Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

ammo drones

Zoom_VI
02.16.2014 , 12:12 PM | #1
So my number one pet peeve right now is all these bombers putting out useless garbage repair drones that don't give ammo.

Like really, drones that only heal are useless. Why? Because the only time I want heals is if I'm dying and if I'm dying I don't have time to go sit next to a drone, and if I'm not in the process of dying then I'm not going to waste time healing.

Repairs shields???? My shields repair themselves thank you.

Now ammo is something I'll stop for, because ammo is something I need. But if your not dropping ammo drone then stop wasting my time with these useless drones. Like seriously I get all excited when I see a repair drone, but them I'm like fck you bomber when I realize its not giving ammo.

Moar ammo drones plz.
Crinn

Sanity is for the weak minded.

-Streven-
02.16.2014 , 12:27 PM | #2
Agreed that ammo is wanted but in a tight TDM game healing drones equal win.

Warhelm
02.16.2014 , 12:28 PM | #3
So, last night I was (Star) Guarding B in Mesa, full health/shields, And the repair drone kept attaching to me. It wasn't until now, reading your post that I realize it was ammo resupply. Lol. So some bombers are using it. I just wish I would have known at the time, so I could thank them.

wildwolfs
02.16.2014 , 12:30 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoom_VI View Post
So my number one pet peeve right now is all these bombers putting out useless garbage repair drones that don't give ammo.

Like really, drones that only heal are useless. Why? Because the only time I want heals is if I'm dying and if I'm dying I don't have time to go sit next to a drone, and if I'm not in the process of dying then I'm not going to waste time healing.

Now ammo is something I'll stop for, because ammo is something I need. But if your not dropping ammo drone then stop wasting my time with these useless drones. Like seriously I get all excited when I see a repair drone, but them I'm like fck you bomber when I realize its not giving ammo.

Moar ammo drones plz.
When I fly my bomber I have given up telling team members where I will drop repair drones wich REFILL ammo as they never seem to be botherd about it. ( Chipmonk on the red eclipse btw ) so I guess you could say it works both ways.
Bushido

Rectitude Courage Benevolence Respect Honesty Honor Loyalty

DEATHICIDE
02.16.2014 , 12:36 PM | #5
The only times I find myself running out of ammo is during lopsided matches where I am simply hunter-killing the entire time, and even then it takes some time to run out.

I spam rocket pods, or so I had thought, when I fly my scout, and if I am allowed to run out, it means I have already killed enough enemies to let me know, I really don't need more ammo, the poor guys can't keep up as it is.

Healing drone that heals shields however, well if there is a swarm somewhere and the battle is going 50/50, the team that gets shield boosts to all theirs is clearly taking the advantage.

That is why I use the heals drone.

If someone can't manage their rocket pods properly, or if we are winning so hard we are able to run out of concussion missiles, I don't really care if someone runs out of ammo, I'd rather keep the emergency heals in my pocket.
Republic Diehard-Imperial Diehard-Founder Of The Old Republic

The Most Valuable - Devastator - Fleet Admiral - Space Magnate

Armonddd
02.16.2014 , 12:38 PM | #6
A dead enemy can't damage shields.

A ship without secondary ammo has a significantly harder time landing kills.

The choice is obvious.
Space Ace of <Death Squadron>, <Black Squadron>, <Eclipse Squadron>, and <solo da>

Scrabs
02.16.2014 , 12:47 PM | #7
I agree with OP.

There's just too few players who value ammo higher than shield regen, which is really sad :< Especially since double volley clusters and rocket pods are so strong right now.
You'll never be safe with me around, huehuehue.
www.youtube.com/scrabpwntech for my GSF videos.
www.twitch.tv/scrabbah for my stream.

Altheran
02.16.2014 , 01:04 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoom_VI View Post

Moar ammo drones plz.
I feel you. Really. I don't often run out of ammo on my StarGuard, but when I do I feel the lack of power. In addition, I'm using a build where I have shields that refill very fast, and easily. I really don't have a need for a shield repairing drone, but yet anyone I've been grouped with use the shield repair option or don't seem to have it yet.

Gavin_Kelvar
02.16.2014 , 01:44 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by DEATHICIDE View Post
The only times I find myself running out of ammo is during lopsided matches where I am simply hunter-killing the entire time, and even then it takes some time to run out.
This pretty much for me as well.

I would like it though if repair drones had a distinct icon on the minimap though. They've kept me in the fight plenty of times but sometimes they're the devil to find (at least I haven't seen repair drones getting special icons on the minimap).

I still think though that they should add a repair/ammo drone to the capital ships, especially now with TDM since the time spent idling while you get repaired/resupplied is probably preferable for the team than getting blown out of the sky or having less combat capabilities (either way you basically are "respawning" except idling to get repaired/resupplied doesn't cost your team a point whereas dying does).

Luneward
02.16.2014 , 04:17 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Gavin_Kelvar View Post
I still think though that they should add a repair/ammo drone to the capital ships, especially now with TDM since the time spent idling while you get repaired/resupplied is probably preferable for the team than getting blown out of the sky or having less combat capabilities (either way you basically are "respawning" except idling to get repaired/resupplied doesn't cost your team a point whereas dying does).
Eh, doubt they'll add that. You can generally expect to find a repair drone at a sat in a domination game. While I know it is time consuming, you just need to look for a weapon powerup to refill your ammo.
Steelwind / Kaillen * The Ebon Hawk