Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How many people actually play GSF?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter

Jandi
02.18.2014 , 12:29 AM | #11
I have to say, that on Red Eclipse where I play, it's quite slim pickings. There's a few good gunship pilots that always run with a few man team that give trouble purely due to coordination but beyond that, it's kind of meh. Guess EU side there isn't much enthusiasm for it.

BobBudJones
02.18.2014 , 03:53 AM | #12
I'm on PoT5, and it kinda reminds me of old-school single-server PvP days in WoW when they introduced their first battleground.

Pretty frequent pops throughout the day, with lots of familiar faces, which is cool. But then during off-hours you can wait 30 minutes or more, and it dies altogether around 2 AM central time. A decent number may do the daily quest, but that can often only be one match. My guess is less than 10% of the total population plays more consistently than that. Some pretty gung-ho folks out there, though.

mattycutts
02.18.2014 , 06:17 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by FlipZero View Post
What server are you on? There are really only 3 servers with heavy GSF play. Try rolling a new toon on Pot5, Harbinger, or TEH. They tend to have the highest GSF pops.
and red eclipse (eu server), majority of the time GSF pops within 1 minute max more often than not in seconds.
RED ECLIPSE - Unrelenting (Rep) / The Deathbringers (emp)
(Ground & Space PVP only) - Republic main
Empire - Quickblast / Quickstrike / Quickblow / Quickcast / Toretto
Republic - Quickblasts / Quickslam / Quickvolley
Former Baccas Blade / Nightmare Lands

Elly_Dawn
02.18.2014 , 06:25 AM | #14
Jedi Covenant is pretty healthy, you don't usually have to wait more than a few minutes for pops on Imperial side, and Republic less than that... though due to the faction imbalance, there's frequently more Republic Vs Republic...
if all the great fashion designers have gone over to the Darkside, then i will too...
Jedi Covenant: The Ashtear Legacy:

Elhaym - Shadow / Shinoa - Scoundrel
Dawnaria - Assassin / Adawn - Mercenary / D'jour - Operative

mighty_joe
02.18.2014 , 07:49 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by mattycutts View Post
and red eclipse (eu server), majority of the time GSF pops within 1 minute max more often than not in seconds.
it does. i am online almost daily between 9pm and 11pm and couple of hours more on weekends and near exclusively play GSF nowadays. i have yet to wait longer than 5min for any match to pop. after 3 weeks of this i recognise some usual suspects but not that many, telling me there is quite a healthy population of pilots around.

Diedel
02.18.2014 , 10:44 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Jandi View Post
I have to say, that on Red Eclipse where I play, it's quite slim pickings. There's a few good gunship pilots that always run with a few man team that give trouble purely due to coordination but beyond that, it's kind of meh. Guess EU side there isn't much enthusiasm for it.
I am barely doing the daily and weekly for now, but it Looks like i will stop altogether. While the idea is interesting, the implementation is just sad. There is no Balance between the Teams, though it might be hard with so few Players. It is Buggy, Missiles won't lock and fire most of the time, and everything lags around. On the other Hand it is like the rest of the game, so i might have expected to much, after all many of the beta bugs are still here

HuaRya
02.18.2014 , 09:04 PM | #17

Not that many in my main guild. I've actually stopped periodically asking to group up as I often get hostile replies. Either they don't like the inescapable sci-fi ness of flying starfighter coming from the swords and dungeons of wow or they are entirely sick of playing the premades which seem to play 24/7. About a month into GSF Shadowlands got entirely lopsided. A few pay-to-play premades tilted the odds in repub's favor and the kiddies who hate to lose went over and established themselves over there. The actual people I see playing GSF are the two ship f2p'ers.

If the devs just had a matching system that required any premade team to be countered by an opposing premade then more people might show interest. It has huge potential but this major flaw seems to be turning away the original subscriber base.
Pazaak is long overdue
Pazaak in Cantinas, Pazaak Mini Quest, Pazaak Reputation Vendor
http://www.pazaak.org/

mattycutts
02.19.2014 , 06:35 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Jandi View Post
u sure u on red eclipse?

i see different names all time each match plus the regulars ofc. last night had 8 games, 4 on rep, 4 on emp and only odd name keep popping up most matches was fresh names.

all i do now is gsf and on red eclipse we do have some excellent pilots, most of the best are on republic side but still there are some really good pilots out there on red eclipse on both sides.
RED ECLIPSE - Unrelenting (Rep) / The Deathbringers (emp)
(Ground & Space PVP only) - Republic main
Empire - Quickblast / Quickstrike / Quickblow / Quickcast / Toretto
Republic - Quickblasts / Quickslam / Quickvolley
Former Baccas Blade / Nightmare Lands

Jandi
02.19.2014 , 06:44 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by mattycutts View Post
all i do now is gsf and on red eclipse we do have some excellent pilots, most of the best are on republic side but still there are some really good pilots out there on red eclipse on both sides.
Really? Odd, I haven't met any. Or do you mean those guys who fly mastered ships only in premades and farm pugs?

MilesTeg_cy
02.19.2014 , 06:50 AM | #20
I'm on ToFN and didn't like GSF at all. Played a few times but no, it is not my thing.
All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted. - Frank Herbert