Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Update 2.7 Sentinel Changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Jedi Knight > Sentinel
Game Update 2.7 Sentinel Changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Coltraine
02.21.2014 , 09:13 PM | #171
Can we please talk about watchman for a minute? Any anti-sitting duck mechanism planned? What about making the root breaking mechanism from combat spec available to all specs? Uncleansable overload saber? I don't know....something?!?

Dyvim
02.21.2014 , 09:41 PM | #172
Quote: Originally Posted by Coltraine View Post
Can we please talk about watchman for a minute? Any anti-sitting duck mechanism planned? What about making the root breaking mechanism from combat spec available to all specs? Uncleansable overload saber? I don't know....something?!?
One disaster per thread please :P
The Crystal is the Heart of the Blade.
The Heart is the Crystal of the Jedi.
The Jedi is the Crystal of the Force.
The Force is the Blade of the Heart.
All are Intertwined...the Crystal, the Blade, the Jedi...

mcpark
02.21.2014 , 09:45 PM | #173
Watchman was the smash of the day until all the QQ about it they nerfed it to the ground.

Dyvim
02.22.2014 , 12:38 AM | #174
OK, fine...how about a debuff applied by Merciless Slash that makes DoTs uncleanable for x amount of time, or as the debuff stacks, less and less of the DoT is cleansable....SOMETHING like that has to happen or it will never be viable in pvp....right now, DoT cleaning is trivial, so the spec is trivial, kind of like EAWare is making the whole damn class trivial....

Now, back to the previously scheduled EAWare trainwreck.
The Crystal is the Heart of the Blade.
The Heart is the Crystal of the Jedi.
The Jedi is the Crystal of the Force.
The Force is the Blade of the Heart.
All are Intertwined...the Crystal, the Blade, the Jedi...

cs_zoltan
02.22.2014 , 03:36 AM | #175
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
Yep, its so OP that no one even uses it in ranked anymore and have not used it in ranked since like a month after arenas went live
Noone used Focus because of AP PTs, if you seriously think Focus is not OP you are living in denial.
The Red Eclipse <PC Gamer Mint Imperials>
Kja || Kejann || Snsa || Kyr Meirend || Myr || Kte || Jeanene || Maelin
The Ebon Hawk <Aisthesis>
Medin

Leafy_Bug
02.22.2014 , 06:30 AM | #176
Watchman for PVP, what sorcery is this? You guys want the game to implode ?

vailingfob
02.22.2014 , 12:37 PM | #177
Smash deserved a nerf like this, its been overpowered for 18 months. Stop whining bads.
Exeon The Red Eclipses

"Nerf mid tree op and left tree merc, buff smash and op healing".

Raansu
02.22.2014 , 12:43 PM | #178
Quote: Originally Posted by cs_zoltan View Post
Noone used Focus because of AP PTs, if you seriously think Focus is not OP you are living in denial.
No one uses it because its easy to counter and easy to heal through. Good teams did this magical thing called spreading out so healing the one big hit was easy to deal with. Hell, mudclots team ran two sorcs which apparently most people would believe to be an easy win against but they dominated the "two smasher" teams.

I think the big hit on smash is lulzy and when I do spec into it I do so simply for the laughs of a big hit. Aside from that though? No I really don't believe focus is OP because its a one trick pony and extremely easy to shut down which is blatantly obvious since smash has not been the "go to" spec in arenas and double smash didn't even last a month. Its strong in regs and strong in solo arena because most people in regs and solo are typically not that good.

But balancing specs around the lowest common denominator is a terrible thing to do. I've seen fighting games go from good potential to being horrible because they changed things to help out the terrible players who didn't use common sense.

With that said, I'm not against redesigning the spec. I'm not a fan of nerfs, but if they want to change this spec then do it right. Don't just outright murder the spec. Either redesign it into a single target spec or leave swelling winds/felling blow as is and just make singularity apply to one target thus keeping the aoe a viable aspect of the game while still maintaining strong single target burst. What they are proposing right now murders the spec's entire design which I am highly against, especially since the ability will still register as an aoe thus this new "single target" spec will still be gimped against 30% aoe talents.

Raansu
02.22.2014 , 12:43 PM | #179
Quote: Originally Posted by vailingfob View Post
Smash deserved a nerf like this, its been overpowered for 18 months. Stop whining bads.
The irony here is incredible...

mcpark
02.22.2014 , 02:22 PM | #180
Quote: Originally Posted by vailingfob View Post
Wait wasn't it the whining of bads that got it nerfed over and over again.