Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Do people actually like deathmatch?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Do people actually like deathmatch?

okiobe
02.15.2014 , 05:03 PM | #21
This is the reason I like deathmatch.

Quote: Originally Posted by MCaliban View Post
In domination mode, I often had to guard the satellite because most of my team was running around the map like idiots. Deathmatches allow me to run around the map like an idiot.
The HarbingerThe First Order
Okiobe 55 Commando Mirque 55 Operative
The Ebon Hawk - Mujo
www.twitch.tv/okiobe

Phatsac
02.15.2014 , 08:28 PM | #22
Love Deathmatch ~
Snoogins
PhatsacVanguard
<The Silver Order>
The Harbinger

phalczen
02.15.2014 , 08:43 PM | #23
Team deathmatch adds to the variety in much the same way that arenas add to warzones. It gives me a chance to use my gunship more often, and I find myself dogfighting a lot there too.

I do, however, have two gripes:

1) Powerups take away all the sense of immersion for me, and turn it into an arcade game rather than a true integrated component to the whole of SWTOR. Then again, we have speed, healing, and damage powerups in all the ground warzones too, so maybe i'm not being fair.

2) I wish there were more game modes released before TDM, just like there were five warzone maps before they introduced arenas. Still, it was probably the easiest of all to design and breaks up the monotony.

CyberneticDucks
02.17.2014 , 12:53 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Joonbeams View Post
I'm surprised, given how much people hate arenas, that people seem to like this. I actually like arenas but I loathe deathmatch and dread these pops - which are also long too (unlike Arenas). It seems so utterly pointless. It's so antithetical to what, during pre-release, GSF was about: strategy and objectives. Now it's just mine, mine, kill, drone, mine, kill, mine...Lemme see how many kills I can get. Nothing to defend, nothing to try to cap.

Anyway... I feel better now. Thanks.

/QQ
i stopped using my bomber in death matches altogether. it would always say i wasn't contributing when the thing could only boost for 5 seconds, has massive power draw, and it can barely turn at all.
people on the internet are only mean because they can get away with it

Korithras
02.17.2014 , 12:57 AM | #25
I like it in the same sense of huttball for warzones: When it's a game that's going real well for your side, it's really fun. When you're the side that's just getting pounded into the floor? It's a suckfest.

CaliJoe
02.17.2014 , 01:08 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Morgrid View Post
TDM gives me a chance to play "Chase the Bomber".

I'm the bomber.
lol!
Wild speculation on forums? When does that happen? The Harbinger - Fumanshu Legacy
Repub: Jafaean(Arms), Zelgen(Artifice), Espellah(Cyber), Jabender(Synthweave)
Imp: Vindrock(Armor), Antshell(BioChem), Li'Larish, Kenevil

dancezwithnubz
02.17.2014 , 01:41 AM | #27
i'm finding TDM a lot more fun than Domination. which is odd as I like objective based game modes.

the weapon power-ups are awesome to reload my rocket pods.

MCaliban
02.17.2014 , 02:44 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Korithras View Post
I like it in the same sense of huttball for warzones: When it's a game that's going real well for your side, it's really fun. When you're the side that's just getting pounded into the floor? It's a suckfest.
I've gotten wafflestomped in Domination and wafflestomped in Deathmatch, and getting my butt kicked in Deathmatch is far less painful for me.
Better to be the tail of a dragon than the head of a lizard.

HoloGrinder
02.17.2014 , 02:51 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Joonbeams View Post
I'm surprised, given how much people hate arenas, that people seem to like this. I actually like arenas but I loathe deathmatch and dread these pops - which are also long too (unlike Arenas). It seems so utterly pointless. It's so antithetical to what, during pre-release, GSF was about: strategy and objectives. Now it's just mine, mine, kill, drone, mine, kill, mine...Lemme see how many kills I can get. Nothing to defend, nothing to try to cap.

Anyway... I feel better now. Thanks.

/QQ
I like DM but they really need to implement a way to stop people from hiding at there capitol ship... Maybe an incidental chance of friendly fire from the capitol ship? Maybe there is no capitol ship in this mode? Something that would stop the cowards from hiding on it.

MCaliban
02.17.2014 , 03:00 AM | #30
The only time I see people hiding at their capital ship is when the opposing team has slaughtered them and set up camp right outside the ship.
Better to be the tail of a dragon than the head of a lizard.