Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Do people actually like deathmatch?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Do people actually like deathmatch?

Joonbeams
02.14.2014 , 03:54 PM | #1
I'm surprised, given how much people hate arenas, that people seem to like this. I actually like arenas but I loathe deathmatch and dread these pops - which are also long too (unlike Arenas). It seems so utterly pointless. It's so antithetical to what, during pre-release, GSF was about: strategy and objectives. Now it's just mine, mine, kill, drone, mine, kill, mine...Lemme see how many kills I can get. Nothing to defend, nothing to try to cap.

Anyway... I feel better now. Thanks.

/QQ

BrianDavion
02.14.2014 , 03:57 PM | #2
I enjoy it as it shakes up whats good and what isn't. truthfully I find it gives strike fighters a chance to really shine

Sindariel
02.14.2014 , 04:05 PM | #3
I like deathmatch more than dominion matches these days.

Dominion has become horribly boring since bombers were introduced.

Zoom_VI
02.14.2014 , 04:16 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Sindariel View Post

idk most of my TDM look like Van Gogh's Starry Night with all the gunship railgun charging auras.

WTB dogfighting
Crinn

Sanity is for the weak minded.

Joonbeams
02.14.2014 , 04:22 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Sindariel View Post

Yeah, remember waaaaaaaaaay back in the good ollllllllll days of GSF? Miss those days....

Vid-szhite
02.14.2014 , 04:58 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Joonbeams View Post
I'm surprised, given how much people hate arenas, that people seem to like this. I actually like arenas but I loathe deathmatch and dread these pops - which are also long too (unlike Arenas). It seems so utterly pointless. It's so antithetical to what, during pre-release, GSF was about: strategy and objectives. Now it's just mine, mine, kill, drone, mine, kill, mine...Lemme see how many kills I can get. Nothing to defend, nothing to try to cap.

/QQ
I like TDM. It gives me a chance to use my Gunship without sitting at an objective all match being bored, and it gives you good practice at dogfighting and escaping with all ships. I wish objectives would pop more often, but I do still like TDM.

Also, power-ups are a big game-changer, and a damage power up can briefly turn you into death incarnate, no matter what ship you pick. That's so much fun.

Morgrid
02.14.2014 , 05:08 PM | #7
TDM gives me a chance to play "Chase the Bomber".

I'm the bomber.

-Streven-
02.14.2014 , 05:22 PM | #8
I love TDM. The action isn't spread out across three zones and when you have lots of fighters engaged in one big furball the dogfights have more of an epic feel to them.

Plus bombers are less effective, easier to avoid if you want to, and function more as support (the role I like them in).

Morgrid
02.14.2014 , 06:06 PM | #9
Dogfighting minelayer.

Unless someone is on it at all times, people are going to hit mines :3

Zharik
02.14.2014 , 06:25 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Joonbeams View Post

/QQ
If I get a lot of these in a row I will get bored with them, but the 12 v 12 matches are fun. The 8 v 8 ones go slow if evenly matched. I would actually like to see the total kill count needed reduced to 35 for 8 v 8.

It also gets frustrating when the opposing team hides in their capitol ship area.
<Alt-a-holic's Anonymous>
President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, Members (x18).

My Referral Link for some Free things (for you and me)