Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

ammo drones

Zoom_VI
02.16.2014 , 09:26 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Sadishist View Post
Feel free to roll a bomber then.
Yes, but bombers don't use ammo (except the bad ones with loltorps) so if I rolled a bomber, I would have no need for that ammo refill drone. And if I have no need for that ammo refill drone, then I want to go back to my scout, but then I would need ammo, which would make me want to have a ammo drone....
Crinn

Sanity is for the weak minded.

Verain
02.16.2014 , 09:38 PM | #22
I 100% believe concussions are superior to seeker mines. Torps are a bit less useful, but still let you run fleet support.

Remember, there's two bombers- the one with the mines doesn't get the repair drone at all. The dronelayer DOES get it, and it really benefits a lot from concussions, because its right click options are concussion, proton, seeker. The minelayer has proton, seismic, seeker (and almost everyone picks seismic).

More importantly, who cares if the BOMBER doesn't experience a gain? It's about helping your team. Bombers are support anyway.

Zoom_VI
02.16.2014 , 09:59 PM | #23
If they are for support then they had better be upgrading their repair drones for ammo ASAP. Otherwise the things are a waste of time.
Crinn

mattycutts
02.17.2014 , 06:33 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoom_VI View Post
So my number one pet peeve right now is all these bombers putting out useless garbage repair drones that don't give ammo.

Like really, drones that only heal are useless. Why? Because the only time I want heals is if I'm dying and if I'm dying I don't have time to go sit next to a drone, and if I'm not in the process of dying then I'm not going to waste time healing.

Repairs shields???? My shields repair themselves thank you.

Now ammo is something I'll stop for, because ammo is something I need. But if your not dropping ammo drone then stop wasting my time with these useless drones. Like seriously I get all excited when I see a repair drone, but them I'm like fck you bomber when I realize its not giving ammo.

Moar ammo drones plz.
I dont fly my bomber much but got it mastered, to be honest not noticed there was a need for ammo option but ill swap mine see how it helps my server out.

Glad u did this post identified a need that most didnt know.
RED ECLIPSE - Unrelenting (Rep) / The Deathbringers (emp)
(Ground & Space PVP only) - Republic main
Empire - Quickblast / Quickstrike / Quickblow / Quickcast / Toretto
Republic - Quickblasts / Quickslam / Quickvolley
Former Baccas Blade / Nightmare Lands

Kuciwalker
02.17.2014 , 10:23 AM | #25
Ammo is hard to run out of and easy to get. Meanwhile, shield buff can help a lot under fire. Even without T3 upgrade shield drone is good in TDM because it saves you a death.

I'm going too keep running shield :P

Davionix
02.17.2014 , 10:43 AM | #26
I believe ammo reload option is better than shield reload option too.

If you are constantly finding yourself without shields and needing shield reload from repair drone then you are probably :
  • Being hit with ion railgun which means that damage is splashing to anyone and all drones near you which means drone will end up being killed from splash damage.
  • Flying in a straight line all the time and getting hit constantly. no amount of shield repair will help you there.
  • Being targeted by more than one players. If you are not doing evasive flying no amount of shield repair will help you here if your enemies' targeting is well.

As it has been mentioned before, you can regenerate shields while dodging blaster fire or travelling from one location to another.

I do not see self-destruct as a viable way to rearm missile ammunition because even in domination games when you die you give 1 point to enemy teams.

Sure you may not want to wait a long time at repair drone when another satellite is under heavy fire but you can always try to do small pit stops whenever the coast is clear.

They're on our left,right,in front of us,behind us..they can't get away this time.

Sadishist
02.17.2014 , 11:25 AM | #27
Yes, but bombers don't use ammo (except the bad ones with loltorps) so if I rolled a bomber, I would have no need for that ammo refill drone. And if I have no need for that ammo refill drone, then I want to go back to my scout, but then I would need ammo, which would make me want to have a ammo drone....
And that's how all pugs feel.

Onodrain
02.17.2014 , 11:47 AM | #28
Ships that need reload are scouts. Which seems to be the main pilots on this thread. LOL! Of course most of the people on the thread think you should use reload.

But when I look at the makeup of the teams I am on, it makes no sense to use reload when shields benefits everyone.

Zoom_VI
02.17.2014 , 12:11 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Onodrain View Post
Ships that need reload are scouts. Which seems to be the main pilots on this thread. LOL! Of course most of the people on the thread think you should use reload.

But when I look at the makeup of the teams I am on, it makes no sense to use reload when shields benefits everyone.
The thing is Shields regenerate themselves. The only time shields are not regenerating themselves is when you are under fire, and if you are underfire you don't have the time to sit next to drone. Thus shield repair is useless.

Also ammo is important to both scouts and strikes. The only class that has no use for ammo is gunships.
Crinn

Onodrain
02.17.2014 , 12:32 PM | #30
The thing is Shields regenerate themselves. The only time shields are not regenerating themselves is when you are under fire, and if you are underfire you don't have the time to sit next to drone. Thus shield repair is useless.

Also ammo is important to both scouts and strikes. The only class that has no use for ammo is gunships.
While technically true, strikes can take additional ammo, making the need to resupply low. And strike fighters do not have the rapid depletion of their missiles like the scouts with their pods. Again making the need to resupply lower than a pod scout.

Anyone dogfighting around where the drone is places will benefit from the shields. Only one type of shield recharges while taking damage. Not everyone has quick charge shields and even if they have them, they do not all have them upgraded.

I try to think beyond my own needs to the needs of others. It is funny to me that many people on this thread are just thinking about their own needs and extrapolating that to be the needs of everyone.

We all have our opinions. I am just stating mine. I hope the diverse viewpoint makes people think more about their choices.