queuing up shouting RANCOR MOUNT! You'd be surprised how many people queue up for that lol.

Konta_Takuto
02.19.2014 , 06:31 PM | #110
Of course earlier in the day I galvanized general into queuing up shouting RANCOR MOUNT! You'd be surprised how many people queue up for that lol.
Yeah but that is putting a band-aid on a much larger issue, players shouldn't need to beg or bribe to get queues it should just happen, cross server queues would fix this for the long term