Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

It's Time to Talk About Pushback Again

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
It's Time to Talk About Pushback Again

KingofGob
02.18.2014 , 11:55 AM | #1
With every major class balance update a new major ability is given 100% pushback protection. It seems like pushback is being slowly phased out of the game. At this point enough of the game's key casts have protection that I think it's time to reevaluate pushback as a mechanic in swtor. What value does pushback bring to the game at this point? Would you support the wholesale removal of pushback from swtor? This topic has been discussed a few times in the past, but I think with the release of patch 2.6 and reveal of patch 2.7 it's time to have this discussion again.
~~GaddockTeeg~~
Youtube Channel: http://bit.ly/1cD2OMh
Unnamed SWTOR Podcast: http://bit.ly/11wHvEI
Twitter: @GTeeg

Aikion
02.18.2014 , 12:21 PM | #2
I'd much rather have diminishing returns on interrupts and stuns breaking on damage. Though they seem to be going the route of removing pushback, and reducing/removing stuns.

Devi's Advocate: Assuming their survivability is balanced around casting their heals, why are non-healing spec'd DPS classes doubly punished for trying to use them? Not only can the heals be interrupted, but they're subject to pushback as well.
aikiwoce
Jeddit - r/swtor

Altheran
02.18.2014 , 12:25 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by KingofGob View Post
With every major class balance update a new major ability is given 100% pushback protection. It seems like pushback is being slowly phased out of the game. At this point enough of the game's key casts have protection that I think it's time to reevaluate pushback as a mechanic in swtor. What value does pushback bring to the game at this point? Would you support the wholesale removal of pushback from swtor? This topic has been discussed a few times in the past, but I think with the release of patch 2.6 and reveal of patch 2.7 it's time to have this discussion again.
If Pushbach is removed or made useless, then I ask for the Consular and Inquisitors (all ACs) to move from being "multiple hits" fighters (Double Stike/Thrash - Clairvoyant Strike/Voltaic Slash - Upheaval/Chain Shock - Telekinetic Momentum/Forked Lightning) to "single hits" fighters, because it would only make crit streaks much more unlikely without much rewards in the other hand.

KingofGob
02.19.2014 , 08:44 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Aikion View Post
Devi's Advocate: Assuming their survivability is balanced around casting their heals, why are non-healing spec'd DPS classes doubly punished for trying to use them? Not only can the heals be interrupted, but they're subject to pushback as well.
I think the heal to full debacle is a perfect example of this. Pushback is one of the major reasons why classes with healing off specs can not effectively use their heals in PvP scenarios. If classes are balanced with their entire kit in mind why not let them use that whole kit?
~~GaddockTeeg~~
Youtube Channel: http://bit.ly/1cD2OMh
Unnamed SWTOR Podcast: http://bit.ly/11wHvEI
Twitter: @GTeeg

SuperGrunt
02.23.2014 , 04:41 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by KingofGob View Post
I think the heal to full debacle is a perfect example of this. Pushback is one of the major reasons why classes with healing off specs can not effectively use their heals in PvP scenarios. If classes are balanced with their entire kit in mind why not let them use that whole kit?
Honestly, I think that most classes should get better buffs from higher on the skill trees, such that you might get some utility from hybriding, but you will be gimped similar to how a healer is gimped when forced to DPS.
My propsed changes to Loot Rules.
My Twitch channel, both a link and the address so you can choose how you visit it. twitch.tv/otawo