Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Nerf Ion Railgun

MCaliban
02.17.2014 , 11:28 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Jandi View Post
Nerf everything except the ship I'm flying, it's ridiculous.
Bombers are OP and gunships are for cowards.

(plays a sting with bypass/burst lasers combo)
Better to be the tail of a dragon than the head of a lizard.

Nocher
02.18.2014 , 12:13 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by MCaliban View Post
Bombers are OP and gunships are for cowards.

(plays a sting with bypass/burst lasers combo)
bypass/burst is so pre-2.6
Band-Aid
That guy on the Bastion with only a Nova Dive

Verain
02.18.2014 , 12:20 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Nocher View Post
bypass/burst is so pre-2.6
Your current support nova isn't very scary without a burst dps to help you out though. Not that there's anything wrong with that- it's a team game, and locking someone down is invaluable if there's a gunship, strike, or type 2 scout anywhere close at all- but I think that the nonsense solo sting is still best at the role of Totally invincible Elite Unkillable Awesome Ninja. They just cry because they aren't the top pick for everything at all times forever.

It's mostly sting pilots who shed tears over bombers, for instance, and make threads crying about how a gunship got away instead of dying instantly like they expect everything to.

DroidDreamer
02.18.2014 , 01:11 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Verain View Post
*snip* ... it seems odd that the drain effect is so very effective, and doesn't scale with charge. I think some mild tweaks is all it really needs.
Yeah.

Edit: cut it down to the part I agree with.
The DroidDreamer Legacy (Pot5 Server)
Eblen 50 Sorc heals | Sodan 50 Sniper | Trilliant 37 Immortal Jugg | Somnis 50 TankSin
They mark me with the lightning bolt in Huttball.

Armonddd
02.18.2014 , 05:44 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Verain View Post
Ion railgun is good for the game. It does remain rather effective as a clumped damage effect, and it seems odd that the drain effect is so very effective, and doesn't scale with charge. I think some mild tweaks is all it really needs.
why

please see shayd's post

please also explain to me why ion aoe makes any logistical sense at all
Space Ace of <Death Squadron>, <Black Squadron>, <Eclipse Squadron>, and <solo da>

Bleeters
02.18.2014 , 06:03 AM | #16
I can't say I'd shed a tear if they took away ion railgun AoE, but they'd better combine it with some other effective method of clearing out massed drones and mines. EMP just isn't cutting it.

Zoom_VI
02.18.2014 , 08:17 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Bleeters View Post
I can't say I'd shed a tear if they took away ion railgun AoE, but they'd better combine it with some other effective method of clearing out massed drones and mines. EMP just isn't cutting it.
You picked them off one at a time with that 15km railgun your have. Not like drones are going to sprout engines and come after a gunship.
Crinn

Sanity is for the weak minded.

Jyzai
02.18.2014 , 09:56 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Armonddd View Post
please also explain to me why ion aoe makes any logistical sense at all
Cause the development team that did GSF might have played alot Command & Conquer.
I know when I see the word ion in a video game I always think of C&C.
So let me get this straight you want to add a debuff to keep people from quitting warzones, then you might as well get ready for insults at you and others on the team.

Bleeters
02.18.2014 , 10:34 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoom_VI View Post
You picked them off one at a time with that 15km railgun your have. Not like drones are going to sprout engines and come after a gunship.
If it was that simple, bombers wouldn't be anywhere near as good at satelite defence as they are right now.

Jandi
02.18.2014 , 10:45 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Bleeters View Post
If it was that simple, bombers wouldn't be anywhere near as good at satelite defence as they are right now.
They really aren't, there's just many bad people that play pac-man with mines.