Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Netflix getting entire TCW series PLUS The Lost Missions on March 4!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Netflix getting entire TCW series PLUS The Lost Missions on March 4!

Sanguiluna's Avatar


Sanguiluna
02.13.2014 , 04:58 PM | #11
Couple questions:

1) Will this include the pilot film, or just the TV episodes?

2) I never followed this show (save a couple early episodes) because I had heard that the show sucked, though given its huge fanbase now it must've gotten better. Just wondering, around what point does the show start to get better? Just so that I have some beacon to look to while I'm braving the first couple seasons.
It is always midnight in the writer's soul.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
02.13.2014 , 05:08 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Sanguiluna View Post
Couple questions:

1) Will this include the pilot film, or just the TV episodes?

2) I never followed this show (save a couple early episodes) because I had heard that the show sucked, though given its huge fanbase now it must've gotten better. Just wondering, around what point does the show start to get better? Just so that I have some beacon to look to while I'm braving the first couple seasons.
1. Just episodes I think.

2. You are likely listening to the loud minority, the show is awesome. Some episodes have a smattering of cheese - mainly in Season 1 - but altogether they are pretty great. So start from Season 1 and enjoy. That said the show really becomes excellent I around Season 4, reaching its peak around Season 5.

But all in all its a steady incline of improvement.

Also it might be worth taking a look at this. Its all the episodes in chronological order, for some reason George Lucas liked to mix it up a bit until the final seasons. It might work for you but I'd suggest watching it this way.

Now go have fun!

WillCaedes's Avatar


WillCaedes
02.13.2014 , 05:12 PM | #13
YES! YES! I finally get to binge watch an entire series I've never ever seen before (aside from clips on youtube) and its coming five days after my birthday!? YESSSSS, re-upping netflix sub. Bwahahaha.
Audio Customization for Weapons:
Thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...45#post7864645
Poll: http://goo.gl/Y1Mvfk

Pingonaut's Avatar


Pingonaut
02.13.2014 , 11:13 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
YES i can finally go and watch the series i missed and originally boy cotted let me see if it has good enough moments that the moments that piss me off are worth it.
So many things wrong with that post.

I may get Netflix for a month just to binge on TCW, catch up on what I missed!

Darth-Rion's Avatar


Darth-Rion
02.13.2014 , 11:34 PM | #15
What about us over here in the UK? D:
CE VIP Member.

DarthDymond's Avatar


DarthDymond
02.14.2014 , 06:49 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Sanguiluna View Post
Couple questions:

1) Will this include the pilot film, or just the TV episodes?
The movie will be part of it too
USA Today Article: "all five seasons of Clone Wars that aired on Cartoon Network will be available as well, with director's cut episodes and the feature film."
Given the choice whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the fates for another throw, a better throw, against one's destiny, what was a king to do?
But does one ever truly have a choice? One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars.
~Kain

Atim's Avatar


Atim
02.15.2014 , 01:25 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
YES i can finally go and watch the series i missed and originally boy cotted let me see if it has good enough moments that the moments that piss me off are worth it.
Oh, there are, believe me. Because I did the same thing, wrote it off/boycotted for various reasons, but ended up watching all 5 seasons over a week or so. There are a few episodes that just straight up suck, but it's pretty good overall; especially the later seasons.

I wish so bad TCW Anakin would replace Movie Anakin somehow.
A well-built sniper rifle is a beautiful thing. Ours has two zoom modes, "Up close and personal" and "Hello, you're dead."-Sev

"There's no such thing as overkill; just dead and not dead enough."

Nickious's Avatar


Nickious
02.16.2014 , 02:36 PM | #18
I can't wait. I've missed this show for so long.

StarSquirrel's Avatar


StarSquirrel
02.16.2014 , 03:20 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Sanguiluna View Post
I never followed this show (save a couple early episodes) because I had heard that the show sucked, though given its huge fanbase now it must've gotten better. Just wondering, around what point does the show start to get better? Just so that I have some beacon to look to while I'm braving the first couple seasons.
The first season felt very childish and left me disappointed (especially if you compare it to the old CW cartoon). I went back to watch when someone told me that Mandalorians would be involved. Again it insulted me and made me laugh at how bad it was. In fact I still make fun of hippie mandos and refuse to accept them as cannon, so much so I was completely elated when---- well you'll have to find out yourself.

That said, the later Ahsoka arc and a lot of Ventress's stuff was pretty good and while I disapprove of the return of maul, it was done rather well. As Beni said, season 4-5 are the better ones, the early stuff wasn't fantastic to me.
"We're more than just a people or an army, aruetii. We're a culture. We're an idea. And you can't kill ideasóbut we can certainly kill you."

Mandalore the Destroyer

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
02.16.2014 , 07:18 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by StarSquirrel View Post
The first season felt very childish and left me disappointed (especially if you compare it to the old CW cartoon). I went back to watch when someone told me that Mandalorians would be involved. Again it insulted me and made me laugh at how bad it was. In fact I still make fun of hippie mandos and refuse to accept them as cannon, so much so I was completely elated when---- well you'll have to find out yourself.
Your heresies have been noted.