Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

ammo drones

Altheran
02.16.2014 , 04:21 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Luneward View Post
Eh, doubt they'll add that. You can generally expect to find a repair drone at a sat in a domination game. While I know it is time consuming, you just need to look for a weapon powerup to refill your ammo.
That's not the same kind of "ammo refill". The Power-up refills blasters and improves their regen. A drone refills the stock of missiles.

Vid-szhite
02.16.2014 , 04:25 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Altheran View Post
That's not the same kind of "ammo refill". The Power-up improves the blasters' regen. A drone refills the stock of missiles.
Actually, weapon power ups also completely refill your missile ammo too.

Altheran
02.16.2014 , 04:26 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Vid-szhite View Post
Actually, weapon power ups also completely refill your missile ammo too.
What ? I mean, really ?!

I guess I'm too busy actually fighting to see a little number change.

Zharik
02.16.2014 , 04:38 PM | #14
Honestly, the tier 3 choices for repair drones are pretty lopsided. If people are picking the shield regen, they're gonna lose that dogfight (that they must be in to need that ability) anyway. Now in a tight grouping of 3 friends vs multiple enemies? It *might* make a difference. Rearm is useful a lot more often.

Repair drones are wasted if put out in the middle of a dogfight, as they die pretty fast. They are most useful to repair/rearm while the other team is respawning.
<Alt-a-holic's Anonymous>
President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, Member.

Verain
02.16.2014 , 05:40 PM | #15
When I'm in a big dogfight as fleet support, the shield repair is obviously superior. The problem is that a repair drone doesn't last 10 seconds under such conditions, as the green numbers are too important to ignore. A drone a BIT out of the way, or in LOS, can benefit this- again, the shield repair is definitely better for node defense.

The thing is, there's so many ways to get your ammo back. In TDM you can find a yellow. In domination, the ammo refills are at every asteroid!

That being said, I'm likely switching it to ammo soon, specifically for cluster missile scouts and rocket pod scouts, and I will try calling out the location when I drop it and see who buzzes by. I bet the good pilots will be very happy.

Zharik
02.16.2014 , 05:50 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Verain View Post
The thing is, there's so many ways to get your ammo back. In TDM you can find a yellow. In domination, the ammo refills are at every asteroid!
That's like saying gas stations are a waste of time when you can just ram your nearly empty car into a wall to get a full tank...
<Alt-a-holic's Anonymous>
President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, Member.

Verain
02.16.2014 , 06:20 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Zharik View Post
That's like saying gas stations are a waste of time when you can just ram your nearly empty car into a wall to get a full tank...
If doing that spawned me nearer my destination in the same car but newer and with all flaws removed, I would absolutely do that too.

Armonddd
02.16.2014 , 06:28 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Verain View Post
If doing that spawned me nearer my destination in the same car but newer and with all flaws removed, I would absolutely do that too.
It only spawns you closer if you know a guy with an expensive SUV that's generous enough to share his respawn. Except he's a gangsta and it ain't easy, so sometimes he dead and you have to spawn back home.

I wouldn't want to spawn back home halfway through the 700 mile drive to my grandparents'.
Space Ace of <Death Squadron>, <Black Squadron>, <Eclipse Squadron>, and <solo da>

Verain
02.16.2014 , 08:08 PM | #19
It's very common to want to be at A or C and not be near that though. I'm not saying it's a panacea, but neither is flying to wherever the repair drone is and sitting there for twelve seconds, then flying wherever you SHOULD be.

Sadishist
02.16.2014 , 08:22 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoom_VI View Post
So my number one pet peeve right now is all these bombers putting out useless garbage repair drones that don't give ammo.

Like really, drones that only heal are useless. Why? Because the only time I want heals is if I'm dying and if I'm dying I don't have time to go sit next to a drone, and if I'm not in the process of dying then I'm not going to waste time healing.

Repairs shields???? My shields repair themselves thank you.

Now ammo is something I'll stop for, because ammo is something I need. But if your not dropping ammo drone then stop wasting my time with these useless drones. Like seriously I get all excited when I see a repair drone, but them I'm like fck you bomber when I realize its not giving ammo.

Moar ammo drones plz.
Feel free to roll a bomber then.
A fearful enemy is at his most dangerous.

The Fallen Lords of The Bastion
Juggernaut: Sadishist Sorcerer: Drellion