Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

My concealment Op is so Op its not even fun to play

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
My concealment Op is so Op its not even fun to play

HexDecimalUK's Avatar


HexDecimalUK
02.14.2014 , 05:25 PM | #1
Have you ever had a buddy you 1v1'd in a game, any game and its just like you try and give them a chance as best as possible but really your just toying with them, Thats how my Op is now, in terms of tactics against any class itas more one sided than a madness sorc vs a VG jug that didnt take the overwhelm or unstoppable skills, and damage wise every target might as well not be wearing gear at all. Since the patch iv solo'd multiple players using vanish/sap and flash bangs on nodes/doors, iv walked away from marauders, powertechs, even lightning sorcs with full health and at first i was feeling like my hard work mastering the class while it was "unviable" was being rewarded and that i was simply skilled but it was long after i really warmed up on the class before i just walked away from fights thinking what is wrong with this picture, Iv gotten good at a class for nothing because its so easy a monkey could play it now and own ppl with the simplist PVE playstyle and next month its getting changed so much that my entire playstyle that i worked for so long on is totally invalid. TY EAware for dumbing down yet another good game to appease the lowest common denominator.

Before the Op took hard work to play but no more than any other class, i played it more often than most of my level 55s and never felt like i was at any disadvantage now i dare not even touch my other classes because i know exactly whats coming for me, ME! or so to speak.

Now im seeing how they are going to rebalance them and its like, whats the point? how will the Op stand out from any other melee? it had a perfect trade off between casuing resolve and burst damage you hit them hard but white barred them as quick so you had to be cunning and use the environment to your advantage, pick your situations, and now its just a rinse and repeat free kill rotation that is as satisfying as going to tatooine and solo ganking a lvl 20 clicker. And before you come at me with cure acid, this and trinket the second stun that, the acid does not clense most of the time and by the time you do get back on your feet your almost dead and all they need to do is re apply the acid with back stab, chiv, lacerate, overload shot GG they dont even need stealth to do that as the role procs evasion which sheds any root or dot and blocks incoming ranged and melee attacks but if you think you can handle that and apear to be doing so, they can always vanaish and hit you with that 9K hidden strike/lacerate.

Anyway my point is they were fine how they were and if your really feel they wernt then maybe an auto crit should just be worked into the previous build to give them some consistency.

Anyway that's my thoughts on the subject, just wanted to toss that in on the pile as one of the few Players running a DPS Op pre-patch
<RISK>
Hex'DecimalUK-Pyro HexDesecrate-Lightning Shatterclipse-VG/Immortal
Hex'DecímalUK-concealment HexDecimus-Madness Blaster'Chief-AP

Ren_simp's Avatar


Ren_simp
02.14.2014 , 05:52 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by HexDecimalUK View Post
Have you ever had a buddy you 1v1'd in a game, any game and its just like you try and give them a chance as best as possible but really your just toying with them, Thats how my Op is now, in terms of tactics against any class itas more one sided than a madness sorc vs a VG jug that didnt take the overwhelm or unstoppable skills, and damage wise every target might as well not be wearing gear at all. Since the patch iv solo'd multiple players using vanish/sap and flash bangs on nodes/doors, iv walked away from marauders, powertechs, even lightning sorcs with full health and at first i was feeling like my hard work mastering the class while it was "unviable" was being rewarded and that i was simply skilled but it was long after i really warmed up on the class before i just walked away from fights thinking what is wrong with this picture, Iv gotten good at a class for nothing because its so easy a monkey could play it now and own ppl with the simplist PVE playstyle and next month its getting changed so much that my entire playstyle that i worked for so long on is totally invalid. TY EAware for dumbing down yet another good game to appease the lowest common denominator.

Before the Op took hard work to play but no more than any other class, i played it more often than most of my level 55s and never felt like i was at any disadvantage now i dare not even touch my other classes because i know exactly whats coming for me, ME! or so to speak.

Now im seeing how they are going to rebalance them and its like, whats the point? how will the Op stand out from any other melee? it had a perfect trade off between casuing resolve and burst damage you hit them hard but white barred them as quick so you had to be cunning and use the environment to your advantage, pick your situations, and now its just a rinse and repeat free kill rotation that is as satisfying as going to tatooine and solo ganking a lvl 20 clicker. And before you come at me with cure acid, this and trinket the second stun that, the acid does not clense most of the time and by the time you do get back on your feet your almost dead and all they need to do is re apply the acid with back stab, chiv, lacerate, overload shot GG they dont even need stealth to do that as the role procs evasion which sheds any root or dot and blocks incoming ranged and melee attacks but if you think you can handle that and apear to be doing so, they can always vanaish and hit you with that 9K hidden strike/lacerate.

Anyway my point is they were fine how they were and if your really feel they wernt then maybe an auto crit should just be worked into the previous build to give them some consistency.

Anyway that's my thoughts on the subject, just wanted to toss that in on the pile as one of the few Players running a DPS Op pre-patch
I have had no trouble dealing with Scrappers before and after the patch if you knew how to handle them
They have always been an easy kill.

HaoZhao's Avatar


HaoZhao
02.14.2014 , 05:56 PM | #3
Operative sure is good at beating newbies at 1-on-1. When they introduce the 1-on1 duelling queue in 2030, you'll be the king, for sure.

CheechMacho's Avatar


CheechMacho
02.14.2014 , 06:28 PM | #4
I disagree with you completely. Nothing has really changed for us Operatives with 2.6 and it looks like it will be worse in 2.7.

If you are a good player and know what you are doing, an operative is an easy kill assuming you have full health. You survive the initial burst and react.

If I catch you with no CD and low HP, you are dead. If your in PVE gear, your dead. Same as it was pre 2.6. Now your dead 1 shiv sooner.

If you noticed, all the QQ threads about Operatives have gone to the wayside after 2 weeks because everyone knows they overacted. And now with Hidden Strike knockdown being removed next patch, its one and only ICONIC move since launch is gone.

Tell me how our fellow Assassin class gets to keep its knockdown and have more survivability. The gap widens between the 2 stealth classes.

No way is concealment operative OP.
<Public Enemies>

CheechMacho's Avatar


CheechMacho
02.14.2014 , 06:29 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by HaoZhao View Post
Operative sure is good at beating newbies at 1-on-1. When they introduce the 1-on1 duelling queue in 2030, you'll be the king, for sure.
Love it. Too funny...
<Public Enemies>

HexDecimalUK's Avatar


HexDecimalUK
02.14.2014 , 06:30 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Ren_simp View Post
I have had no trouble dealing with Scrappers before and after the patch if you knew how to handle them
They have always been an easy kill.
And how DO you handle being stunned for half you health twice? i hear alot of people talking that they can deal with opsbut im yet to see and thats from the side holding the vibroknife. so please tell me what it is that everyone else iv 2-shanked isn't doing .
I look at this way, do i walk away from marauders with 100% health on any other of my equally geared classes?
<RISK>
Hex'DecimalUK-Pyro HexDesecrate-Lightning Shatterclipse-VG/Immortal
Hex'DecímalUK-concealment HexDecimus-Madness Blaster'Chief-AP

MidichIorian's Avatar


MidichIorian
02.14.2014 , 06:36 PM | #7
The ones I've come across havent been convincing so if it's only 1 out of 100 operatives I have to worry about then it's no different than any other AC.

HaoZhao's Avatar


HaoZhao
02.14.2014 , 06:41 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by HexDecimalUK View Post
And how DO you handle being stunned for half you health twice? i hear alot of people talking that they can deal with opsbut im yet to see and thats from the side holding the vibroknife. so please tell me what it is that everyone else iv 2-shanked isn't doing .
I look at this way, do i walk away from marauders with 100% health on any other of my equally geared classes?
I kind of sit there and take it while the guy next to me crushes you into a sticky paste. You know, because you're a less lethal deception assassin that dies twice as fast.

Don't worry about those 8 vs. 8s and 4 vs. 4s. One day we will realize our dream of a 1 vs. 1 queue and concealment won't be rubbish anymore.

HexDecimalUK's Avatar


HexDecimalUK
02.14.2014 , 06:45 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by HaoZhao View Post
I kind of sit there and take it while the guy next to me crushes you into a sticky paste. You know, because you're a less lethal deception assassin that dies twice as fast.

Don't worry about those 8 vs. 8s and 4 vs. 4s. One day we will realize our dream of a 1 vs. 1 queue and concealment won't be rubbish anymore.
are you srsly telling me im the only one sapping your buddy before hitting you and flash banging him the second he breaks it? im sure the other 99% will catch on soon enough.
And btw, deception? rly? you mean to say the class that has to perform 3 global cool downs that dont even do damge (spike/voltaic slash twice) and then has to leave combat before he can repeat the shock/discharge that hit for what? 6K each? that class with the massive glowstick that anyone can see a mile away that has no unroot or defense against ranged attacks such as snipe/unload ect? that wears lighter armour actually. i suppose they could low slash, crushing darkness, maul, wrecklessness, discharge, shock, discharge but pulling that combo off is easiuer said than done in the middle of an 8vs8 respect to those who can!
<RISK>
Hex'DecimalUK-Pyro HexDesecrate-Lightning Shatterclipse-VG/Immortal
Hex'DecímalUK-concealment HexDecimus-Madness Blaster'Chief-AP

HaoZhao's Avatar


HaoZhao
02.14.2014 , 07:01 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by HexDecimalUK View Post
are you srsly telling me im the only one sapping your buddy before hitting you and flash banging him the second he breaks it? im sure the other 99% will catch on soon enough.
And btw, deception? rly? you mean to say the class that has to perform 3 global cool downs that dont even do damge (spike/voltaic slash twice) and then has to leave combat before he can repeat the shock/discharge that hit for what? 6K each? that class with the massive glowstick that anyone can see a mile away that has no unroot or defense against ranged attacks such as snipe/unload ect? that wears lighter armour actually. i suppose they could low slash, crushing darkness, maul, wrecklessness, discharge, shock, discharge but pulling that combo off is easiuer said than done in the middle of an 8vs8 respect to those who can!
No one is going to waste stun break on debilitate in serious PVP, man. All of your strategies here only work against PVE players in unranked who are only playing to get the daily.

Yes, deception, really. That class that can hit you with a massive duplicity powered maul twice in a row. That class that gets a melee critical boost from critical force attacks, which are all but guaranteed. Yes, that deception assassin that gets a gigantic damage reduction from blackout instead of a useless speed boost. That blackout that finishes cooling off automatically when he comes back from stealth to spike you again.

There's a reason why there's plenty of assassins in ranked arenas and no concealment operatives.