Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Update 2.7 Sniper Changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Imperial Agent > Sniper
Game Update 2.7 Sniper Changes

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TaitWatson
02.13.2014 , 11:08 AM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Morning all!

There are some survivability changes coming to Snipers in Game Update 2.7 that I wanted to let you all know about:
  • Shield Probe's cooldown has been reduced to 20 seconds, its maximum duration reduced to 10 seconds, and now absorbs slightly more damage per cast.
  • Hold Position now causes Evasion to give the Sniper a 100% chance to resist Tech and Force attacks for 3 seconds.

These adjustments should not be considered final as they are still subject to change, but we wanted to let you know what we had currently for you guys in 2.7.

Thanks!

-tw
Tait "pariahloki" Watson | Community Production Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

jack__
02.13.2014 , 02:44 PM | #2
So with these changes, evasion allows snipers 3 seconds of complete invincibility, I am not sure i like the sound if that. At least marauders have to pay half their life to get that.
"Better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." -Abraham Lincoln

DieGhostDie
02.13.2014 , 02:49 PM | #3
Overall, decent quality of life defensive buffs for Snipers. I am still concerned that they haven't made any QoL changes to Engineering yet but then again, this isn't final so we'll see.
<Intrepid> of The Harbinger
Prompto -retired gunslinger DPS- Shulk -mercenary-
5/5 DF and 4/5 DP Nitmod (Sike nah #LOLezmod) Content
Marksmanship Guide // Sharpshooter Guide FOREVER POWERED BY CHIPOTLE MEXICAN GRILL

ChickenEveryday
02.13.2014 , 02:58 PM | #4
Oh my god yes.
The Red Eclipse : ChrisTucker 55 Sniper
55 Assassin 55 Scoundrel
51 Merc 50 Powertech
52 Guardian 55 Marauder

cashogy_reborn
02.13.2014 , 02:59 PM | #5
5s cooldown on Shield Probe for Leth Snipers?
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

JaingSkiratapwns
02.13.2014 , 03:03 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
You beat me to it. I was going to post just that. I'm assuming there will be modification to that box?
[
Plays on POT5

AngelFluttershy
02.13.2014 , 03:13 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by JaingSkiratapwns View Post
You beat me to it. I was going to post just that. I'm assuming there will be modification to that box?
There has to be, or else people just macro that ability to trigger every 5 seconds. EMP Discharge applying to Shield Probe would pale in comparison to the Lethality passive.

TaitWatson
02.13.2014 , 03:13 PM | #8 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
That talent is being adjusted. It won't be a 5 second cooldown.

-tw
Tait "pariahloki" Watson | Community Production Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Svii
02.13.2014 , 03:45 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by TaitWatson View Post
[color=#F9D648][*]Hold Position now causes Evasion to give the Sniper a 100% chance to resist Tech and Force attacks for 3 seconds.[/LIST]
Hold Position is a passive skill you gain while in _cover_.

I assume you lose this perk when you exit cover (with evasion active), in other words you must use it while in Cover for the extra effect?

PS. Orbital Strike "bug" has not been adressed Give us back some of the delicious damage ^^

Impetus Norvegicus - ToFN
We're looking for progression raiders!
Click for details

BaineOs
02.13.2014 , 03:52 PM | #10
Didn't see those changes coming but they do make sense.

Very interesting change to evasion, I can see it coming in useful in a variety of situations but if there's assassins on the opposing team I can see it being saved for them. With our cc capabilities it does make me think whether they'll be more QQ from the warrior classes (not that I'm complaining!).

Will be interesting to see how that talent in lethality will be changed.
Quote: Originally Posted by Svii View Post
I assume you lose this perk when you exit cover (with evasion active), in other words you must use it while in Cover for the extra effect?
You mirror my own thoughts dude, would make sense.
Es'carli D'Lakutos - Engineering Sniper
<Lord of the Drinks>
The Red Eclipse