Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mine Sweeper Class Ship?

Altheran
02.19.2014 , 03:53 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Armonddd View Post
I can definitely get behind that. Have you heard about the interceptor class we're supposed to get in a few months?
Yeah, I know about this one. I didn't mention it because since Kuat Drive Yards, it's almost officially annonunced.
When I thought of "new roles" I considered this one as already "in". (I assume you meant "Infiltrator" and not "Interceptor")

Morgrid
02.19.2014 , 03:56 PM | #12
Any ship can be a minesweeper.

Once
Darth ImperÓus of The Ebon Hawk.

Galactic Champion of "Chase the Bomber"

Armonddd
02.19.2014 , 04:11 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Altheran View Post
(I assume you meant "Infiltrator" and not "Interceptor")
Yeah, that thing. Herp.
Space Ace of <Death Squadron>, <Black Squadron>, <Eclipse Squadron>, and <solo da>

Pilgrim_Grey
02.19.2014 , 04:25 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Jandi View Post
And it's still made of paper.
I don't know about that... railgun drones in my match were taking a few seconds to drop from focused quad fire that was centered in their reticle.

Gavin_Kelvar
02.19.2014 , 05:22 PM | #15
eh just buff the existing EMP weapons to do extra damage to mines/drones so they always destroy mines/drones. Make the existing minesweeper weapons actually minesweep and not just disable them.

Xnemth
02.19.2014 , 09:09 PM | #16
Scout 1 & Strike 2. Those are the "Minesweepers". I've yet to see the EMP blast NOT demolish mines in it's 3km range.

"Oh, but they don't insta-kill drones", nor should they. Why?

Mine deployment is fairly rapid, blow up a bombers mines, fine. He'll have some more candy ready soon, which means the mine carrier is still a functionally useful part of the team.

Drone deployment is SLOW, and it should be, these things are dangerous. Destroy ALL of a droneships ordnance with ONE missile? Nuh uh. Now yer gimping another ships function for your convenience. It'll be a while before they can redeploy anything of serious value to the team, you wanna be able to insta-irrelevant an entire ship class with no skill other than locking a stationary object involved? No way.

Close in, shoot the scary, menacing, terrifying, immobile and disabled drones down. Or, fire another missile.

We don't need a new ship for this. Use the tools we have.