Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Codex on Nok Drayen contains spoilers for end of chapter 1 (no spoilers within)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Codex on Nok Drayen contains spoilers for end of chapter 1 (no spoilers within)

Yamirashi
05.21.2012 , 08:16 AM | #11
Yeah, still annoyed by this 2 days after the fact. Should not have been spoiled in game from a game selling story.

JayVayne
05.21.2012 , 07:10 PM | #12
I wish I'd never have read that codex entry before the end of Act 1. Talk about faulty implementation :s
Quote: Originally Posted by Poxx View Post
Jay is so admired by his friends and enemies, honest and humble, they gave him the name Vayne as a lightsided joke.

Veluthurk
05.21.2012 , 09:39 PM | #13
I found out there was no Santa when I was 8 so I know the feeling.

Yamirashi
05.22.2012 , 06:21 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by veluthurk View Post
i found out there was no santa when i was 8 so i know the feeling.
spoilers!

MayorOfAngrytown
05.23.2012 , 10:17 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Yamirashi View Post
Yeah, still annoyed by this 2 days after the fact. Should not have been spoiled in game from a game selling story.
Agreed. I'm still pretty annoyed about it too, and I did that at least a couple weeks ago.

Spoiler

Giving out that info in the codex entry was pretty weak, but shouldn't be too much of a surprise after spawning the mission. But spoiling the ending of act one regarding
Spoiler
was just inexcusable from a story telling perspective. The smuggler has some of the best VO work in the game, and in general is just a damn entertaining character which makes this oversight even more glaring and sad.

Easily one of the biggest story let-downs in this game (although so far, Act 2 is pretty lackluster for the smuggler, so that might end up trumping the codex spoiler, jury is still out since I haven't gotten very far into act 2 yet.

They should move the Nok Drayen codex entry so that you don't receive it until finish the act. Or rewrite it so it doesn't spoil the rest of the Act that follows receiving it.

At least then you learn his plans from him, and not some game mechanic.

Eutoxis
05.25.2012 , 06:14 AM | #16
As the movie character Remo Williams said to Chiun, "It's pre-spoiled."

randalthorr
05.26.2012 , 09:39 PM | #17
WHAT THE ****!!! I just had this happen and I was like, man these people have some really stupid employees to have it pop before the quest was over. I mean, COME ON! Damn it, that just did it for me. Logged off!
“Equality is a chain, like obedience. Like fear or uncertainty or self doubt.”
-Darth Bane

Red-Zone Australia

thepilk
05.26.2012 , 11:19 PM | #18
Vette spoiled it for me on my Sith Warrior
SWG's Last Jedi Senator
Facebook.com/straightouttacomicon
youtube.com/straightouttacomicon

Halkyon
05.27.2012 , 01:18 AM | #19
Lol, I remember this vividly. Saw the codex popup, "Oh, nifty!" *Read it* "...I probably wasn't supposed to know that yet."

Getting the codex entry moved until AFTER Act 1 is done would be nice. <_<

Regarding Act 2, it's definitely the weakest spot in the Smuggler arc, BUT it does end up being important (just unfortunately, you don't find that out while you're doing it, which makes playing through it feel a lot less compelling/like it lacks direction).

ekyfoll
01.24.2013 , 04:46 PM | #20
I have to reply on this old thread, i just got seriously mad when i got the damn entry, i mean, are you insane? One year and you didnt fix this? Its not like its hard, make it appear AFTER we know! I mean, this is seriously bad....