Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How to be a theorycrafter question

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
How to be a theorycrafter question

KeyboardNinja
02.20.2014 , 12:15 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by oofalong View Post
LOL, it is slow going and I am already behind what I had hoped to do...stupid RL stuff like work...

Still, I hope to get the important stuff available soon.
I have to echo Dreselus here: I'm really glad you're preserving this information. I didn't use mmo-mechanics for very much, since almost all of the formulae are available here, but when I did pop over there it was invaluable. For example, when it recently went down, I had to frantically hunt around in old spreadsheets to find standard health values. :-)
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dragonslayer on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (combat sentinel) Nimri (df scoundrel)
Averith (hybrid sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (jugg tank) Effek (ap powertech)

Kuciwalker
02.20.2014 , 01:35 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by KeyboardNinja View Post
That…wow.

So the 75% limit only applies to DR from armor rating, so even if you only have a small set of additional bonuses, you would theoretically be able to exceed that. However, >76% sounds absolutely insane for bolster. The only time I've seen DR even close to that is when I'm on my shadow will full Shadow Protection stacks and Battle Readiness up (which puts me at just shy of 70% DR). A vanguard with Reactive Shield would be just shy of 80% DR.
Oh, yeah, I could have confirmed that. My VG breaks 75% just from using RS, and gets even higher with sage buff, etc. I think I've seen mid-eighties on Raptus with the crystal.

mastirkal
02.20.2014 , 03:14 PM | #13
That…wow.

So the 75% limit only applies to DR from armor rating, so even if you only have a small set of additional bonuses, you would theoretically be able to exceed that. However, >76% sounds absolutely insane for bolster. The only time I've seen DR even close to that is when I'm on my shadow will full Shadow Protection stacks and Battle Readiness up (which puts me at just shy of 70% DR). A vanguard with Reactive Shield would be just shy of 80% DR.
***** do you even exotech adrenal? *Rocks the 80% DR*
<Hatred>
Dragonslayer Remari the Sin Tank
*Has a spooky mask*

Omophorus
02.20.2014 , 04:33 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by mastirkal View Post
***** do you even exotech adrenal? *Rocks the 80% DR*
How often would you realistically stack adrenal with BR/Overcharge except for e-peen, though?
Srs'bsns, GM of <Proper Villains> of The Ebon Hawk
5/5 Nightmare Power DF & DP
"This is why we don't bring Assassin tanks"

mastirkal
02.20.2014 , 04:36 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Omophorus View Post
How often would you realistically stack adrenal with BR/Overcharge except for e-peen, though?
eryday srsbsns rund her. Gotta survive trash mobs with that 80 DR. Anyone ever figure out how to kill interrogators? They keep stunning my group and killing us with lightning storm. #*****2hard2play
<Hatred>
*Has a spooky mask*

KeyboardNinja
02.20.2014 , 04:52 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Omophorus View Post
When I really need the heck out of my mitigation. For example: NiM Styrak reincarnated dragon spawning immediately after cotank gets nightmared.

In general though, no I wouldn't use an adrenal together with BR except by mistake. And in answer to the earlier question, yes I do use the Exotech adrenal. Is there any informed assassin/shadow tank who doesn't use the Exotech/Rakata?!
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (combat sentinel) Nimri (df scoundrel)
Averith (hybrid sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (jugg tank) Effek (ap powertech)

jack__
02.20.2014 , 06:01 PM | #17
That…wow.

Bolster is incredibly broken in lowbie pvp. I recently made a sorc that is now level 11 and when bolstered i have 51.71% damage reduction and 3212 armour, according to the stats card.
This compared to my mostly obroan geared sage (only conqueror piece is the wrists everything else is 67 grade) that has 2815 armour rating and 16.74% damage reduction.
Both characters have no points in any damage reduction skills.
"Better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." -Abraham Lincoln

cxten
02.20.2014 , 06:13 PM | #18
That…wow.

So the 75% limit only applies to DR from armor rating, so even if you only have a small set of additional bonuses, you would theoretically be able to exceed that. However, >76% sounds absolutely insane for bolster.
Tried it again at level 18, same result (actually, I was probably level 18 last time too, as I have one piece of gear that requires level 18). I was bolstered to the same thing: 10705 armor and 70.87% (armor) + 6.00% (soresu form flat dr) = 76.87% DR. The enhancements didn't seem to matter for the bolstered armor; I removed more and it didn't change (two pieces are missing enhancements).

This doesn't fit the formula: 10705 / ( 10705 + 240*55+800) * 100% = 43.33%, not 70.87%.

Unbolstered (i.e. not in a warzone) I have an armor rating of 2122, for a DR at level 18 of 32.53% + 6.00% = 38.53%.

I figured it out: It's using the level 18 armor DR formula, but with the bolstered armor (how broken!):

32.53 = 100* 2122 / (2122 + x) gives x = 4401.21. I guess it's really 4400, and the armor formula at level 18 is something like 100 * ArmorRating / (ArmorRating + 200*18 + 800).

[Edit: Yes, that's the correct formula for level 18.]

Then with 10705 bolstered ArmorRating, I get 100 * 10705 / (10705 + 4400) = 70.87, agreeing exactly.

KeyboardNinja
02.20.2014 , 06:54 PM | #19
Crud on a stick… That's insanely broken.

mastirkal
02.20.2014 , 08:25 PM | #20
When I really need the heck out of my mitigation. For example: NiM Styrak reincarnated dragon spawning immediately after cotank gets nightmared.

In general though, no I wouldn't use an adrenal together with BR except by mistake. And in answer to the earlier question, yes I do use the Exotech adrenal. Is there any informed assassin/shadow tank who doesn't use the Exotech/Rakata?!
Just giving you **** man. Pointing out you said we max out at just under 70% or just over with merc armor buff.
<Hatred>
*Has a spooky mask*