Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Update 2.7 Sentinel Changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Jedi Knight > Sentinel
Game Update 2.7 Sentinel Changes

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Atlanis
04.07.2014 , 07:07 PM | #201
Well time to start experimenting: Thread

Lets find the OP PvP Spec after we found the holy grail of PvE Dotsmash
Arminus
Guildleader - Omnikron - @Jarkai Sword
"Guarded by the Force should be renamed Seppuku"

Ramtar
04.19.2014 , 07:42 AM | #202
Two hybrid I run: Burn2Root and Burn2Smash
Level 55s: Sentinel, Guardian, Juggernaut, Gunslinger, Sorcerer

Targarion
05.15.2014 , 04:42 PM | #203
Quote: Originally Posted by Chaos_Distortion View Post
There should have never been a spec that could do huge amounts of burst aoe damage in pvp to begin with. That's why Bioware has been nerfing all aoe skills in pvp to not be as effective, Single Target should always do more damage than aoe in pvp.
I know this is an old post, but I wanted to reply to this. AOE damage has it's place in pvp as much as AOE healing. If you are allowed to heal multiple targets, then it's not unreasonable to have the ability to do AOE damage.

If BW wanted to make PVP about dueling than I suspect they would have 1 vs 1 duel matches. The way things are going in PVP atm, I ask why the heck not?

At any rate I think focus was fine the way it was, and as a healer I had no problems ever healing throw AOE damage.
Legenz-Miamaden-Madhypocrisy
EXILES-Banished
GENESISLEGACY

Targarion
05.15.2014 , 04:55 PM | #204
Quote: Originally Posted by Dyvim View Post
Excellent point, one that I raised as soon as I saw it...how can EAWare justify having a WHOLE tree that works fundamentally differently in pve vs pvp. The WHOLE TREE is based on sweep. When you change, fundamentally, how sweep works, you should either scrap the tree or redesign the tree....and to set the precedent of now having whole trees work different in pve vs pvp is TERRIBLE design.

It is clear that no genuine, quality thought went into this nerf festival.
The problem with BW is that they have always catered to complainers as a model for success and look where that's got them. The people who actually know what they are talking about, left the game, or are completely ignored by BW.

Focus is suppose to do immediate up front damage vs damage over time. That's what it makes it a pvp skill tree. nerfing a pvp skill tree to improve the PVE skill trees is just making diversity in the game obsolete.
Legenz-Miamaden-Madhypocrisy
EXILES-Banished
GENESISLEGACY