Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Changes Coming in Game Update 2.7

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Class Changes Coming in Game Update 2.7
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Gamesux
02.13.2014 , 08:28 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Sangrar View Post
yeah I agree, pvp and pve are both equally important, both deserve equal recognition as both draw in and are supported by large groups of players.
You know what's not equally important though? GSF. it's nothing but a POS to PvP'ers

Reno_Tarshil
02.13.2014 , 08:32 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by Gamesux View Post
You know what's not equally important though? GSF. it's nothing but a POS to PvP'ers
I disagree.
Back in Black (and redder)!
The Sith Lord of Butterfly Catching has returned.

http://www.swtor.com/r/kpq6FY for free stuff and thangs.

Telaan
02.13.2014 , 08:40 PM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
One thing to keep in mind is that Game Update 2.7 marks the end of Season 1 of Ranked Arenas. You will notice quite a few of these changes are targetted at PvP specifically, it is our goal that you will typically see "bigger" Class PvP changes between seasons.

-eric
If your goal was to make juggernauts and guardians even more useless in ranked, and WZs in general: mission accomplished. Focus was already garbage in ranked; no need for further explanation need on that.

The fd/ed changes are just stupid. FD and ED is an excellent mid level defensive cd, which was only being hurt by the initial focus/rage cost. Simply eliminating the initial focus/rage cost would have been sufficient. Show me where guardians and juggernauts were asking for another strong defensive cd on a long timer.... This is a serious overall survivability hit, especially to vig/veng, to an already squishy DPS class.

And giving defense/immortal another strong defensive cd? They already have the best cds ingame. The reason no one wants them in pvp is because they hit like a wet noodle.

/facepalm
Kype Lightwave/Telaan Lightwave -Pot5- "Pistols' RP Apprentice"
Telaan Lightwave Pre-CU Jedi Knight -JKO- Bloodfin
Master LS/Master Defender/Healing 2xxx/Enhancer xxx3

Kailaurius
02.13.2014 , 08:54 PM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks!
You will get to see the rewards we have planned for Season 1 and the ranks required to achieve them. I am very excited for you guys to see them.
Ha Ha, awesome!

Congrats to PoT5 and the other servers, who get ranked arenas, on your rewards.

JediMasterSLC
02.13.2014 , 09:22 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by Sangrar View Post
Anyway, any word at all about madness assassins? Last I checked they were considered the worst spec for assassin for pvp, is there any change on that?
Worst in the game even

Sangrar
02.13.2014 , 09:23 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterSLC View Post
Worst in the game even
so, devs, you guys ever going to go into fixing that spec by chance?
Click this REFFERAL LINK for free character transfer, free inventory slot, and one week free sub time for preferred and subscribed accounts! You can read more about it HERE

Gamesux
02.13.2014 , 10:28 PM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by Rasen View Post
Half of what you said makes no sense, but I won't entertain you. It doesn't seem like you play this game much if you complain about the changes to exfiltrate, smash, melee and pretty much everything you listed.
Those who had problems with Scamper, Smash and melee in general are just bads. This nerf patch goes to show you that BW has absolutely no idea what they're doing.

BurnedRemains
02.13.2014 , 10:35 PM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by Gamesux View Post
Those who had problems with Scamper, Smash and melee in general are just bads. This nerf patch goes to show you that BW has absolutely no idea what they're doing.
DING DING DING! WE HAVE A WINNER!! I would give you some cookies if I could.