Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Tournament: The Dark Imperium vs the Alliance of Worlds

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Tournament: The Dark Imperium vs the Alliance of Worlds

Selenial
02.17.2014 , 01:15 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKulvax View Post
With the Open Circle Fleet sat back defending the planets and the Stealth Fleet able to go anywhere and do anything on the attack, the GAN is going to be hard pressed to fight back without fighting a war of attrition that the DI can easily hold out in and win sharply, those stealth ambushes and random strikes all over AoW space is going to be seriously hard to counter.
Indeed, and any attempt at a counter attack, and the Stealthed Fleet would make it there faster than the AOW fleet, thanks to Interdictors being able to slow the AOW down.
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
CelÚna Mercenary Cathinka Seeliara Sage

LadyKulvax
02.17.2014 , 01:18 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Indeed, true. However, Luke Skywalker, Wedge Antilles, and Leia Organa are all very experienced in stateless warfare tactics, which is exactly what we are talking about here (with the added stealth factor). If anybody has a chance of defending against that kind of tactic, it's them.

Now, both of you leave me alone so I can support Sel!
Stealthed fleets are the most powerful forces in the entirety of naval warfare, they are almost impossible to defeat, Malgus used his fleet very poorly and that is how he lost, however in all other examples, stealth fleets or fighter wings are always used as the plot device that can win a war, because they are so difficult to fight back against, I really wouldn't under-estimate how damn valuable stealthed ships are, never mind stealthed Harrower-class Dreadnoughts.
I am the Battlemaster of the Jedi Order. I've struck you down once already. Today, I'm finishing the job.
Jedi Order

Selenial
02.17.2014 , 01:18 PM | #23
To be Honest, any of you who still underestimate Traya are not worthy of participating in the Kaggath (lawlz) but here goes anyway....

Darth Traya
Spoiler

As for Darth Maul....

Spoiler

Obviously these quotes are minimalistic, I believe Traya and Maul do not need as much elaboration as my Fleets and Soldiers.
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.

Wolfninjajedi
02.17.2014 , 01:18 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post

And I have Stealthed Boarding party ships thanks to Santhe/Sienar, which could easily be used to place an array of Sienar Droids (Or Shadow Troopers for the larger ships) on board to distract or cripple multiple vessels.
With a bunch of specialized ship combat personal known as Rebel SpaceOps just waiting to repel attackers.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Selenial
02.17.2014 , 01:20 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
With a bunch of specialized ship combat personal known as Rebel SpaceOps just waiting to repel attackers.
He won't have enough to put aboard all the ships.

And I think you're forgetting, the Shadow Troopers were ALL elite troops as it is, put stealth on top of that....

Selenial
02.17.2014 , 01:25 PM | #26
never mind stealthed Harrower-class Dreadnoughts.
Speaking of Harrowers, Beni you promised me quotes on Harrowers from the SWTORE beause I typed out (pretty much) an entire chapter of TFU Novel for you...

Aurbere
02.17.2014 , 01:26 PM | #27
Stealthed fleets are the most powerful forces in the entirety of naval warfare, they are almost impossible to defeat, Malgus used his fleet very poorly and that is how he lost, however in all other examples, stealth fleets or fighter wings are always used as the plot device that can win a war, because they are so difficult to fight back against, I really wouldn't under-estimate how damn valuable stealthed ships are, never mind stealthed Harrower-class Dreadnoughts.
If I am underestimating them, it's not intentional.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Aurbere
02.17.2014 , 01:27 PM | #28
Speaking of Harrowers, Beni you promised me quotes on Harrowers from the SWTORE beause I typed out (pretty much) an entire chapter of TFU Novel for you...
I didn't get nothing for the stuff I typed out for him...
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Wolfninjajedi
02.17.2014 , 01:29 PM | #29
He won't have enough to put aboard all the ships.

And I think you're forgetting, the Shadow Troopers were ALL elite troops as it is, put stealth on top of that....
I'm not forgetting, but Rebel SpecForce are ALL elite troops too. They have stealth? Fine, but it's not like they can just stealth all the time without being picked up, their stealth doesn't last forever. Plus Shadow Troopers aren't meant for ship combat, they can be used for it, but SpaceOps is gonna have the advantage of knowing how to fight aboard starships. Ontop of that, SpecForce can just have sensor tech to locate the Shadows even if they are invisible.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

ShadowMudkip
02.17.2014 , 01:30 PM | #30
Ok, here is why Sel's fleet is superior.
1. Trench is a naval genius, he is a very smart and capable tactician. He is also an expert on stealth ships, as he was able to find a way to destroy them while stealthed. Because of this expertise, he can probably eliminate any weaknesses the stealth fleet would have.
2. As Selenial possesses an ordinary fleet, and a stealth type fleet, it would be extremely easy to flank the enemy fleets and hit them from all sides. If the stealth fleet can't be detected, it would be capable of outmaneuvering fleets and bypassing blockades.
3. Darth Traya can use some of her foresight to find out enemy fleet movements.
JediCovenant
The Veir Legacy
Mairick-Assassin Mylius-Sorcerer
Kaidin-Mercenary