Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Class Changes Coming in Game Update 2.7

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Class Changes Coming in Game Update 2.7
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Infernixx's Avatar


Infernixx
02.14.2014 , 03:26 PM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by Mazanator View Post
This change is actually HUUUUGE! Think about all the mechanics you can cheese with this. Snipers already could cheese pretty hard with the roll and entrench but with this it's kind of great haha.

But I really think the Combat team should rethink the Orbital changes for Marksman. As they said they'd like to have it in the Engineering tree but in it's current state it's just really bad. Maybe have some sort of damage multiplier if it hits more than 2 targets like x1.5 or x2 as it's really bad to use even for AoE or a filler. What about Death from above it's instantly castable and does way more damage, is that not "overpowered"?
DFA/MV = Channeled AOE

OS/FB = Fire and Forget AOE.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

Balladeer's Avatar


Balladeer
02.14.2014 , 03:45 PM | #142
So they are taking the lowest dps character and reducing the only decent hit that it really has. This really negates using them in pvp. That aoe hit has been the bane of many squishy players and could turn the tide in a battle if executed next to weakened healers. Of course that is the reason why it is being nerfed but the complaints come from those who have higher dps so I am perplexed at the decision by the devs to reduce it.

NightWalker-'s Avatar


NightWalker-
02.14.2014 , 07:39 PM | #143
If you nerf marauder you have one subscriber less, im just quit this game and feeding you because stupid people dont deserve for feeding. So go ahead nerf mara and you can suck me

Ravagin's Avatar


Ravagin
02.15.2014 , 12:29 AM | #144
This update is extremely disappointing, not because of any of the specific changes (although several are eye-rolling bad at best), but because it points to a Dev team that is flailing without a viable balancing strategy.
As much as I've enjoyed playing this game with my guildies, the Devs continue to take one step forward, two steps back far too often for me to continue devoting my time and $$$ to it.
Time to look seriously for an alternative game.

Rasen's Avatar


Rasen
02.15.2014 , 12:44 AM | #145
Quote: Originally Posted by Ravagin View Post
This update is extremely disappointing, not because of any of the specific changes (although several are eye-rolling bad at best), but because it points to a Dev team that is flailing without a viable balancing strategy.
As much as I've enjoyed playing this game with my guildies, the Devs continue to take one step forward, two steps back far too often for me to continue devoting my time and $$$ to it.
Time to look seriously for an alternative game.
I'd advise you do because if you think these changes are bad then you have not played any of said classes let alone on a competitive level let alone at a skilled level. Don't know what you have been doing with your time, but it has surely not been spent playing the game.

I'm really starting to believe that I have been posting in the wrong forums for years lol. The opinions here are so stupid and uneducated in relation to the game. It is like people are playing two different games. One the forum crowd has made up and one the in game crowd is playing. For people to say Sentinels are the weakest when they populate a 1/4 of every PUG ops and every PvP match. And at a higher level always find a place in raids. (Can't speak of ranked too much because they don't happen on the overwhelming majority of servers so it is kind of irrelevant no?) To say smash shouldn't be nerfed, Operatives shouldn't be nerfed nor get exfiltrate to be more useful, focused defense didn't need a total redesign and so much more is pure and unadulterated insanity.

On top of that we got a bunch of children saying suck it and whining about lunch??? I think these forums have finally broken my mind!!!!

NightWalker-'s Avatar


NightWalker-
02.15.2014 , 05:27 AM | #146
Dude im not children i have 31 y0 and this is my opinion and my choice so dont call anybody children i think you are one of ea team. I wish the best for this game but im sure if they nerf marauders and sentinels ( the most hard to play classes ) im quit. Anyway DayZ looks interesting and have less bugs and lags in version alfa than swtor.

BadUpdates's Avatar


BadUpdates
02.15.2014 , 06:21 AM | #147
Quote: Originally Posted by NightWalker- View Post
If you nerf marauder you have one subscriber less, im just quit this game and feeding you because stupid people dont deserve for feeding. So go ahead nerf mara and you can suck me
Going by your use of the English language you have far less brain cells then the developers who are trying to make this game what it is, You have no place to call them stupid.

I will also mention your one ability to play this game is based on Force Leap into Smash, Learn the 2 other specializations there is to play.

NightWalker-'s Avatar


NightWalker-
02.15.2014 , 06:27 AM | #148
Quote: Originally Posted by BadUpdates View Post
Going by your use of the English language you have far less brain cells then the developers who are trying to make this game what it is, You have no place to call them stupid.

I will also mention your one ability to play this game is based on Force Leap into Smash, Learn the 2 other specializations there is to play.
Another huge fan of ea

AlrikFassbauer's Avatar


AlrikFassbauer
02.15.2014 , 06:28 AM | #149
Quote: Originally Posted by BadUpdates View Post
Going by your use of the English language you have far less brain cells then the developers who are trying to make this game what it is, You have no place to call them stupid.
What if English isn't his or her first language ?

Then you are accusing a foreigner of having "less brain cells then the developers" based on the use of language alone, which is basically racist thinking.
I'm a bad player.
I have no good reputation.
I never will.
Only bad reputation.

NightWalker-'s Avatar


NightWalker-
02.15.2014 , 07:06 AM | #150
Exacly english language is not my lang but i know three lang and how many you know BadUpdates?