Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can I learn level 55 Artifice Crafting?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Can I learn level 55 Artifice Crafting?

Viowithcrailtap
02.18.2014 , 10:03 AM | #1
Hi Guys,

I recently maxed out my Artifice, Archaeology and Treasure Hunting and noticed that I can't seem to learn anything from the Artifice Trainer (on the fleet) higher than level 53 (item number 28).

Am I missing something?

I've finished Chapter 3 and I'm currently level 52 if that helps.

XAtrophi
02.18.2014 , 10:28 AM | #3
After grade 28 you only learn from reverse engineering drops. So like to learn initiative 29 you'd need to pull it from a piece of gear and RE it in hopes you get the schematic otherwise you try it again til you do.

If you're not in a raiding guild its KIND OF a waste since you wont make that much money off them when you can just use the item for your alts. honestly making enhancements in general isnt that lucrative unless you either A: get a really rare drop that everyone wants or B: learn a new schematic early.
However since its a bit late in the gear grind most people already the schematics and the prices are waaay down almost at the rate of not even being worth crafting (Ie: mass man.s selling for 350k each and vials going for 60k each but the enhancement selling for 600k )
Relics are the way to go since most people are too lazy to farm the PvP relics you can get 3-400k as a "tip" for crafting with their mats.
also this isnt meant to discourage in anyway it is still very good money just not as good, this late in the gearing cycle.
~The Killsu Legacy~
"You can turn off the sun, but I'm still gonna shine."
Balien Komui

Viowithcrailtap
02.18.2014 , 10:37 AM | #4
Ok. Well for now I've learnt the schematics for level 28 purple enhancements (it's helping me and my friends). This will be the best I can do for a while.

It sounds like a massive lottery trying to learn the schematic from the odd mod/ enhancement.

Thanks for the reply. I guess the items I'm looking at will be drops in end game raids?

psandak
02.18.2014 , 11:31 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Viowithcrailtap View Post
I guess the items I'm looking at will be drops in end game raids?
Or through elite and ultimate commendations. Please read my guide already linked in this thread.
Quote: Originally Posted by EnderSeventyFour View Post