Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Update 2.7 Sentinel Changes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Jedi Knight > Sentinel
Game Update 2.7 Sentinel Changes
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Raansu
02.21.2014 , 04:07 PM | #151
Quote: Originally Posted by Venjirai View Post
Not sure if serious...

Maybe you are fine derping bads in random warzones but after this change, smash will be dead in arenas.
We need higher single target damage for bursting targets down, smash alone is not enough.
To be fair...I do regularly get 6-7k scream crits after a smash on my juggernaut...which is way higher than the average auto crit I get from vengenace scream and force crush ticks pretty hard. I wouldn't say its single target damage is great, but its certainly not lacking either.

If they want to nerf this spec in such a manner then ya I believe the auto crit should be moved to a single target attack, but personally as I said above I think felling blow and swelling winds should be left alone and singularity should only apply to your selected target. This way you don't gimp the design of aoe spec and the ability to pressure tank/heal combos, but you're also not hitting 5 people for 9k each. I think that is a fair balance for a one trick pony spec.

Dyvim
02.21.2014 , 04:12 PM | #152
Quote: Originally Posted by cs_zoltan View Post
If your fun is roflstomping with a clearly owerpowered spec, then noone will miss you
If its clearly op, how is it not clearly the damage leader above every other spec every single time? It isn't. If its damage is sooooo OP and outrageous, how is it still just fine as is for PvE???

If you are in a grp that eats a 10k smash on 5 players, or even 3 players, you have missed COUNTLESS opportunities to lessen or mitigate or avoid that damage. In other words, you blew it and should be penalized for clustering like lemmings and being clueless.
The Crystal is the Heart of the Blade.
The Heart is the Crystal of the Jedi.
The Jedi is the Crystal of the Force.
The Force is the Blade of the Heart.
All are Intertwined...the Crystal, the Blade, the Jedi...

AngusFTW
02.21.2014 , 04:15 PM | #153
Quote: Originally Posted by Dyvim View Post
If its clearly op, how is it not clearly the damage leader above every other spec every single time? It isn't. .
Because most smashers you see in regular wzs are pretty terrible.
Tomb of Freedon Nadd
55s.
Bleezar, Bleezár. Bleezlórd. Bleezard. Bleezford, Bleeznaut, Bleezfatt,
Lowbies
Bleezbian, Bleezguard, Bleezdian

vid
twitch

cs_zoltan
02.21.2014 , 04:18 PM | #154
Quote: Originally Posted by AngusFTW View Post
Because most smashers you see in regular wzs are pretty terrible.
Quoted for truth
The Red Eclipse <PC Gamer Mint Imperials>
Kéja || Kejann || Sänsa || Kyrí Meirend || Myrí || Käte || Jeanene || Maelin
The Ebon Hawk <Aisthesis>
Medin

DanNV
02.21.2014 , 04:18 PM | #155
Smash has been OP since they buffed it ages ago. (1.2 or 1.4). IT was originally buffed because "not enough people played it". It had nothing to do with balance. The reverse of sage healers who were nerfed because "everyone plays them." It's WAY past time to nerf smash back to something reasonable. Keep n mind that the spec is OP enough that you can run into teams with 4 or more of them. When they all jump in and smash they kill half a team instantly. No other classes can do that. No class should be able to do that.
REGULATORS

JediMasterSLC
02.21.2014 , 04:24 PM | #156
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Hey everyone!

As we mentioned, we would bring you more information as updates came through on our end for Classes in Game Update 2.7. Below is an updated change to one of the changes coming for Sentinels. All of the other changes still stand.
  • When using Force Sweep, secondary targets will still be affected by the bonus damage granted by Swelling Winds.
You need to allow secondary targets to be affected by Felling Blow (the autocrit) as well, and only keep Singularity as a talent that uniquely buffs sweep's damage to primary targets. The nerf is still heavy overkill if you do not do this.

Dyvim
02.21.2014 , 04:29 PM | #157
Quote: Originally Posted by cs_zoltan View Post
Quoted for truth
This makes no sense...there are plenty of terrible players in this game, and elitist jerks that just think they aren't terrible and don't realize that their attitude makes them sux.. An OP spec is an OP spec.

You and jaded players like Angus, with a ridiculous axe to grind, cant have it both ways. If the spec is so OP and makes bad players so good, you cant sit here and say oh, but it doesn't appear to be OP so many times because it is played by poor players...that is a ridiculous statement. According to all the hate, you don't have to be good to get OP numbers from it. This is of course a lie, when you consider all the counters to it and the nature of melee in the game. There is STILL the same spread of results, just like with any spec.

Is it OP compared to other dps specs that routinely put up equivalent or better numbers...or not? A reasonable person knows the answer to this....if they don't let their emotions get in the way.

Dyvim
02.21.2014 , 04:33 PM | #158
Quote: Originally Posted by DanNV View Post
Smash has been OP since they buffed it ages ago. (1.2 or 1.4). IT was originally buffed because "not enough people played it". It had nothing to do with balance. The reverse of sage healers who were nerfed because "everyone plays them." It's WAY past time to nerf smash back to something reasonable. Keep n mind that the spec is OP enough that you can run into teams with 4 or more of them. When they all jump in and smash they kill half a team instantly. No other classes can do that. No class should be able to do that.
And in that WHOLE TEAM, no one had a knockback, a stun, a Mass taunt, a ward, a bubble, a guard, or the idea in their head not to cluster all within the SAME 5m circle like lemmings? That isn't a team, that's a joke. The tree is a one trick pony tree. That is it. It is a trick that is easily avoided or mitigated. It is very simple, it doesn't put up the numbers unless your opponents are dumb enough to cluster and not mitigate or avoid it with stuns, knockbacks, etc. And even if they are THAT DUMB, the spec doesn't put up damage numbers that cant be rivaled or outdone BY OTHER DPS SPECS.

It really, really is ironic that a spec that flourishes, or can maximizes it's dps ONLY if your opponents are stupid and unskilled, is then turned around and labeled by those same players as being only played by poor and unskilled players... A spec that doesn't put up any better damage numbers than many other dps specs. That really is laughable when you think about it.

AngusFTW
02.21.2014 , 04:39 PM | #159
On your soapbox again i see..
Tomb of Freedon Nadd
55s.
Bleezar, Bleezár. Bleezlórd. Bleezard. Bleezford, Bleeznaut, Bleezfatt,
Lowbies
Bleezbian, Bleezguard, Bleezdian

vid
twitch

Dyvim
02.21.2014 , 04:46 PM | #160
Quote: Originally Posted by AngusFTW View Post
On your soapbox again i see..
The truth is the truth.

I'm not the one rooting for another spec to be over-nerfed, when you damn well KNOW its being over nerfed, leaving only ONE VIABLE pvp spec out of three trees for the class...all because you don't think the spec requires its players to be l33t enough to use it. Hate to break it to you, but there is nothing particularly hard or elite about any of the sent specs, just underpowered or unsuited for pvp, like watchmen, or those with a different playstyle, like combat.

Its easy to sit back and be smug when your spec isn't getting hammered into the ground, and you are unwilling to think about the health or viability of the class as a whole. We now have ONE choice for pvp. ONE build. That is pathetic, and you are happy about it.

At least my soapbox has real soap in it...lol.