Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

S-250 Chela-class starfighter

CaliJoe
02.16.2014 , 11:53 PM | #1
I found this in a thread in the CM forum. I absolutely love B-Wings from Star Wars VI and I remember I saw these somewhere in the KOTOR games. It would be a nice addition, IMO.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/S-250...ss_starfighter
Wild speculation on forums? When does that happen? The Harbinger - Fumanshu Legacy
Repub: Jafaean(Arms), Zelgen(Artifice), Espellah(Cyber), Jabender(Synthweave)
Imp: Vindrock(Armor), Antshell(BioChem), Li'Larish, Kenevil

Lithy
02.17.2014 , 12:17 AM | #2
That looks more like a precursor to the Slave 1 type of ship to me, theres a bwing style ship in game already. The troopers ship. However I am not opposed to that ship being playable so ^.^
Lithium
Imperial Sniper

The Hartshotte Legacy
Tallianna, Gunslinger

CaliJoe
02.17.2014 , 12:53 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Lithy View Post
That looks more like a precursor to the Slave 1 type of ship to me, theres a bwing style ship in game already. The troopers ship. However I am not opposed to that ship being playable so ^.^
That's true! The Thunderclap is a sideways version of which I was like *forehead slap* "sideways?" LoL. Being that this is the relm of time post KOTOR-era, I thought this would look neat. It's small, and from the description it looks like it would fit in a strikefighter role which I would totally be down for!
Wild speculation on forums? When does that happen? The Harbinger - Fumanshu Legacy

HoloGrinder
02.17.2014 , 04:59 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by CaliJoe View Post
I found this in a thread in the CM forum. I absolutely love B-Wings from Star Wars VI and I remember I saw these somewhere in the KOTOR games. It would be a nice addition, IMO.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/S-250...ss_starfighter
I used to fly a B-Wing in SWG and the mechanics of simply maneuvering the ship was wild not to mention hitting with the blasters that are spread way out and not in line with the cockpit. Hard ship to be good in. That said I'd love to fly one again. Also flew the A-wing, Y-wing, X-wing, JSF, and a few others but my favorite was my Belbullab. I miss having to get 5 players to "Crew up" your YT-1300. Pilot, Co-pilot, Systems, and two turret gunners. Those where the days.

CaliJoe
02.19.2014 , 01:50 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by HoloGrinder View Post
I used to fly a B-Wing in SWG and the mechanics of simply maneuvering the ship was wild not to mention hitting with the blasters that are spread way out and not in line with the cockpit. Hard ship to be good in. That said I'd love to fly one again. Also flew the A-wing, Y-wing, X-wing, JSF, and a few others but my favorite was my Belbullab. I miss having to get 5 players to "Crew up" your YT-1300. Pilot, Co-pilot, Systems, and two turret gunners. Those where the days.
I missed out on SWG. I remember getting to play them on X-Wing vs T.I.E. Fighter. It was kind of wonky to have the 2 lasers on the tail of the gun sitting underneath the pilot. There also was an ion cannon directly underneath the cockpit. The missile bays were underneath the cockpit before you got to the engines. You couldn't tell because it was FPS mode.

Now that I think about it, a B-Wing variant would be kind of a trick to do, because the body is vertical as oppose to horizontal like the current GSF ships. Think of the space the ship uses currently, it is either a horizontal rectangle or a square. If you make the ship a vertical rectangle, it will constantly run into objects underneath the ship with the current state of how game space is built. Hugging an asteroid or a sat would be out of the question. It looks interesting but now that I think about it, the GSF in current form doesn't allow the ship to fly properly.

Elly_Dawn
02.19.2014 , 09:20 AM | #6
iirc from the movies the B-Wing cockpit rotated in a cuff on the main wing/body and there was no horizontal or vertical to that ship, it flew however the pilot wanted to orient it... i seem to remember seeing them rotate in battle a few times, swinging the weapons from below to the side...
if all the great fashion designers have gone over to the Darkside, then i will too...
Jedi Covenant: The Ashtear Legacy:

Elhaym - Shadow / Shinoa - Scoundrel
Dawnaria - Assassin / Adawn - Mercenary / D'jour - Operative

CaliJoe
02.19.2014 , 02:27 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Elly_Dawn View Post
iirc from the movies the B-Wing cockpit rotated in a cuff on the main wing/body and there was no horizontal or vertical to that ship, it flew however the pilot wanted to orient it... i seem to remember seeing them rotate in battle a few times, swinging the weapons from below to the side...
That's true, that it did rotate. If the rotate were implemented to not collide with objects under the ship, that would be a lot of work on just one little ship.The system has to know where in the game space the ship is and whether or not to rotate. My recall is the ship being horizontal in the flight mode similar to an x-wing with the wings together, then in attack mode the body would orient vertically. Though in the X-wing vs T.I.E. fighter game you could switch it either way without restrictions. The ship I originally mentioned would strictly be vertically oriented. Just have to wait and see if the GSF team considers it viable.