Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Update 2.7 Gunslinger Changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Smuggler > Gunslinger
Game Update 2.7 Gunslinger Changes

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TaitWatson
02.13.2014 , 11:10 AM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey everyone!

There are some survivability changes coming to Gunslingers in Game Update 2.7 that I wanted to let you all know about:
  • Defense Screen's cooldown has been reduced to 20 seconds, its maximum duration reduced to 10 seconds, and now absorbs slightly more damage per cast.
  • Hold Position now causes Dodge to give the Gunslinger a 100% chance to resist Tech and Force attacks for 3 seconds.

These adjustments should not be considered final as they are still subject to change, but we wanted to let you know what we had currently for you guys in 2.7.

Thanks!

-tw
Tait "pariahloki" Watson | Community Production Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

NoFishing
02.13.2014 , 02:40 PM | #2
Wow, a survivability buff? Not sure we actually need that...

AngelFluttershy
02.13.2014 , 02:56 PM | #3
Thanks for the buffs, I think? I know these aren't all the possible 2.7 changes but I was hoping for something more substantial, like tree redesigns or something having to do with damage dealing.

Anyway, thanks for the update. I won't look a gift horse in the mouth!

Lalainnia
02.13.2014 , 03:09 PM | #4
what talent is hold postion? do you mean hunker down?
Donna-Commando-Combat Medic
When we care for others our own strength to live increases. When we help people expand their state of life, our lives also expand. Actions to benefit others are not separate from actions to benefit oneself.

Technohic
02.13.2014 , 03:10 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Lalainnia View Post
what talent is hold postion? do you mean hunker down?
Its the passive ability you get for being a slinger over a scoundrel that gives you the interrupt and leap immunity.
Technohic - Sniper | Techno-Hic - Gunslinger | Cihonhcet - Scoundrel
Karnrage - Assassin | Egarnrak - Sage
Techen - Merc | Nehcet - Vanguard | Carnrage - Marauder | Egarnrac - Guardian
POT5

Lalainnia
02.13.2014 , 03:11 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
Its the passive ability you get for being a slinger over a scoundrel that gives you the interrupt and leap immunity.
tyvm
Donna-Commando-Combat Medic
When we care for others our own strength to live increases. When we help people expand their state of life, our lives also expand. Actions to benefit others are not separate from actions to benefit oneself.

Helmholtzz
02.13.2014 , 03:14 PM | #7
So basically a 3 sec immunity? Correct me if I am wrong, but dodge already grants 100% chance to avoid melee and ranged attacks. With the addition of force and tech, it covers everything. THANKS Immunity for three seconds sounds awesome. Also the change in defense screen is also very nice.

Please if you can spend 1 afternoon playing MM you will see the rotation is out of sync right now. If you can fix that, it would be awesome

Hold position is the passive ability of gunslinger that grants then 20% damage reduction against ranged attack and immunity from interrupt.
Dead on Arrival Begeren Colony
Ascension Jedi Covenant
Instead of loving your enemies - treat your friends a little better.
Rööt Baree Dragonslayer Infernõ

Helmholtzz
02.13.2014 , 03:46 PM | #8
Ok fellow gunslingers might hate me for this but I have to bring it up here:

Dirty Fighting tree has a skill to reduce the cool down of defense screen by 15 seconds (hold your ground) this will mean dirty fighting gunslinger can pop defense screen every 5 seconds. I dont know if that is intended by the devs.
Dead on Arrival Begeren Colony
Ascension Jedi Covenant
Instead of loving your enemies - treat your friends a little better.
Rööt Baree Dragonslayer Infernõ

Technohic
02.13.2014 , 03:48 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Helmholtzz View Post

Dirty Fighting tree has a skill to reduce the cool down of defense screen by 15 seconds (hold your ground) this will mean dirty fighting gunslinger can pop defense screen every 5 seconds. I dont know if that is intended by the devs.
Check the dev tracker. They say that will change.
Technohic - Sniper | Techno-Hic - Gunslinger | Cihonhcet - Scoundrel
Karnrage - Assassin | Egarnrak - Sage
Techen - Merc | Nehcet - Vanguard | Carnrage - Marauder | Egarnrac - Guardian
POT5

NoFishing
02.13.2014 , 03:59 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Helmholtzz View Post

Yeah they've already said that will change. Too bad - I was looking forward to my new tank spec :-)